Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba 14:50 - Apr 7 with 10528 viewsLord_Lucan

We gaze in awe at a tasty elephants foot but what the hell is it?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 14:55 - Apr 7 with 8117 viewsBlueBadger

Bits of lamb. I wouldn't go as far as to say 'lamb's meat'...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 15:12 - Apr 7 with 8075 viewsHennikerBlu

You really don't want to know............

After 7+ pints its better than mums roast of course
I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 15:21 - Apr 7 with 8047 viewsReuser_is_God

I don’t know & hinetky don’t care because they taste blooming superb.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 15:23 - Apr 7 with 8039 viewsKeno

I knew a girl called Donna once

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 15:49 - Apr 7 with 7988 viewsIllinoisblue

it's like knowing what's in corned beef. You don't want to know.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 17:10 - Apr 7 with 7878 viewsGuthrum

I've watched them being made. Minced lamb, mostly. Plus herbs and spices.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 17:11 - Apr 7 with 7872 viewsimsureazzure

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 15:49 - Apr 7 by Illinoisblue

Beef and salt.
I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 17:12 - Apr 7 with 7866 viewsGeoffSentence

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 17:10 - Apr 7 by Guthrum

I've watched them being made. Minced lamb, mostly. Plus herbs and spices.

I have to ask this Guthers, but is there anything you don't know?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 17:16 - Apr 7 with 7851 viewsGuthrum

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 17:12 - Apr 7 by GeoffSentence

I have to ask this Guthers, but is there anything you don't know?

I know nothing about football.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 17:21 - Apr 7 with 7838 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A 'b' !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 17:50 - Apr 7 with 7781 viewsJ2BLUE

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 15:49 - Apr 7 by Illinoisblue

Unless you buy Walmart's basic range surely it's beef and salt?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 18:29 - Apr 7 with 7742 viewsSarge

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 17:50 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

Unless you buy Walmart's basic range surely it's beef and salt?

Corned beef in america I like, in the UK it's grim. I think American corned beef is known as salt beef here and our corned beef is known as bully beef there.
I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 19:24 - Apr 7 with 7676 viewsLord_Lucan

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 18:29 - Apr 7 by Sarge

Corned beef in america I like, in the UK it's grim. I think American corned beef is known as salt beef here and our corned beef is known as bully beef there.

Corned beef is fantastic.

Corned beef hash - with paprika mmmmmmmmmmmmm

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 19:35 - Apr 7 with 7653 viewsHARRY10

"In reality Ingredients of Doner Kebab meat,made from surplus lamb off-cuts, offal, feet, ears, tongues and other unusual parts not found at a high street butcher shop "

There is a bit more, but I will spare the squeamish
I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 19:41 - Apr 7 with 7636 viewsJ2BLUE

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 19:35 - Apr 7 by HARRY10

"In reality Ingredients of Doner Kebab meat,made from surplus lamb off-cuts, offal, feet, ears, tongues and other unusual parts not found at a high street butcher shop "

Eurgh. Not surprised, but eurgh.

Truly impaired.

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 19:59 - Apr 7 with 7610 viewsBackToRussia

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 19:35 - Apr 7 by HARRY10

What's the bit more? What's wrong with offal etc? Waste not, want not.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 20:38 - Apr 7 with 7572 viewsHARRY10

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 19:59 - Apr 7 by BackToRussia

What's the bit more? What's wrong with offal etc? Waste not, want not.

Offal is the internal bits that can be lungs, reproductive organs or even 'skeletal muscles, including blood vessels, nerves and fat tissue.'etc, the other bits are those that might be termed 'extremities' !

We then move on to the other meats, which can be basically anything considered as meta. the question there is who is doing the 'considering'.
Anything that can be added to bulk out this glutinous mass (mess) may well and probably been used, if it is cheaper. Of course all this needs to be held together by some binding agent which I believe is akin to the stuff used in the making of chewing gum

That this thing is heated, reheated and reheated would also suggest some sort of strong anti-biotic is mixed in as well, otherwise it might become bacteria ridden very quickly.

Finally next time have a look at how much 'meat' you have been served with and ask yourself 'how can the produce this when the cost of Lamb is phenomenally high. The above should explain it.

And anyone with a knowledge of meat processing will know that carcasses go in one end and nothing comes out of the other end unless it is part of some 'food' product. It all ends up somewhere (even the sphincter)

Enjoy

the original post was to counter the elusion that it is all lamb, as in what you might expect to find on your plate
I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 20:45 - Apr 7 with 7556 viewsJ2BLUE

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 20:38 - Apr 7 by HARRY10

Offal is the internal bits that can be lungs, reproductive organs or even 'skeletal muscles, including blood vessels, nerves and fat tissue.'etc, the other bits are those that might be termed 'extremities' !

We then move on to the other meats, which can be basically anything considered as meta. the question there is who is doing the 'considering'.
Anything that can be added to bulk out this glutinous mass (mess) may well and probably been used, if it is cheaper. Of course all this needs to be held together by some binding agent which I believe is akin to the stuff used in the making of chewing gum

That this thing is heated, reheated and reheated would also suggest some sort of strong anti-biotic is mixed in as well, otherwise it might become bacteria ridden very quickly.

Finally next time have a look at how much 'meat' you have been served with and ask yourself 'how can the produce this when the cost of Lamb is phenomenally high. The above should explain it.

And anyone with a knowledge of meat processing will know that carcasses go in one end and nothing comes out of the other end unless it is part of some 'food' product. It all ends up somewhere (even the sphincter)

Enjoy

the original post was to counter the elusion that it is all lamb, as in what you might expect to find on your plate

I take it all back Callis, veganism isn't the worst option!

Truly impaired.

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 12:12 - Apr 8 with 7409 viewsHARRY10

For those who may have missed this yesterday

........................... or about to have lunch
I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 12:55 - Apr 8 with 7375 viewsHennikerBlu

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 12:12 - Apr 8 by HARRY10

For those who may have missed this yesterday

........................... or about to have lunch

Thanks for that :)) Right off to Jacks Café.....
I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 12:32 - Apr 9 with 7254 viewsChondzoresk

10 kg ‘elephants foot’ you can get for £16....👍
Big profits in kebabs.
If you like Doner kebab Iceland do sliced doner meat as do Sainsbury’s for about £3 I think. DIY kebab is quite nice.
I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 12:39 - Apr 9 with 7231 viewsclive_baker

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 15:23 - Apr 7 by Keno

I knew a girl called Donna once

Decent kebab?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 12:50 - Apr 9 with 7220 viewsKitman

One lab analysis I read claimed there were some various meats of "unidentifiable origin" other than Seagull. Must have been a Brighton kebab sample they used....?

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 12:58 - Apr 9 with 7203 viewsuefacup81

Lips and sphincters.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

I’m bored. Here’s a thing, does anyone actually know what is in a doner keba on 13:30 - Apr 9 with 7149 viewsbluejake78

I'd be more worried about what is in Richmond's sausages....UK's favourite...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024