Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... 08:02 - Apr 10 with 3041 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I read an old interview with Sir Bobby from 2003 saying he still had a family home in Ipswich. Where was that?

Also, where did the players of Sir Bobbys era live? I know one or two were in Bucklesham Road as my parents lived there at the time, and John Wark was in Bucklesham village for a while.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... on 08:22 - Apr 10 with 2995 viewsblueislander

I believe Sir Bobby's was in the Henley Road area. Going back to the early days (50s and early 60s) the club owned several houses where the players lived. Neil Myles lived just round the corner from me off Belstead Road.
Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... on 08:36 - Apr 10 with 2979 viewsle2blue

Bobby lived on Constitution Hill near to the junction with Henley Road, I used to see him regularly walking his dog on Valley Road. Used to stop and chat, this was during his engalnd days and I was about 14, he used to talk so enthusiastically about the town and what was going on with England in the lead up to Mexico 86...also saw him a few days after the defeat to Sheffield Wednesday and our relegation from Div 1, we were both almost in tears talking about what had happened....he was a top bloke.

His springer spaniel was called Roger by the way!

Kieron Dyer now lives not far from him on Constitution Hill as well, ironically.
Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... on 08:39 - Apr 10 with 2968 viewsblueislander

Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... on 08:36 - Apr 10 by le2blue

Bobby lived on Constitution Hill near to the junction with Henley Road, I used to see him regularly walking his dog on Valley Road. Used to stop and chat, this was during his engalnd days and I was about 14, he used to talk so enthusiastically about the town and what was going on with England in the lead up to Mexico 86...also saw him a few days after the defeat to Sheffield Wednesday and our relegation from Div 1, we were both almost in tears talking about what had happened....he was a top bloke.

Kieron Dyer now lives not far from him on Constitution Hill as well, ironically.

He named his dog after me!
Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... on 08:59 - Apr 10 with 2938 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Sounds like sir bobby wasn’t far from sir Alf then.

I bet Dyer has an impressive pad!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... on 09:31 - Apr 10 with 2889 viewsbrazil1982

Consitution Hill is a lovely area, SBR's house was painted pink if i remember correctly.
Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... on 10:46 - Apr 10 with 2847 viewsBluespeed225

Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... on 08:59 - Apr 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

Sounds like sir bobby wasn’t far from sir Alf then.

I bet Dyer has an impressive pad!

my mate had a flat down the hill from SBR, who could often be seen cleaning his car. TWTD! story has it that Bobby would be on one side of valley Rd, Alf on the Broomhill side with their dogs, no words spoken between them. More from Alfs side i think. SBR offered lady Ramsey 10k for Sir Alfs medical treatment, and asked the FA to match it. Lady Ramsey said they were happy to be on a normal ward in Ipswich hospital and turned it down.
Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... on 11:15 - Apr 10 with 2813 viewsjontysnut

Big Alan Hunter still lives on Stoke Park -Broomhayes way.
Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... on 11:27 - Apr 10 with 2788 viewsTheBlueBarca

With all the nastiness right now between the "Numbskulls" and the "Inners" within our support, this was a nice change to read!

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Login to get fewer ads

Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... on 11:39 - Apr 10 with 2776 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

A bit before Sir Alf's days but my father used to live next door to Jimmy McLuckie.
Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... on 12:29 - Apr 10 with 2714 viewsuefacup81

Wasn't Sir Bobby's place on the junction of Valley Road and Westwood Avenue - the Suffolk Pink mock-Tudor place? I recall my dad telling me about it as we went past many years ago.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... on 12:53 - Apr 10 with 2664 viewsLord_Lucan

Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... on 10:46 - Apr 10 by Bluespeed225

my mate had a flat down the hill from SBR, who could often be seen cleaning his car. TWTD! story has it that Bobby would be on one side of valley Rd, Alf on the Broomhill side with their dogs, no words spoken between them. More from Alfs side i think. SBR offered lady Ramsey 10k for Sir Alfs medical treatment, and asked the FA to match it. Lady Ramsey said they were happy to be on a normal ward in Ipswich hospital and turned it down.

I forget where I saw it or where I read it but recently I (saw or read) SBR saying that SAR used to deliberately cross the road if he saw SBR, for some reason he wanted nothing to do with him. On one occasion as manager SBR offered SAR a lift back to Ipswich and SAR turned his nose up and said he was fine with the train.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... on 12:54 - Apr 10 with 2661 viewsKieran_Knows

Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... on 09:31 - Apr 10 by brazil1982

Consitution Hill is a lovely area, SBR's house was painted pink if i remember correctly.

Pretty sure that is the one.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... on 13:00 - Apr 10 with 2651 viewsitfcjoe

My Mum used to live on Stone Lodge Lane and think a few lived there too, think this was when some where in digs.

Nowadays a lot seem to live in Kesgrave and Grange Farm - although Tommy Smith's place is on Bucklesham Road

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Following on from the Sir Alf Ramsey thread.... on 13:05 - Apr 10 with 2640 viewshype313

Think quite a few lived in Capel St Mary back in the 80's.

I know Paul Cooper did as he lived not far from us at the time, and had a lovely Conservatory built just after the cup final...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024