Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Kane 10:13 - May 18 with 22026 viewsHeathlander

Is he world class?
Harry Kane on 13:51 - May 18 with 4564 viewschristiand

Harry Kane on 13:47 - May 18 by bournemouthblue

I think Lingard is the one who will surprise the most people, he seems to link up well with our current attacking options

Vardy again is a bit of an unknown quantity on the international scene

In terms of attacking full backs, we are well stocked and pretty healthy in comparison to rival nations

I personally think this side is far better to watch than the golden generation and capable of competing provided the defence can be sorted out

If they played the Golden Generation side they'd have had all the ball and get done from a set piece

Could just do with either Lampard or Gerrard in our central midfield for Russia.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 13:53]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Harry Kane on 14:03 - May 18 with 4556 viewsFtnfwest

Harry Kane on 13:39 - May 18 by Currie10

I don't think Kane's got much left to prove, apart from the fact he can cut it in another league personally.

I mean last 4 seasons - goals - 31 / 28 / 35 / 41.

With people banging on about the Premier League being ' the best league in the world ' - something which I'm less convinced than others by - surely he'd score MORE goals in WORSE leagues?!

As for sides he'd get into -

Any in Italy bar perhaps Juventus with Higuain. I actually think he'd an upgrade / better movement than Gonzalo but that's open to debate.

France - Any bar perhaps PSG. That being said, I'm sure PSG would happily have him to replace Cavani at some point.

Spain - I'd argue he'd easily walk into Real over Benzema these days. If Barca could get their hands on him, I think he'd start games or they'd work a way to get him into the side.

Germany - any club bar perhaps Bayern with Lewandowski. Again, IF Bayern had Kane they'd no doubt figure a way to get the 2 together. They are lightyears ahead of anything their sadly ( ££££ wrecked the game )

As for a ' good world cup will make him world class ' debate - absolute horse minure if you ask me.

Take various golden shoe winners - Davor Suker 98 for instance. Very good striker, sure. Did that do an awful lot to how he was viewed in the game ? Real kept him one more year, then with his golden shoe in toe, he rewarded them with 5 goals in all completions.......

Kane will have chances vs Panama + Tunisia for sure and I'd expect a couple of goals there. In my opinion, Martinez is a pub manager so we have a good chance of beating Belgium.

I don't see England being capable of going past the quarters - so I don't think Kane is going to have the chance do to loads.

How about Weah / Giggs / players like this over the years - were they all of a sudden NOT world class as they didn't do it in tournaments!?

Kane is absolutely world class.

Agree with most of that. People battered Rooney with the same argument that he did it at all levels bar major international competitions (except 2004 tbf).
I just meant more from the point of view that if Kane was woeful in the upcoming tournament he then won't have performed twice on that stage whereas 'world class' players i would have thought should be able to adapt to any stage. Mind you not that i don't expect him to do well or at least ok as i think he genuinely is world class.
Harry Kane on 14:21 - May 18 with 4544 viewsHerbivore

Harry Kane on 13:42 - May 18 by christiand

Not at all Herbivore. Knowing what your football knowledge is like, it wouldn’t surprise me if you thought Rodriquez was world class....just needed clarity!!
[Post edited 18 May 2018 13:46]

Eh? Chicoazul said James was world class on his definition, I disputed that. You accused me of starting an argument in an empty room because nobody was saying James was world class. I pointed out that was exactly what someone had said and you said I'd misread it. Now you've realised it was you who misread it you are continuing to throw out empty insults rather than being a man and apologising for having got it spectacularly wrong. The irony of it is that you actually seem to agree with me pulling someone up on saying that James Rodriguez is world class.

You do realise trolling is something you're meant to do to other people, right?
[Post edited 18 May 2018 14:30]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Harry Kane on 14:29 - May 18 with 4535 viewsNo9

Harry Kane on 14:03 - May 18 by Ftnfwest

Agree with most of that. People battered Rooney with the same argument that he did it at all levels bar major international competitions (except 2004 tbf).
I just meant more from the point of view that if Kane was woeful in the upcoming tournament he then won't have performed twice on that stage whereas 'world class' players i would have thought should be able to adapt to any stage. Mind you not that i don't expect him to do well or at least ok as i think he genuinely is world class.

"'world class' players i would have thought should be able to adapt to any stage"

This is the key isn't it?
Unfotunately thay shows England have had very few 'world class' players.
The 'golden generation' flopped badly in Germany & Beckham looked good at MU - not so good in international games
Harry Kane on 14:32 - May 18 with 4531 viewschristiand

Harry Kane on 14:21 - May 18 by Herbivore

Eh? Chicoazul said James was world class on his definition, I disputed that. You accused me of starting an argument in an empty room because nobody was saying James was world class. I pointed out that was exactly what someone had said and you said I'd misread it. Now you've realised it was you who misread it you are continuing to throw out empty insults rather than being a man and apologising for having got it spectacularly wrong. The irony of it is that you actually seem to agree with me pulling someone up on saying that James Rodriguez is world class.

