Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Town win today at Bristol City... 15:48 - Mar 17 with 4415 viewsSuperfrans

...it will be further evidence that the negative atmosphere at Portman Road is contributing to our recent poor performances there - and that the boo-boys should stop moaning and start supporting.

Discuss...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 15:51 - Mar 17 with 4390 viewsWickets

Or maybe he's playing the first team!
If Town win today at Bristol City... on 15:51 - Mar 17 with 4389 viewsm14_blue

Or that our relatively defensive set up, usually looking to contain first and foremost, is more suited to away games?

I think the bad performances came before the bad atmosphere although now it's something of a vicious cycle and I agree the atmosphere at the moment can't help.
If Town win today at Bristol City... on 15:56 - Mar 17 with 4346 viewsOldsmoker

Spporters always support the team through thick and thin..
Customers are the ones doing the booing because they don't like the product.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 15:56 - Mar 17 with 4343 viewsTheBlueBarca

Equally if we don't win, will that be further evidence that the manager is not longer up to the job and thats what is contributing to our performances and that the Mick inners should stop moaning at other fans?

Point to note, Millwall with an infinitely worse budget than Mick are now pulling ahead of us in the league, as are Preston.

It's the fans fault though.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:02 - Mar 17 with 4291 viewstiptreeblue

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 15:56 - Mar 17 by TheBlueBarca

Equally if we don't win, will that be further evidence that the manager is not longer up to the job and thats what is contributing to our performances and that the Mick inners should stop moaning at other fans?

Point to note, Millwall with an infinitely worse budget than Mick are now pulling ahead of us in the league, as are Preston.

It's the fans fault though.

Of course not, it will still be the supporters fault silly. Do you not realize that MM can`t do anything wrong? according to some on here
If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:05 - Mar 17 with 4282 viewsbazza

Pretty sure we’ve tried the “get behind the team” angle at some point over the last 5 years of hoof ball.
If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:05 - Mar 17 with 4281 viewsstrikalite

It's a little different going away from home setting up behind the ball and being hard to break down, hoping for two players to pinch something, you have to come out and play on your own muck heap though, fans demand that at least, all fans want to see their side take the game to the opposition at home, we're no different..
If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:09 - Mar 17 with 4242 viewsBiGDonnie

38% possession so far. Typical mick display. Sh/t.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:17 - Mar 17 with 4216 viewswitchdoctor

😂😂😂😂😂 @ op
[Post edited 17 Mar 2018 16:18]
If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:19 - Mar 17 with 4197 viewstextbackup

incorrect.

and whilst on the subject why do the boys not booing ever try to drown out the boos with pro mick chants?

discuss

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:20 - Mar 17 with 4191 viewsbraveblue

Think playing 8 at the back with Sears up front is a factor. And one goal in 8 games. No excuse for it.
If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:22 - Mar 17 with 4184 viewsTractorWood

It's not the fans fault we haven't scored in 5 home games straight. These are the same fans (or what's left of them) who've been coming for decades. I think people are getting a bit carried away that our away form is better than our home form.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:30 - Mar 17 with 4138 viewsTractorWood

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:22 - Mar 17 by TractorWood

It's not the fans fault we haven't scored in 5 home games straight. These are the same fans (or what's left of them) who've been coming for decades. I think people are getting a bit carried away that our away form is better than our home form.

1-0 down to further undermine this nonsensical OP.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2018 16:31]

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:30 - Mar 17 with 4135 viewsSuperfrans

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:20 - Mar 17 by braveblue

Think playing 8 at the back with Sears up front is a factor. And one goal in 8 games. No excuse for it.

When have we played 8 at the back? I must have missed that.

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:34 - Mar 17 with 4096 viewsSuperfrans

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:19 - Mar 17 by textbackup

incorrect.

and whilst on the subject why do the boys not booing ever try to drown out the boos with pro mick chants?

discuss

You fall into the same trap that lots of the anti-Mick brigade do.

