Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Bowyer 23:11 - Apr 17 with 6718 viewsJimmy86

Seems Bowyer has taken to management rather well. Won 4 of his 7 games in charge of Charlton. Know he isn't that well thought of by some, but doing a good job none the less.

Don't think he let us down whilst he was here either. That goal against West Ham at Upton Park was absolute scenes to quote Rommy!!
Lee Bowyer on 23:39 - Apr 17 with 5627 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Only won one of his last 4 matches.

That’s relegation form ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lee Bowyer on 23:44 - Apr 17 with 5620 viewsfooters

Speaking as a card-carrying NF member, I'd welcome him with open arms.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lee Bowyer on 01:20 - Apr 18 with 5556 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

I’d sooner have him as manager than lampard or gerrard. At least he seems happy to learn the trade rather than expect a top job.
Lee Bowyer on 07:08 - Apr 18 with 5458 viewsBlueBadger

'That goal' was his only goal here. He spent his time here being racist, injured, very obviously past-it or all of the above.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lee Bowyer on 07:10 - Apr 18 with 5449 viewsBenters2

Lee Bowyer on 23:39 - Apr 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not if your club is managed Mick Mac it isnt.
Lee Bowyer on 07:12 - Apr 18 with 5448 viewsJimmy86

Lee Bowyer on 07:08 - Apr 18 by BlueBadger

'That goal' was his only goal here. He spent his time here being racist, injured, very obviously past-it or all of the above.

Don't seem to remember him being racist at Ipswich. There was the incident at Leeds, which was found to be untrue anyway and that's an incredible slur on him.

Wasn't his fault he was signed in the latter stages of his career, also see Jonathan Douglas.
Lee Bowyer on 07:16 - Apr 18 with 5442 viewsBlueBadger

Lee Bowyer on 07:12 - Apr 18 by Jimmy86

Don't seem to remember him being racist at Ipswich. There was the incident at Leeds, which was found to be untrue anyway and that's an incredible slur on him.

Wasn't his fault he was signed in the latter stages of his career, also see Jonathan Douglas.

There was also the incident at Charlton in a McDonalds, which he WAS convicted for....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lee Bowyer on 07:47 - Apr 18 with 5405 viewsJimmy86

Lee Bowyer on 07:16 - Apr 18 by BlueBadger

There was also the incident at Charlton in a McDonalds, which he WAS convicted for....

Well if he was guilty he will have been dealt with under the legal system. Can kinda understand why your opinion of him is so low.

Still fact remains he has taken to management quite well. 4 wins out of 7 isn't a bad record
Login to get fewer ads

Lee Bowyer on 08:00 - Apr 18 with 5383 viewstextbackup

What racist behaviour did he display here?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lee Bowyer on 08:02 - Apr 18 with 5374 viewsPendejo

Last night's win was a biggy, put a dent in Shrewsbury's dream of automatic promotion

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Lee Bowyer on 08:03 - Apr 18 with 5367 viewsBenters2

Dont worry its only Badger,he is always calling someone racist.

TGM.

TN.
Lee Bowyer on 08:06 - Apr 18 with 5356 viewsLeoMuff

Would be hoping for longer than 7 games to see if someone knows what their doing.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Lee Bowyer on 08:31 - Apr 18 with 5311 viewsCurrie10

Lee Bowyer on 08:00 - Apr 18 by textbackup

What racist behaviour did he display here?

Absolutely none to memory.

People all make mistakes yet it's a good idea to get a stick and whack them over the head with it until the end of time :)
Lee Bowyer on 08:33 - Apr 18 with 5301 viewsITFC_Forever

Lee Bowyer on 01:20 - Apr 18 by FrowsyArmLarry

I’d sooner have him as manager than lampard or gerrard. At least he seems happy to learn the trade rather than expect a top job.

If Gerrard / Lampard get the job here, how is that walking in to a top job?

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Lee Bowyer on 08:45 - Apr 18 with 5289 viewsSteve_M

TBF here he managed two and his behaviour here seems to have been professional. On the pitch he looked good at times but was let down by fitness. He might have done an ok job had Jewell not played him in midfield with Bullard and Andrews.

