Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... 09:08 - Apr 9 with 23705 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

.....Israeli state's total lack of respect for borders (whether Palestine, Syria or wherever the f^ck they like)....perhaps they are worried about being called antisemitic but more likely just don't give a toss !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:12 - Apr 9 with 7439 viewshype313

Israelis worried about being called anti semetic?

Do I need a stronger coffee?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:16 - Apr 9 with 7401 viewsfactual_blue

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:12 - Apr 9 by hype313

As the Semitic peoples are all those of the near east who speak a certain group of languages, no.

Hebrew and Arabic are both Semitic languages, those who speak them are Semitic.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:17 - Apr 9 with 7417 viewshype313

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:16 - Apr 9 by factual_blue

As the Semitic peoples are all those of the near east who speak a certain group of languages, no.

Hebrew and Arabic are both Semitic languages, those who speak them are Semitic.

So not a stronger coffee needed, just an education

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:18 - Apr 9 with 7395 viewsfactual_blue

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:17 - Apr 9 by hype313

So not a stronger coffee needed, just an education

It's interesting how the Jewish faith and the state of Israel have appropriated the term, ie made it all about them.

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:38 - Apr 9 with 7397 viewsGuthrum

I agree, the ongoing siege of Gaza is appalling. Netanyahu is a complete ~~~~, his chauvinism is inimical to any good outcome.

But, as usual, it's not an etirely clear-cut situation. Many of Israel's immediate and near neighbours (Iran, Syria, Turkey to an extent) have no regard for her borders, either. At least in terms of rhetoric, sometimes to the extent of supporting incursions.

And there are elements within the Palestinian Territories who insist on mounting attacks against Israel - mostly to prove how radical they are for recruiting and internal political reasons, rather than having any real impact or usefulness.

Israel's violent reaction to the recent largely peaceful border camp protests wil do far more damage to the former than occasional, poorly aimed rockets or rock-throwing mobs.

Unfortunately for the Palestinians, there is a large bloc of pro-Israel supporters in the USA (often millennialist Christian), plus a strong feeling of hostility towards Islam, not just in the West, but also in China, Russia, India and parts of South-East Asia. These provide a strong brake on producing any kind of solution favourable (or at least equitable) to the Palestinian cause.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:41 - Apr 9 with 7384 viewsGuthrum

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:18 - Apr 9 by factual_blue

It's interesting how the Jewish faith and the state of Israel have appropriated the term, ie made it all about them.

To be fair, it was the European Jew-haters of the 19th century who first used the term in that specific context. Picked up most famously by their descendants, the Nazis.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 9:42]

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:43 - Apr 9 with 7375 viewsunbelievablue

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:38 - Apr 9 by Guthrum

I agree, the ongoing siege of Gaza is appalling. Netanyahu is a complete ~~~~, his chauvinism is inimical to any good outcome.

But, as usual, it's not an etirely clear-cut situation. Many of Israel's immediate and near neighbours (Iran, Syria, Turkey to an extent) have no regard for her borders, either. At least in terms of rhetoric, sometimes to the extent of supporting incursions.

And there are elements within the Palestinian Territories who insist on mounting attacks against Israel - mostly to prove how radical they are for recruiting and internal political reasons, rather than having any real impact or usefulness.

Israel's violent reaction to the recent largely peaceful border camp protests wil do far more damage to the former than occasional, poorly aimed rockets or rock-throwing mobs.

Unfortunately for the Palestinians, there is a large bloc of pro-Israel supporters in the USA (often millennialist Christian), plus a strong feeling of hostility towards Islam, not just in the West, but also in China, Russia, India and parts of South-East Asia. These provide a strong brake on producing any kind of solution favourable (or at least equitable) to the Palestinian cause.

I wonder if the dynamic will shift in any meaningful way because of The Donald? Trump mentions wanting to withdraw from Syria, but I question his sincerity.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:49 - Apr 9 with 7357 viewsGuthrum

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:43 - Apr 9 by unbelievablue

I wonder if the dynamic will shift in any meaningful way because of The Donald? Trump mentions wanting to withdraw from Syria, but I question his sincerity.

Not really. Trump is good mates with Netanyahu.

The Israeli PM finally getting banged up for corruption, on the other hand, could result in some kind of shift.

Login to get fewer ads

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:52 - Apr 9 with 7348 viewsunbelievablue

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:49 - Apr 9 by Guthrum

Not really. Trump is good mates with Netanyahu.

