Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four 11:37 - May 9 with 5344 viewsDanFord

Hurst for a young manager familiar with the lower leagues, vital for scouting and with a reputation for good football, Warburton as someone who also plays good stuff and knows the division and would keep us competitive whilst bringing through the youth, Steijn for something totally different, a calculated risk who has proven he can play great football and score loads of goals while keeping clean sheets, but also completely adapt to a higher league and become tough to beat and Burley to reconnect the club with the fans, push on with plenty of youth and play different stuff. I'd be delighted with any of the four depending on what Evans thinks. Only Hurst and Steijn are the something different, but those two and Burley could be considered a risk.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 11:48 - May 9 with 4670 viewsboroughblue

Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of Burley. It's very Nostalgic, and he knows and loves the area and the fans. The fans would probably love it. But he's been out of the game for years, he'll be very out of touch, with not many contacts in the game. I just can't realistically see it working.

Personally, Hurst is my first choice. I wouldn't mind Warbuton, did a great job at Brentford. But the more I think about Steijn, the less keen I get.

Overall though, whoever we appoint. They will get my full backing and support. Just like MM did throughout his time.

Very excited for next season
Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 11:52 - May 9 with 4649 viewsOsborneOneNil

Hurst, Warburton, Jones for me. Happy with any of them.
Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 11:57 - May 9 with 4641 viewsSouperJim

I still think Warburton is the "safest" bet to give us the kind of approach we want, without being too risky in terms of competence.

Hurst would be my second pick, some concerns about whether Shrews have a safety first approach as reported, but with the quality we have upfront hopefully that would be a non-issue. Hasn't managed at this level previously though.

Steijn and Burley are more risky appointments for me, for very different reasons, but I'd be fully on board with either if ME thinks he has the right man. They have more to offer in my eyes than any of the random players-moving-into-management we've been linked with, or known names off the merry-go-round like Sherwood and McClaren. Yawn.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 11:58 - May 9 with 4637 viewsLord_Lucan

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 11:48 - May 9 by boroughblue

Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of Burley. It's very Nostalgic, and he knows and loves the area and the fans. The fans would probably love it. But he's been out of the game for years, he'll be very out of touch, with not many contacts in the game. I just can't realistically see it working.

Personally, Hurst is my first choice. I wouldn't mind Warbuton, did a great job at Brentford. But the more I think about Steijn, the less keen I get.

Overall though, whoever we appoint. They will get my full backing and support. Just like MM did throughout his time.

Very excited for next season

As far as I know / think Steijn has never been in the frame, Burley has no chance and the seemingly preferred Mowbray isn't going anywhere by the look of it.
I was thinking Cook for a while but he's signed a new deal, Lampard would want too much of a war chest and I really don't see Sherwood being considered as a viable option.

Hurst and Jones are the obvious two that seem to stand out now but I have an inkling for Darrell Clarke and Marcus Stewart.

NB; None of the above is definite info.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 12:05 - May 9 with 4599 viewstextbackup

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 11:58 - May 9 by Lord_Lucan

As far as I know / think Steijn has never been in the frame, Burley has no chance and the seemingly preferred Mowbray isn't going anywhere by the look of it.
I was thinking Cook for a while but he's signed a new deal, Lampard would want too much of a war chest and I really don't see Sherwood being considered as a viable option.

Hurst and Jones are the obvious two that seem to stand out now but I have an inkling for Darrell Clarke and Marcus Stewart.

NB; None of the above is definite info.

the more I think about it, I keep putting ME's words together, along with player interviews.
"something new"
"i love this area, can see myself as manager one day"

could he look towards Luke Chambers?!

very unlikely but I cant help but think it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 12:05 - May 9 with 4581 viewsKieran_Knows

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 12:05 - May 9 by textbackup

the more I think about it, I keep putting ME's words together, along with player interviews.
"something new"

I can see that happening, as the next appointment after this one.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 12:06]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 12:10 - May 9 with 4544 viewshype313

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 11:57 - May 9 by SouperJim

I still think Warburton is the "safest" bet to give us the kind of approach we want, without being too risky in terms of competence.

Hurst would be my second pick, some concerns about whether Shrews have a safety first approach as reported, but with the quality we have upfront hopefully that would be a non-issue. Hasn't managed at this level previously though.

Steijn and Burley are more risky appointments for me, for very different reasons, but I'd be fully on board with either if ME thinks he has the right man. They have more to offer in my eyes than any of the random players-moving-into-management we've been linked with, or known names off the merry-go-round like Sherwood and McClaren. Yawn.

Steijn it seems has never been in the running by all accounts, Burley isn't what Evans is looking for going forward and if Warburton was high up on the list then you would have thought the club would have offered him something by now as he's out of work and the sooner he gets in the better as far as I'm concerned.