Not booing isn't a sign that someone thinks everything is great. It means they don't think booing is a reaction which achieves anything, apart from make it harder for the players. And the vast majority of people don't go to matches to make it harder for the players.

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:34 - Mar 17 with 4093 viewsTrequartista

utter rubbish

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:36 - Mar 17 with 4076 viewsSuperfrans

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:30 - Mar 17 by TractorWood

1-0 down to further undermine this nonsensical OP.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2018 16:31]

Its nonsensical to raise a point and then ask the TWTD massive to discuss it? Thats an odd attitude.

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:37 - Mar 17 with 4056 viewssundaze

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 15:56 - Mar 17 by Oldsmoker

Spporters always support the team through thick and thin..
Customers are the ones doing the booing because they don't like the product.

If they were customers, they should be too busy asking for a refund for not getting value for money, instead of doing the booing.
Anyone brave enough, or foolish enough to keep attending a fixture at Portman Road lately deserve congratulations. I hate this question of fans, supporters, or customers, If you pay the money and hope to see Town play attacking football, score a goal once a month at home and hope for a win, then we are all the same.
If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:52 - Mar 17 with 3995 viewsTractorWood

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:36 - Mar 17 by Superfrans

Its nonsensical to raise a point and then ask the TWTD massive to discuss it? Thats an odd attitude.

You have raised a point but it's semantically loaded. For example you've said 'is it further evidence', what is your initial evidence? Our form is currently better away from home, so what? Every team has different form and results. Or our manager who has a history of deflecting blame to anyone, who is almost certainly leaving and looking to protect his own goodwill has insinuated it? To imply Portman Road it's some kind of Roman amphitheatre of disapproval is just the kind of baseless rhetoric that is stopping us progressing.

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:55 - Mar 17 with 3981 viewsSuperfrans

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:52 - Mar 17 by TractorWood

You have raised a point but it's semantically loaded. For example you've said 'is it further evidence', what is your initial evidence? Our form is currently better away from home, so what? Every team has different form and results. Or our manager who has a history of deflecting blame to anyone, who is almost certainly leaving and looking to protect his own goodwill has insinuated it? To imply Portman Road it's some kind of Roman amphitheatre of disapproval is just the kind of baseless rhetoric that is stopping us progressing.

You've inferred a lot from my post which isn't there, and which suggests you're much more entrenched in your views, I'm afraid. You don't even know what my opinion is.

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 17:07 - Mar 17 with 3919 viewsTheBlueBarca

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:55 - Mar 17 by Superfrans

You've inferred a lot from my post which isn't there, and which suggests you're much more entrenched in your views, I'm afraid. You don't even know what my opinion is.

All this aside, will the inners now accept that he should do the honest thing and stand down to let someone start the much needed work building for next season or will he put his bank balance first instead?

We know Evans will.

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 17:11 - Mar 17 with 3888 viewsTractorWood

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 16:55 - Mar 17 by Superfrans

Well, you've said further evidence, what is your initial evidence?

My views are that Mick's done a good job here and deserves praise for the budgetary constraints he's worked with. However, he's needlessly and the last few weeks, proactively attempted to divide not only our fan base but our playing staff from our fans. At this point it's untenable.

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 17:24 - Mar 17 with 3856 viewsTaricco_Fan

Any luck?
If Town win today at Bristol City... on 17:32 - Mar 17 with 3820 viewsTheBlueBarca

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 17:11 - Mar 17 by TractorWood

Well, you've said further evidence, what is your initial evidence?

My views are that Mick's done a good job here and deserves praise for the budgetary constraints he's worked with. However, he's needlessly and the last few weeks, proactively attempted to divide not only our fan base but our playing staff from our fans. At this point it's untenable.

The Toxic Atmosphere narrative started last season while we were nearly being relegated after Evans sold more of the silverware while spending as little as possible on the team itself.

If Town win today at Bristol City... on 19:03 - Mar 17 with 3737 viewsVaughan8

Hope you weren't predicting things before a ball was kicked......?

What's the outcome now? We just aren't very good and our record against teams higher than us is quite frankly pathetic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024