The Israeli PM finally getting banged up for corruption, on the other hand, could result in some kind of shift.

Didn't know they were BFFs*

BFFs isn't correct is it? No need for the s. Is there a word for this type of inessential letter on the end of an acronym?

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:59 - Apr 9 with 7336 viewsGuthrum

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:52 - Apr 9 by unbelievablue

Didn't know they were BFFs*

BFFs isn't correct is it? No need for the s. Is there a word for this type of inessential letter on the end of an acronym?

The only thing I know which that stands for is "Big Fat F*cker", the USAF crew nickname for the B-52 bomber.

Edit: I stand corrected - the B-52 is the Big Ugly Fat F*cker. Thus BUFF.

BFF I have no idea.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 10:04]

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 10:05 - Apr 9 with 7314 viewsbrazil1982

How do you feel about Russia's disregard for borders?
Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 10:07 - Apr 9 with 7313 viewsunbelievablue

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:59 - Apr 9 by Guthrum

The only thing I know which that stands for is "Big Fat F*cker", the USAF crew nickname for the B-52 bomber.

Edit: I stand corrected - the B-52 is the Big Ugly Fat F*cker. Thus BUFF.

BFF I have no idea.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 10:04]

Best Friends Forever.

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 10:21 - Apr 9 with 7284 viewsRyorry

Well done on, in your very question, conflating antisemitism with Israeli politics, calling people out unjustifiably, and getting your terminology wrong.

I don't know if you meant me by "and co.", but if so, please get your facts right. I've always (for
a decade or more on here) stood up against both anti-semitism and hard-right Israeli politicians and their illegal activities.

xx

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 10:41 - Apr 9 with 7220 viewsDarth_Koont

Well, that's the line Israeli politicians have to tread these days especially the more liberal, democratic ones who want a peaceful, two-state resolution. For example, it was what the hard-line settlers accused the Israeli government of when they were removed from Gaza and were being threatened to be removed completely from the West Bank even going so far as wearing concentration camp stars.

These religious fundamentalists are now a key part of the coalition government ...

Pronouns: He/Him

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 10:55 - Apr 9 with 7205 viewsjaykay

didnt mean to vote .only went to see who had voted and fat finger pushed up button.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 10:56 - Apr 9 with 7200 viewsHarry_Palmer

The double standards is incredible isn't it, not just from some on here but more importantly from Western government's and media.

At least 18 people were murdered and estimates of between 750 and 1500 injured, all unarmed civilians, many of whom were running away when they were shot. People just need to let that sink in for a minute, If this was a terrorist attack in Europe or the US there would be absolute uproar but because its Israel killing Palestinians, it's ok? I don't think so.

Its beyond disgusting what the Israeli Government gets away with and yet the International community by and large, does nothing. Why? Are they scared of being labelled Anti-Semitic? What about the Palestinians, the other Semitic people of the region?

I note also the latest developments in Syria have been met with outrage ( and rightly so ). Although despite Assad denying responsibility for the chemical attack, the US & UK have already decided he is guilty, with Boris announcing the international community 'must respond' and dear old Trump promising there will be 'a heavy price to pay' for Assad. Why are they not this quick to respond to Israel's attack on innocent civilians which Israel openly admit to? When you start to connect the dots the answers are obvious but then that would be entering conspiracy theory territory wouldn't it and we all know its better to stick to the official narrative however insane it becomes.
Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 11:24 - Apr 9 with 7161 viewsRyorry

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 10:55 - Apr 9 by jaykay

didnt mean to vote .only went to see who had voted and fat finger pushed up button.

You can cancel it out by voting the other way (if doing straight away you need to refresh first).

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 11:26 - Apr 9 with 7152 viewsfactual_blue

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 10:56 - Apr 9 by Harry_Palmer

The double standards is incredible isn't it, not just from some on here but more importantly from Western government's and media.

At least 18 people were murdered and estimates of between 750 and 1500 injured, all unarmed civilians, many of whom were running away when they were shot. People just need to let that sink in for a minute, If this was a terrorist attack in Europe or the US there would be absolute uproar but because its Israel killing Palestinians, it's ok? I don't think so.

Its beyond disgusting what the Israeli Government gets away with and yet the International community by and large, does nothing. Why? Are they scared of being labelled Anti-Semitic? What about the Palestinians, the other Semitic people of the region?

