Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Beevers 18:37 - Apr 5 with 1313 viewsyungblue

A little bit more digging for shrewd business. Centre back area ccentrainly looks an area the Town need to strengthen in the new window, with a left footed centre back seeming to be the best fit for balance since Smith left. Mark Beevers looks like he could fit the mould.

At 6 ft 4 inch, the former Millwall and Sheffield Wednesday man is set to become a free transfer after not penning a new deal, suspect fully to the fact Bolton are in a relegation scrap.

Having made over a 100 appearances at championship level for Sheffield Wednesday and 100 more between Millwall and Bolton, the experienced man, aged currently 28 could prove to be a good bit of business.

Poll: Who would you rather have as manager of Ipswich next season?

Mark Beevers on 18:48 - Apr 5 with 1282 viewsHarryfromBath

I have copied and pasted Bolton fans comments below from earlier in the season. I think his best days were at Millwall beside Danny Shittu and I don't think he wouldn't be an upgrade or even a replacement for Chambers or Webster. There is tons more material where that came from...

----------------------------------------------------

(January 2018) “Mark Beevers was amazing against Hull, making one heroic block.” The 28-year-old former Millwall centre-half played well against the Tigers but his wider form has been “a shadow of last season” in this campaign. “I’m sick of him looking like a League One clogger and out of his depth every week.”

“Beevers adds experience but he gets caught out by pacier forwards and he loses his man”, “He has made miraculous clearances and goal-line headers, but he goes to ground after being bamboozled by cleverer strikers”, “Can his ‘tackling with the wrong foot’ moments not be coached out of him?”

-------------------------------------------------

(September 2017) “Mark Beevers looked ropey on the left of a three in League One, no surprise he’s struggling there against better, more mobile forwards.” The 27-year-old ex-Millwall defender “looks worryingly out of his depth at this level. He looks very vulnerable to pace out of his strong ground in a back four.”

“Beevers was a revelation last season and even scored some good goals. He has been dreadful this time out”, “He has looked shakier than Dervite, like a rabbit in the headlights in this league”, “His confidence grew with Wheater next to him against the Blades and looked good in the second half.”

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Mark Beevers on 18:54 - Apr 5 with 1264 viewsSpruceMoose

Mark Beevers on 18:48 - Apr 5 by HarryfromBath

I have copied and pasted Bolton fans comments below from earlier in the season. I think his best days were at Millwall beside Danny Shittu and I don't think he wouldn't be an upgrade or even a replacement for Chambers or Webster. There is tons more material where that came from...

----------------------------------------------------

(January 2018) “Mark Beevers was amazing against Hull, making one heroic block.” The 28-year-old former Millwall centre-half played well against the Tigers but his wider form has been “a shadow of last season” in this campaign. “I’m sick of him looking like a League One clogger and out of his depth every week.”

“Beevers adds experience but he gets caught out by pacier forwards and he loses his man”, “He has made miraculous clearances and goal-line headers, but he goes to ground after being bamboozled by cleverer strikers”, “Can his ‘tackling with the wrong foot’ moments not be coached out of him?”

-------------------------------------------------

(September 2017) “Mark Beevers looked ropey on the left of a three in League One, no surprise he’s struggling there against better, more mobile forwards.” The 27-year-old ex-Millwall defender “looks worryingly out of his depth at this level. He looks very vulnerable to pace out of his strong ground in a back four.”

“Beevers was a revelation last season and even scored some good goals. He has been dreadful this time out”, “He has looked shakier than Dervite, like a rabbit in the headlights in this league”, “His confidence grew with Wheater next to him against the Blades and looked good in the second half.”

Harry, when are you going to accept that role with the club? We need you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024