So that really only leaves us with Hurst, you would have thought feelers have been put out and it's a case of interested, but leave it until the conclusion of the Play Offs.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 12:11 - May 9 with 4537 viewsLord_Lucan

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 12:05 - May 9 by textbackup

"something new"

I think you've been laying in the sun too long.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 12:17 - May 9 with 4505 viewsSuperfrans

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 12:05 - May 9 by Kieran_Knows

I can see that happening, as the next appointment after this one.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 12:06]

Klug has made the point about ITFC becoming an academy for young coaches too, so you'd expect Luke to use that as a pathway, possibly with Skuse too.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 12:18 - May 9 with 4486 viewsSuperfrans

Hurst / Warburton / Parker / AN Other none of us has even considered

That's the way it's going, for me.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 12:18 - May 9 with 4483 viewslowhouseblue

for me - 1. burley; 2. warburton

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 12:18 - May 9 with 4486 viewsKieran_Knows

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 12:17 - May 9 by Superfrans

Klug has made the point about ITFC becoming an academy for young coaches too, so you'd expect Luke to use that as a pathway, possibly with Skuse too.

You would have thought so. Skuse is actually already doing work with the academy, I was told on the weekend. He helps/joins in with coaching the under 14's.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 12:20 - May 9 with 4464 viewsMonkey_Blue

Steijn or Burley for me from those touted.
Steijn is a risk but at least a risk who has been a sucess the last few seasons and would offer something new. He’s also coming from a league where coaching is the primary task for a “Manager” so I doubt he’d have any issues with working within the current structure. He also must be aware of talented but relatively cheap Dutch players.

Burley would at least get us passing again and knows the club well, not least because a huge swathe of the coaching staff worked with him before or played at the club under him..including his son in law. Plus he’d get Portman Road somewhere nearer full again and that is always going to help performances and results.

Hurst hasn’t done badly but he’s still not managed at a level similar to this. I wouldn’t be dismayed but have to admit I know little of how his sides play.

Warburton left Brentford when he didn’t like the structure the club were putting in place and I can’t recall the specifics but whoever comes in it’s clear has to work within the clubs structure. He got Brentford playing good football and isn’t averse to bringing young players in, so once again I wouldn’t be lacking in optimism at least initially. You can’t judge him on
forest, that jobs has been like trying round up a thousand crazy frogs on amphetimines most of the last few years.
Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 12:43 - May 9 with 4387 viewsdryas

You've missed out Pablo. With Kuqi as assistant.
Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 12:48 - May 9 with 4363 viewschristiand

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 12:18 - May 9 by lowhouseblue

for me - 1. burley; 2. warburton

Snap! Those are my two choices and in that order Lowhouseblue too!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 13:19 - May 9 with 4283 viewsbenno1uk

What about Jaap Stam? He was confirmed as being lined up for an interview.
Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 13:24 - May 9 with 4264 views12th_Man

Hurst yes Warburton yes Steijn yes but won't happen Burley no

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 14:06 - May 9 with 4153 viewsSouperJim

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 12:10 - May 9 by hype313

Steijn it seems has never been in the running by all accounts, Burley isn't what Evans is looking for going forward and if Warburton was high up on the list then you would have thought the club would have offered him something by now as he's out of work and the sooner he gets in the better as far as I'm concerned.

So that really only leaves us with Hurst, you would have thought feelers have been put out and it's a case of interested, but leave it until the conclusion of the Play Offs.

I agree on all accounts and Hurst's rapidly shortening odds suggest you're not the only one thinking along these lines.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 14:17 - May 9 with 4122 viewslegal_blue

Graham Potter for me, please:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Potter
Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 14:19 - May 9 with 4114 viewsLuk38644

Amazed that Warburton has been strongly linked yet because, to me, he fits the bill here quite well.

If we're ruling out Mowbray/Steijn/Cook etc, then any of Jones, Clarke, Warburton or Hurst would suit me. Happy with any of them.
Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 14:24 - May 9 with 4099 viewsbaxterbasics

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 12:43 - May 9 by dryas

You've missed out Pablo. With Kuqi as assistant.

I don't know why we aren't hearing more shouts for Shef, given he is already getting management experience under his belt, albeit in Finland.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 14:37 - May 9 with 4065 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Paul Tisdale was linked recently wasn't he?.. Albeit as a bit of a throwaway line to a rumour linking him to MK dons (and others)

Probably wouldn't be as high on the owners list, but he's also involved in the play off picture, so not available until end May/June. He is also out of contract soon so may be on the radar & could be offered an interview
Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 19:09 - May 9 with 3912 viewsKuqicoo

Take out Burley and replace with Jones and that would be my final 4.

I just hope Marcus will think the same 🤞
Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 21:37 - May 9 with 3772 viewswazza

I am not sure it was ever seriously being considered but what about the guy who gave an interview to the EADT. Initially an interesting read but never in the bettin really but certainly different but a risk having never managed in league
http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/taiwan-manager-gary-white-wants-to-follow-in-the-foo
Hurst / Warburton / Steijn / Burley - My final four on 13:00 - May 10 with 3545 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Hurst, Ross, Steijn, Warburton, Mowbray, Jones, Lampard, Parker. Any of those and I'll be happy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024