I note also the latest developments in Syria have been met with outrage ( and rightly so ). Although despite Assad denying responsibility for the chemical attack, the US & UK have already decided he is guilty, with Boris announcing the international community 'must respond' and dear old Trump promising there will be 'a heavy price to pay' for Assad. Why are they not this quick to respond to Israel's attack on innocent civilians which Israel openly admit to? When you start to connect the dots the answers are obvious but then that would be entering conspiracy theory territory wouldn't it and we all know its better to stick to the official narrative however insane it becomes.

Israel was founded by terrorism, and continues in the same vein.

When we visited NZ in Feb, our friends were telling us about the Mossad agents killed in the Christchurch earthquake. It was likely they were on an identity theft spree, stealing passports at Christchurch airport.

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 11:26 - Apr 9 with 7154 viewsRyorry

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 10:56 - Apr 9 by Harry_Palmer

"The double standards is incredible isn't it, not just from some on here .."

Who on here has shown double standards? Link pls.

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 11:51 - Apr 9 with 7124 viewsHarry_Palmer

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 11:26 - Apr 9 by Ryorry

"The double standards is incredible isn't it, not just from some on here .."

Who on here has shown double standards? Link pls.

Its what people don't say Ryorry, Look at the 'Oh Jeremy' thread which was 25 + pages and then look at Banksters 'Bloody Israel' thread which was 2 or 3 at best.

Certain posters are quite happy to bleat on forever about alleged Anti Semitism in the labour party but are seemingly not interested in the small matter of Israel murdering civilians.

I wasn't thinking of you when making that comment by the way.
Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 11:51 - Apr 9 with 7125 viewsbrazil1982

Hamas has boasted that several of those killed by the Israeli army were members of Hamas's military wing, Izaddin al Qassam.

Hamas are sending women, the elderly, children, to the border to be killed and disabled. The protesters are also encouraged to try to infiltrate the border, thus putting their lives at risk.
Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 11:57 - Apr 9 with 7109 viewsRyorry

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 11:51 - Apr 9 by Harry_Palmer

Its what people don't say Ryorry, Look at the 'Oh Jeremy' thread which was 25 + pages and then look at Banksters 'Bloody Israel' thread which was 2 or 3 at best.

Certain posters are quite happy to bleat on forever about alleged Anti Semitism in the labour party but are seemingly not interested in the small matter of Israel murdering civilians.

I wasn't thinking of you when making that comment by the way.

But it's the fact that you (& of course the OP) link anti-Semitism & Israel together that's part of the very problem!

Why should anyone condemning anti-Semitism be expected to comment on Israeli politics? They're two different situations. And if, to be blunt, you're referencing GB, I've never seen him comment on any politics outside of the UK (tho I may have missed something of course).

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 11:59 - Apr 9 with 7103 viewsHarry_Palmer

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 11:51 - Apr 9 by brazil1982

Hamas has boasted that several of those killed by the Israeli army were members of Hamas's military wing, Izaddin al Qassam.

Hamas are sending women, the elderly, children, to the border to be killed and disabled. The protesters are also encouraged to try to infiltrate the border, thus putting their lives at risk.

Are you seriously trying to blame Hamas for Israeli soldiers shooting up to a thousand civilians?

There were 60'000 Palestinians at that protest and you think Hamas made them all go? Since when has it been a crime punishable by murder to approach a border and set light to a few tyres.

Do me a favour and stop trying to excuse state terrorism carried out by Israel, because that's exactly what it is.
Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 12:02 - Apr 9 with 7095 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You obviously do need that coffee !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 12:09 - Apr 9 with 7078 viewsHarry_Palmer

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 11:57 - Apr 9 by Ryorry

But it's the fact that you (& of course the OP) link anti-Semitism & Israel together that's part of the very problem!

Why should anyone condemning anti-Semitism be expected to comment on Israeli politics? They're two different situations. And if, to be blunt, you're referencing GB, I've never seen him comment on any politics outside of the UK (tho I may have missed something of course).

With respect we are not talking about Politics, we are talking about Israeli forces murdering civilians on a protest. If this was carried out by ISIS it would be all over the news with the label of terrorism, why is this any different.

Israel being the Jewish state that was founded off the back of the worst anti-Semitic crimes the world has ever seen makes to the two things very much relevant to each other. How can Israel treat another people in this way when their own people were so brutally treated?

How can people who care about anti-Semitism, prejudice, and persecution, not be outraged by the treatment of the Palestinians?
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 12:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024