Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well here's a thing 17:40 - Mar 19 with 1924 viewsGeoffSentence

BBC have published a report on the youngest and oldest cities in the UK

Ipswich is (provided I counted right) about in the middle 29th out of 64 with an average age of 38.6.

Surprisingly given the big student population in the UEA, our friends from North of the border are a bunch of old feckers, with an average age of 40.7 and they only just avoid the ignominy of being one of the 10 oldest cities in the UK, being 11th

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43316697

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Well here's a thing on 19:36 - Mar 19 with 1776 viewsfactual_blue

When did Ipswich become a city?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Well here's a thing on 19:39 - Mar 19 with 1770 viewsGeoffSentence

Well here's a thing on 19:36 - Mar 19 by factual_blue

When did Ipswich become a city?

If you read it you will see that they use the term city to mean any built up urban area with a population of more than 135,000

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Well here's a thing on 23:36 - Mar 19 with 1650 viewsBinner

Why is it ignominious to be an 'old' city?

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Well here's a thing on 06:50 - Mar 20 with 1547 viewsCURRYPECKAH

No Cathedral, still a sh<< town, crap shopping, knife crime in abundance, drug life, 3 trophies in our cabinet like Huddersfield and probably Sunderland and Wigan, and Accrington Stanley to come.... so many years ago it doesn't matter, hence the necessity to remind ourselves and the players week in week out for 36 years with extra embroidery on the shirts....it's time to look up towards our 6 fingered brethren and make some drastic action by changing the whole club/admin/footy staff and be realistic with our expectation management.... don't blame Mick - look at why ME became involved.
Well here's a thing on 06:58 - Mar 20 with 1535 viewsBenters2

Well here's a thing on 06:50 - Mar 20 by CURRYPECKAH

No Cathedral, still a sh<< town, crap shopping, knife crime in abundance, drug life, 3 trophies in our cabinet like Huddersfield and probably Sunderland and Wigan, and Accrington Stanley to come.... so many years ago it doesn't matter, hence the necessity to remind ourselves and the players week in week out for 36 years with extra embroidery on the shirts....it's time to look up towards our 6 fingered brethren and make some drastic action by changing the whole club/admin/footy staff and be realistic with our expectation management.... don't blame Mick - look at why ME became involved.

I was enjoying that until the last line.
Well here's a thing on 07:03 - Mar 20 with 1530 viewsCURRYPECKAH

Well here's a thing on 06:58 - Mar 20 by Benters2

I was enjoying that until the last line.

Benters - give all of us a clue, which bit - the E surname or the M one?
Well here's a thing on 07:10 - Mar 20 with 1509 viewsBenters2

Well here's a thing on 07:03 - Mar 20 by CURRYPECKAH

Benters - give all of us a clue, which bit - the E surname or the M one?

Mick Mac sets the team up to play.

Balls.
Well here's a thing on 07:28 - Mar 20 with 1481 viewsCURRYPECKAH

Well here's a thing on 07:10 - Mar 20 by Benters2

Mick Mac sets the team up to play.

Balls.

...being "around the block" a few times with this football club; nearly 5 decades a season ticket holder and a very irregular poster- I don't think the problem is with Mick - he's done a great job with limited resources - remember a few years ago when ME came along and disintegrated the Suffolk Cobbold heritage- (I am a neighbour of Phil C), regardless of all the money / wads flashing to our neighbours- where have we gone? We all laugh at their "open top bus parades" but they are now way ahead of us, not in the immediate league placing's, but foundations for the future, I've not renewed, and I will be watching local competitive football in this county and across the border until I see some proper direction at Ownership/Club Management level regardless who "manages" the team/squad.
Login to get fewer ads

on 07:45 - Mar 20 with 1455 views_

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024