You do realise trolling is something you're meant to do to other people, right?
[Post edited 18 May 2018 14:30]

You still going? Get a down arrow in Herbivore you excel at that!!!
[Post edited 18 May 2018 14:35]

Harry Kane on 14:36 - May 18 with 4523 viewschicoazul

Harry Kane on 12:04 - May 18 by itfcjoe

I think there's a difference between world class and being undisputably in the best 5 players of all time.

Well yes I realise that, this was in answer to the point about good players having to be part of good teams or whatever it was.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Harry Kane on 14:37 - May 18 with 4521 viewschicoazul

Harry Kane on 13:42 - May 18 by christiand

Not at all Herbivore. Knowing what your football knowledge is like, it wouldn’t surprise me if you thought Rodriquez was world class....just needed clarity!!
[Post edited 18 May 2018 13:46]

He doesnt, I do.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Harry Kane on 14:40 - May 18 with 4517 viewschicoazul

Harry Kane on 13:43 - May 18 by Currie10

Absolute rubbish.

James Rodriguez isn't even a striker for a start.

What makes Aguero so special? Always injured and Pep wants him out.

Not Kane's fault England aren't in South American qualification.

Do you sniff glue?

Sorry Harry's Dad.

Login to get fewer ads

Harry Kane on 14:45 - May 18 with 4514 viewsHerbivore

Harry Kane on 14:32 - May 18 by christiand

You still going? Get a down arrow in Herbivore you excel at that!!!
[Post edited 18 May 2018 14:35]

Disappointing response. You've been pulled up on being wrong and you started an argument with me that was based on nothing more than your inability to read. Rather than admitting you're wrong you're acting like a child. Real shame. I thought more of you than that, not much more admittedly, but you've gone down in my estimation.

Harry Kane on 14:58 - May 18 with 4500 viewsitfcjoe

Harry Kane on 12:43 - May 18 by hype313

You think Pep would want him at City given what he had with Ibra at Barcelona?

Biggest problem with Ibra is that he didn't fit into Pep's Plan A - that wouldn't be an issue with Neymar which should mean the off field doesn't come into it as much

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Harry Kane on 15:06 - May 18 with 4496 viewschristiand

Harry Kane on 14:45 - May 18 by Herbivore

Disappointing response. You've been pulled up on being wrong and you started an argument with me that was based on nothing more than your inability to read. Rather than admitting you're wrong you're acting like a child. Real shame. I thought more of you than that, not much more admittedly, but you've gone down in my estimation.

Oh, I like it the emotional response, but no customary down arrow is quite perplexing!? The fact that you’re spending so much time and effort in your responses this obviously means so much to you that I’ll offer the olive branch and admit I need to stop scan reading and agree that I don’t feel Rodriquez is world class, which I outlined earlier. Nevertheless, you accusing me of being childish when you just continually down arrow posts for little justification other than they don’t concur with your view is little more than pot, kettle and black!!
[Post edited 18 May 2018 15:07]

Harry Kane on 15:10 - May 18 with 4493 viewsHerbivore

Harry Kane on 15:06 - May 18 by christiand

Oh, I like it the emotional response, but no customary down arrow is quite perplexing!? The fact that you’re spending so much time and effort in your responses this obviously means so much to you that I’ll offer the olive branch and admit I need to stop scan reading and agree that I don’t feel Rodriquez is world class, which I outlined earlier. Nevertheless, you accusing me of being childish when you just continually down arrow posts for little justification other than they don’t concur with your view is little more than pot, kettle and black!!
[Post edited 18 May 2018 15:07]

That's not quite an apology but it'll do.

Harry Kane on 15:12 - May 18 with 4490 viewshype313

Harry Kane on 14:58 - May 18 by itfcjoe

Biggest problem with Ibra is that he didn't fit into Pep's Plan A - that wouldn't be an issue with Neymar which should mean the off field doesn't come into it as much

I think the general assumption of why he failed was he wanted to be the main man at Barca and obviously with Messi there it was never going to happen. Same with Neymar.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Harry Kane on 15:14 - May 18 with 4489 viewschristiand

Harry Kane on 15:10 - May 18 by Herbivore

That's not quite an apology but it'll do.

It’s the best you’re going to get Herbivore, so take it and let’s move on! On a slightly different note, that Rodriquez fella he’s a ‘world class’ striker. Thoughts?

