Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When ME sacked Jim 06:21 - Apr 1 with 9412 viewsStevieWhitton

When ME sacked Jim, and appointed Keane, he said he did it to allow the new Manager to have the last few games of that season to allow him to have a look at the squad.

Forward a few years and now it's the complete opposite. How is MM staying benefiting us at all? It wouldn't matter who was in charge of the 1st team. We can't go up or down.

As usual with the Club, just trundling along.
When ME sacked Jim on 06:29 - Apr 1 with 8106 viewsBenters2

It’s clear as day Mick Mac doesn’t want to be here now,like I said in my thread it’s not helping anyone him hanging around.
There are still 7 games to go,if they are all played in the same manner as yesterday’s game this isn’t doing anybody any favours!
For fks sake Mick Mac either go,or give the fans some bloody enjoyment out of the last 7 games !
Is that really too much to ask?
When ME sacked Jim on 06:34 - Apr 1 with 8093 viewsStevieWhitton

When ME sacked Jim on 06:29 - Apr 1 by Benters2

It’s clear as day Mick Mac doesn’t want to be here now,like I said in my thread it’s not helping anyone him hanging around.
There are still 7 games to go,if they are all played in the same manner as yesterday’s game this isn’t doing anybody any favours!
For fks sake Mick Mac either go,or give the fans some bloody enjoyment out of the last 7 games !
Is that really too much to ask?

However, if Mowbray or Cowley are the 2 preferred targets, I guess that can't be done till after the season has ended.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 6:43]
When ME sacked Jim on 06:43 - Apr 1 with 8061 viewsBenters2

When ME sacked Jim on 06:34 - Apr 1 by StevieWhitton

However, if Mowbray or Cowley are the 2 preferred targets, I guess that can't be done till after the season has ended.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 6:43]

Get someone to take charge for the last 7 games.
When ME sacked Jim on 08:29 - Apr 1 with 7856 viewsTractorWood

When ME sacked Jim on 06:43 - Apr 1 by Benters2

Anyone. Just anyone to resolve this madness.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 8:30]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

When ME sacked Jim on 08:32 - Apr 1 with 7834 viewssolemio

When ME sacked Jim on 08:29 - Apr 1 by TractorWood

Sorry, I'm a bit busy at the moment.
When ME sacked Jim on 08:33 - Apr 1 with 7824 viewsuefacup81

When ME sacked Jim on 06:43 - Apr 1 by Benters2

Then you'd have the exact same situation with someone who isn't Mick.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

When ME sacked Jim on 08:36 - Apr 1 with 7805 viewsHerbivore

He clearly had Keane in his sights to come in. If we had that now Mick would be gone so it's either a case that we're after someone in work already or ME needs to take time to make the right appointment. Our season is over, I don't know why so many are still getting their knickers in a twist over MM. He's going, just ride out the next 5 weeks.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

When ME sacked Jim on 08:43 - Apr 1 with 7769 viewstrncbluearmy

When ME sacked Jim on 08:36 - Apr 1 by Herbivore

He clearly had Keane in his sights to come in. If we had that now Mick would be gone so it's either a case that we're after someone in work already or ME needs to take time to make the right appointment. Our season is over, I don't know why so many are still getting their knickers in a twist over MM. He's going, just ride out the next 5 weeks.

Because the season tickets are reduced
Because he has been sacked
Because there are so many people anti MM and ME they will not come/renew until at least one of them is out of the door
and most importantly there is an opportunity to see if any of the current staff can step up

Nothing good comes from him staying but there are positives if he goes
Login to get fewer ads

When ME sacked Jim on 08:47 - Apr 1 with 7747 viewsJeff_winger

When ME sacked Jim on 08:29 - Apr 1 by TractorWood

Geraint Williams would and should be the man
When ME sacked Jim on 08:48 - Apr 1 with 7737 viewsHerbivore

When ME sacked Jim on 08:43 - Apr 1 by trncbluearmy

Because the season tickets are reduced
Because he has been sacked
Because there are so many people anti MM and ME they will not come/renew until at least one of them is out of the door
and most importantly there is an opportunity to see if any of the current staff can step up

Nothing good comes from him staying but there are positives if he goes

I don't understand what you're saying. Mick is going, it's confirmed. I doubt there is anyone who is not going to buy a season ticket purely because he's going in 5 weeks and not now. We need someone in charge until a new man comes in, the season is over, it really doesn't matter who is in charge between now and the end of the season. There's no chance anyone currently at the club will be a candidate for the manager's job either.

When ME sacked Jim on 09:16 - Apr 1 with 7637 viewsMVBlue

When ME sacked Jim on 08:48 - Apr 1 by Herbivore

I don't understand what you're saying. Mick is going, it's confirmed. I doubt there is anyone who is not going to buy a season ticket purely because he's going in 5 weeks and not now. We need someone in charge until a new man comes in, the season is over, it really doesn't matter who is in charge between now and the end of the season. There's no chance anyone currently at the club will be a candidate for the manager's job either.

Beacuse Klug could bring in some freshness and youths to gain experience rather than grumd down the players and supporters with a manager who clearly feels 'strange' and is not going ti change his approach and has fallen out with a large selection of the fan base.