However, I wouldn't have signed him because of his history and also because players on the way down on big wages are not exactly ideal for this division.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Lee Bowyer on 08:52 - Apr 18 with 5271 viewsconnorscontract

"The incident at Leeds which was found to be untrue"

Would that be the incident when an Asian student almost died, and Michael Duberry was phoned by Woodgate and Bowyer to get them out of Leeds city centre sharpish?

The incident when 2 youth team players took the rap and two players valued in the millions who left the scene rapidly were found "Not Guilty" due to lack of evidence as the two youth team players kept their mouths shut?

There are five people who know what happened. Two of them took the rap, two others ran away. The fifth one had major brain injuries and so I guess his recollections of the night in question might be a little hazy.

But on the racist attack in McDonald's, Bowyer was found guilty.
Lee Bowyer on 08:58 - Apr 18 with 5254 viewsHerbivore

Lee Bowyer on 08:31 - Apr 18 by Currie10

Absolutely none to memory.

People all make mistakes yet it's a good idea to get a stick and whack them over the head with it until the end of time :)

Racial violence is a 'mistake'? Interesting, the other day you were on about this country being too soft and needing to bang people up more often. I'm starting to understand why you think Benters talks sense.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lee Bowyer on 09:20 - Apr 18 with 5223 viewsJohnny_Boy

Lee Bowyer on 07:16 - Apr 18 by BlueBadger

Have you sent that apology letter to Ched Evans yet?
Lee Bowyer on 09:22 - Apr 18 with 5205 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Lee Bowyer on 08:33 - Apr 18 by ITFC_Forever

If Gerrard / Lampard get the job here, how is that walking in to a top job?

It wouldn’t be, and they wouldn’t really want to be here either. It would only be a brief stepping stone to them... either to a top job or back out of the game. The latter being the most likely scenario and the reason why managing us would be a massive risk for both parties
Lee Bowyer on 09:44 - Apr 18 with 5165 viewstextbackup

Lee Bowyer on 08:58 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

Racial violence is a 'mistake'? Interesting, the other day you were on about this country being too soft and needing to bang people up more often. I'm starting to understand why you think Benters talks sense.

to confirm, he displayed no racist behaviour whilst at town tho? which is what bluebadger seems to suggest

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lee Bowyer on 09:46 - Apr 18 with 5156 viewschicoazul

The days of Leadbitter Bowyer and JET in midfield for ITFC are peak Banter Era.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lee Bowyer on 09:50 - Apr 18 with 5148 viewsJohnny_Boy

Before Micks final win in charge versus Barnsley, that was his first win in 7
Lee Bowyer on 10:26 - Apr 18 with 5104 viewsJimmy86

Lee Bowyer on 08:52 - Apr 18 by connorscontract

"The incident at Leeds which was found to be untrue"

Would that be the incident when an Asian student almost died, and Michael Duberry was phoned by Woodgate and Bowyer to get them out of Leeds city centre sharpish?

The incident when 2 youth team players took the rap and two players valued in the millions who left the scene rapidly were found "Not Guilty" due to lack of evidence as the two youth team players kept their mouths shut?

There are five people who know what happened. Two of them took the rap, two others ran away. The fifth one had major brain injuries and so I guess his recollections of the night in question might be a little hazy.

But on the racist attack in McDonald's, Bowyer was found guilty.

I don't condone racism or violence in any way, just to make that clear. I used to work in the MOD and worked alongside soldiers from Fiji, Ghana and Nepalese Gurkhas. They all do a fantastic job and are proud to serve the British armed forces.

I was merely challenging Badger's accusation that he displayed racist behaviour, whilst at town. He didn't and he is using his past misdemeanors to form a judgement with.
Lee Bowyer on 12:08 - Apr 18 with 5042 viewsHerbivore

Lee Bowyer on 09:44 - Apr 18 by textbackup

to confirm, he displayed no racist behaviour whilst at town tho? which is what bluebadger seems to suggest

He called me a honky.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lee Bowyer on 12:11 - Apr 18 with 5036 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

Lee Bowyer on 12:08 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

He called me a honky.

He was a bloody good racist though, can't fault him there

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024