Harry Kane on 15:31 - May 18 with 4469 viewslinhdi

No. He misses too many chances. He'd probably be on the World XI bench though.
Harry Kane on 17:12 - May 18 with 4442 viewsmanchego

Harry Kane on 11:31 - May 18 by chicoazul

We have 4 or 5 decent players. Kane Sterling Kyle Walker, Delle Ali on his day, John Stones. But none of them are world class.

the phrase "on his day" rules someone out of world class doesn't it ?
Harry Kane on 17:24 - May 18 with 4440 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Nah, you have to win something first as well
Harry Kane on 17:45 - May 18 with 4429 viewsslump

Harry Kane on 10:19 - May 18 by chicoazul

Regularly have this argument. No, not quite. The highest levels of football are the World Cup Champions League and to a slightly lesser extent South American WC qualifying. He hasn't really done anything in the WC yet, he has done ok in the CL but Spurs havent done much. For me true world class is players who do it at the absolute top level consistently and I dont mean turkey shoots against Andorra or Gibraltar in qualifying matches so Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Griezmann, Aguero, James Rodruguez. Kane is just a level below world elite.

Interesting take. So that said and it makes a lot of sense, is Mo Salah world class?

UTT

Harry Kane on 17:49 - May 18 with 4428 viewsmanchego

Until Barca and Real ( and a few others) go for him in a big way then no.
Harry Kane on 19:02 - May 18 with 4405 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Harry Kane on 10:19 - May 18 by chicoazul

Regularly have this argument. No, not quite. The highest levels of football are the World Cup Champions League and to a slightly lesser extent South American WC qualifying. He hasn't really done anything in the WC yet, he has done ok in the CL but Spurs havent done much. For me true world class is players who do it at the absolute top level consistently and I dont mean turkey shoots against Andorra or Gibraltar in qualifying matches so Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Griezmann, Aguero, James Rodruguez. Kane is just a level below world elite.

"Has done ok in the champs league". Classic. Ok being 7 goals in 7 games. Wow, thats "ok". Clearly he's World Class by any sensible definition. He has gone full year scoring more than anyone internationally. He has consistenly scored 25-40+ goals year on year consistently. He has scored goals at every level consistently. The only possible way you could sensibly argue 'no' to this question is if your definition of World Class is Messi and Ronaldo and nothing south of that. He's not as exciting to watch as some players but he is absolutely World Class at his job up front and putting the ball in the back of the net. Honestly dont see the debate in this unless you are setting some odd restrictions on the definition e.g. they jave to be incredibly skillful and have loads of exciting tricks.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Harry Kane on 09:26 - May 22 with 4325 viewsCurrie10

Harry Kane on 17:49 - May 18 by manchego

Until Barca and Real ( and a few others) go for him in a big way then no.

Why does he have to play for them 2 to be considered this?

I assume Pele WASN'T world class then......

When Maradona moved from Barca to Napoli did he suddenly become not world class?

Roberto Baggio was better at Bologna + Brescia than Inter and Ac - does that make him go down in opinion due to who he's at?

Some absolutely laughable opinions out there.

Kane is without doubt one of the best 10 pure CFs in the world.
Harry Kane on 09:31 - May 22 with 4318 viewschicoazul

Harry Kane on 17:12 - May 18 by manchego

the phrase "on his day" rules someone out of world class doesn't it ?

Yes. I didnt say he was world class.

Harry Kane on 09:32 - May 22 with 4316 viewschicoazul

Harry Kane on 17:45 - May 18 by slump

Interesting take. So that said and it makes a lot of sense, is Mo Salah world class?

Not yet if you ask me, although he has had success in two different leagues which is another good way to tell how good a player really is.

Harry Kane on 09:38 - May 22 with 4310 viewschicoazul

Harry Kane on 09:26 - May 22 by Currie10

Why does he have to play for them 2 to be considered this?

I assume Pele WASN'T world class then......

When Maradona moved from Barca to Napoli did he suddenly become not world class?

Roberto Baggio was better at Bologna + Brescia than Inter and Ac - does that make him go down in opinion due to who he's at?

Some absolutely laughable opinions out there.

Kane is without doubt one of the best 10 pure CFs in the world.

You could be one of the top 10 CFs - and I would agree he probably is - and still not be a true elite player. I don't think you can count Lukaku as elite for instance.

True elite players do it consistently at the highest level for club and country and as an added criteria have more often than not done it in more than one league. I don't disagree that he is very good but he is not true elite level yet and I am not talking Messi/Ron levels since those guys exist in an alternate reality altogether. If one ran a blue chip club and could buy any one forward in the world Kane would be down the list a fair way (but still be the top English player by far).

Harry Kane on 09:40 - May 22 with 4309 viewsHerbivore

Harry Kane on 09:38 - May 22 by chicoazul

You could be one of the top 10 CFs - and I would agree he probably is - and still not be a true elite player. I don't think you can count Lukaku as elite for instance.

True elite players do it consistently at the highest level for club and country and as an added criteria have more often than not done it in more than one league. I don't disagree that he is very good but he is not true elite level yet and I am not talking Messi/Ron levels since those guys exist in an alternate reality altogether. If one ran a blue chip club and could buy any one forward in the world Kane would be down the list a fair way (but still be the top English player by far).

I'm not sure I agree with that last bit. If you were after an out and out striker to lead your attack then I'd expect Kane to be very near the top of the list.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024