It is a bit mad reallty.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

When ME sacked Jim on 09:24 - Apr 1 with 7613 viewschristiand

When ME sacked Jim on 08:48 - Apr 1 by Herbivore

Still a ridiculous situation to have MM in charge until the end of the season once the decision had been made about his future here. Evans actually needs to show some proper leadership instead of this 'weak and feeble' effort which the club now finds itself it's quite embarrassing really. Honestly, how could either of them believe this was the right solution? Evans should have have cut his losses with MM and shown some b*llocks for once. Yet another poor decision which shows he is an inept leader and is out of his depth as a club owner.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

When ME sacked Jim on 09:29 - Apr 1 with 7586 viewspoppiesman

Using Roy Keane as a template on how to do things, isn't the brightest idea.
When ME sacked Jim on 09:49 - Apr 1 with 7527 viewsHerbivore

When ME sacked Jim on 09:24 - Apr 1 by christiand

Still a ridiculous situation to have MM in charge until the end of the season once the decision had been made about his future here. Evans actually needs to show some proper leadership instead of this 'weak and feeble' effort which the club now finds itself it's quite embarrassing really. Honestly, how could either of them believe this was the right solution? Evans should have have cut his losses with MM and shown some b*llocks for once. Yet another poor decision which shows he is an inept leader and is out of his depth as a club owner.

It's not a unique situation, Warburton stayed at Brentford despite them agreeing he'd leave at the end of the season. Sure it's happened with Allardyce before. Mick's contract is up and it's not being renewed, we don't have a new manager lined up yet so let him see out his contract until we do get someone in. There's no point in getting rid and asking one of the other coaches to step in, it achieves nothing.

When ME sacked Jim on 09:52 - Apr 1 with 7513 viewsHerbivore

When ME sacked Jim on 09:16 - Apr 1 by MVBlue

Beacuse Klug could bring in some freshness and youths to gain experience rather than grumd down the players and supporters with a manager who clearly feels 'strange' and is not going ti change his approach and has fallen out with a large selection of the fan base.

It is a bit mad reallty.

You're assuming Klug would want to take charge. Most of the youths that are ready have been in the squad this season anyway, not sure now is the time to throw in a load of 17 year olds and hope for the best. People wanted Mick to go and now it's been announced they're still finding stuff to complain about.

When ME sacked Jim on 09:54 - Apr 1 with 7499 viewswkj

For better for worse ME does seem to be changing what he does quite often suggesting he is learning, maybe he has adapted his way of thinking on this too

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

When ME sacked Jim on 10:13 - Apr 1 with 7435 viewsHipsterectomy

When ME sacked Jim on 09:54 - Apr 1 by wkj

For better for worse ME does seem to be changing what he does quite often suggesting he is learning, maybe he has adapted his way of thinking on this too

We have some very capable coaches here who could step in, with the added bonus of no relegation battle. I'm sure that even Burley would step in to the end of the season if he was asked to.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

When ME sacked Jim on 13:12 - Apr 1 with 7260 viewsHerbivore

When ME sacked Jim on 10:13 - Apr 1 by Hipsterectomy

We have some very capable coaches here who could step in, with the added bonus of no relegation battle. I'm sure that even Burley would step in to the end of the season if he was asked to.

Genuinely though, what would be the point of bringing Burley in for 7 games?

When ME sacked Jim on 13:58 - Apr 1 with 7186 viewschicoazul

Probably because MEG either can't afford to pay him up and send him on his way or can't be bothered. It's a ridiculous situation. He doesnt want to be here, the Owner doesnt want him to be here, and yet here he is.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

When ME sacked Jim on 14:04 - Apr 1 with 7163 viewschicoazul

When ME sacked Jim on 10:13 - Apr 1 by Hipsterectomy

There is absolutely no point at all in that suggestion.

As with so many many things at Ipswich things simply are as they are because nobody at the top cares enough to come up with a solution to what is a ridiculous intractable but not insoluble situation.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

When ME sacked Jim on 14:57 - Apr 1 with 7084 viewslongtimefan

He’s still here because ME didn’t want him to go but sees it purely as a financial necessity for next season.
When ME sacked Jim on 15:43 - Apr 1 with 7014 viewsHARRY10

ME " So we can allow Mr McCarthy to leave immediately and let one of those others we are paying do the managing ?"

IM "Yes, but if one of the coaching staff step up we will have to increase his pay...which means more money"

ME " Hello, is that Mr McCarthy .... errr. a slight change, we will now require you to continue in your job as manager until your contract ends"
When ME sacked Jim on 19:40 - Apr 1 with 6861 viewschristiand

When ME sacked Jim on 09:49 - Apr 1 by Herbivore

It's not a unique situation, Warburton stayed at Brentford despite them agreeing he'd leave at the end of the season. Sure it's happened with Allardyce before. Mick's contract is up and it's not being renewed, we don't have a new manager lined up yet so let him see out his contract until we do get someone in. There's no point in getting rid and asking one of the other coaches to step in, it achieves nothing.

Although other teams have made a similar managerial move, it doesn't make it right. Put MM on gardening leave and pay him until his contract is up to show your loyalty ME, then cover his absence internally until the official replacement is named. As you rightly say Herbivore it is only 7 games, but it could be 7 games for someone else to breathe a little life back into this club rather than drifting aimlessly towards the end of the season under MM. I'd be amazed if we get another win this season everything about the club is flat and lacks direction.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 19:42]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

When ME sacked Jim on 19:57 - Apr 1 with 6811 viewsRoyKeanesDog

When ME sacked Jim on 09:29 - Apr 1 by poppiesman

Using Roy Keane as a template on how to do things, isn't the brightest idea.

Except dog walking!

Poll: Best Football Song

When ME sacked Jim on 22:21 - Apr 1 with 6684 viewsHerbivore

When ME sacked Jim on 19:40 - Apr 1 by christiand

Although other teams have made a similar managerial move, it doesn't make it right. Put MM on gardening leave and pay him until his contract is up to show your loyalty ME, then cover his absence internally until the official replacement is named. As you rightly say Herbivore it is only 7 games, but it could be 7 games for someone else to breathe a little life back into this club rather than drifting aimlessly towards the end of the season under MM. I'd be amazed if we get another win this season everything about the club is flat and lacks direction.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 19:42]

We'll win tomorrow now, just wait.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024