Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Agents' Fees 12:25 - Apr 5 with 1363 viewsuefacup81

How the heck haven't external payments been outlawed yet?

Surely it just amounts to bribery? "Pay me £x million or I'll tell my client not to sign for you".

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Agents' Fees on 12:28 - Apr 5 with 1353 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Its a 'professional fee', and its OK for an agent to act in what he believes is his clients best interests.

However;

Why football clubs end up paying a fee to an agent who is acting for a player is beyond me, and is a complete conflict of interest that should not be allowed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Agents' Fees on 12:30 - Apr 5 with 1347 viewsuefacup81

Agents' Fees on 12:28 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Its a 'professional fee', and its OK for an agent to act in what he believes is his clients best interests.

However;

Why football clubs end up paying a fee to an agent who is acting for a player is beyond me, and is a complete conflict of interest that should not be allowed.

Am I right in understanding that the Lukaku deal only happened because Man Utd were willing to pay the agent more, and Lukaku would have preferred Chelsea otherwise?

If so, that certainly sounds like a bung to me.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Agents' Fees on 12:33 - Apr 5 with 1346 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Agents' Fees on 12:30 - Apr 5 by uefacup81

Am I right in understanding that the Lukaku deal only happened because Man Utd were willing to pay the agent more, and Lukaku would have preferred Chelsea otherwise?

Thats the other thing that really p1sses me off. How can an agent control where the player goes?

The player (allegedly) has his own brain and can make his own choices, he can instruct his agent accordingly.

If a players move is dictated by his agent, then thats because the player is weak and thick as pig sh1t.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Agents' Fees on 12:44 - Apr 5 with 1322 viewsBOjK

Agents' Fees on 12:28 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

However;

I guess it is no different to recruitment agencies who charge large figures for putting employees and employers together and charging the employer.

As you've suggested in a separate post what is different is that in football agents often guide their clients as to where sign. How much control agents really have isn't clear to me.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Agents' Fees on 12:45 - Apr 5 with 1320 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Agents' Fees on 12:44 - Apr 5 by BOjK

I guess it is no different to recruitment agencies who charge large figures for putting employees and employers together and charging the employer.

As you've suggested in a separate post what is different is that in football agents often guide their clients as to where sign. How much control agents really have isn't clear to me.

But those re-cruitment agents wont be getting remunerated by both parties.

Agents' Fees on 12:50 - Apr 5 with 1314 viewsBasuco

It is a shame that fees paid to an agents parent company are not included as agents fees otherwise the amount would be much higher.
Agents' Fees on 12:52 - Apr 5 with 1308 viewsBasuco

Agents' Fees on 12:30 - Apr 5 by uefacup81

I would not be surprised if part of the agents fee is passed to the player as well.
Agents' Fees on 13:05 - Apr 5 with 1289 viewsBasuco

Agents' Fees on 12:33 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Thats the other thing that really p1sses me off. How can an agent control where the player goes?

The player (allegedly) has his own brain and can make his own choices, he can instruct his agent accordingly.

If a players move is dictated by his agent, then thats because the player is weak and thick as pig sh1t.

Agents have all the power in football these days, as an agent from Stellar boasted to a bloke I used to work with, who spoke with them as they pushed for his son to sign for them.
Login to get fewer ads

Agents' Fees on 13:12 - Apr 5 with 1276 viewsNo9

Agents' Fees on 12:45 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

But those re-cruitment agents wont be getting remunerated by both parties.

Don't be too sure about that.
Agents' Fees on 14:00 - Apr 5 with 1241 viewsCurrie10

Agents' Fees on 13:05 - Apr 5 by Basuco

Agents have all the power in football these days, as an agent from Stellar boasted to a bloke I used to work with, who spoke with them as they pushed for his son to sign for them.

No - clubs collectively have the power however are happy getting their pants pulled down by agents and players time / time and time again.

Clubs are happy to risk their entire future.

Clubs never learn.

Players who stay - the likes of Bogarde for instance when Chelsea didn't want him - are ridiculed and called names.

The people who run clubs are generally incredibly thick.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024