Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Fancy a flutter..." on the face of it sounds like 00:10 - Feb 24 with 1424 viewsMeadowlark

a very innocent request doesn't it?
"Fancy a flutter..." on the face of it sounds like on 08:18 - Feb 24 with 1337 viewsWeekender

Isn’t it?

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

"Fancy a flutter..." on the face of it sounds like on 09:03 - Feb 24 with 1297 viewsHurleyBurley

It's not an innocent request at all. It's an offer.

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

(No subject) on 10:06 - Feb 24 with 1242 viewsconnorscontract

Meadowlark's short story "Flutter" starts intriguingly, and grips you from the first sentence. It is a work that raises many more questions than it answers, and not just the enigmatic, directly posed query about fancying a flutter. Who is asking? Who are they asking? What are they fluttering on? Did they win? Were there repurcussions?

Whilst some have criticised the lack of BAME characters in the work, others have countered that it is in the vanguard of a new body of qu33r friendly literature, assigning no gender to the main character, or, indeed, any other protagonist.

A confident piece of writing, which buries hidden depths in an ultra-economic prose style.

Four and a half stars.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 10:08]
"Fancy a flutter..." on the face of it sounds like on 10:07 - Feb 24 with 1239 viewsJ2BLUE

What's wrong with it? It's hardly front and centre on the homepage.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

(No subject) on 14:40 - Feb 24 with 1164 viewsMeadowlark

(No subject) on 10:06 - Feb 24 by connorscontract

Meadowlark's short story "Flutter" starts intriguingly, and grips you from the first sentence. It is a work that raises many more questions than it answers, and not just the enigmatic, directly posed query about fancying a flutter. Who is asking? Who are they asking? What are they fluttering on? Did they win? Were there repurcussions?

Whilst some have criticised the lack of BAME characters in the work, others have countered that it is in the vanguard of a new body of qu33r friendly literature, assigning no gender to the main character, or, indeed, any other protagonist.

A confident piece of writing, which buries hidden depths in an ultra-economic prose style.

Four and a half stars.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 10:08]

I am sorry to have to admit that in reality it was ghost written and that therefore I cannot accept any credit for the piece's originality nor for the lively narrative or for the believable nature of the diverse range of characters.
In view of this, I must offer my sincere apologies to anyone who viewed this as an authentic tale and regretfully announce that in future I shall only produce work that can be genuinely attributed to my own hand.
To CC who took the trouble to read and review the work I offer my sincerest apologies and trust that this news does not cause any regret or ill feeling.
(No subject) on 16:04 - Feb 24 with 1125 viewsconnorscontract

(No subject) on 14:40 - Feb 24 by Meadowlark

I am sorry to have to admit that in reality it was ghost written and that therefore I cannot accept any credit for the piece's originality nor for the lively narrative or for the believable nature of the diverse range of characters.
In view of this, I must offer my sincere apologies to anyone who viewed this as an authentic tale and regretfully announce that in future I shall only produce work that can be genuinely attributed to my own hand.
To CC who took the trouble to read and review the work I offer my sincerest apologies and trust that this news does not cause any regret or ill feeling.

Are you Guillermo Del Toro?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/feb/21/shape-water-playwright-lawsuit-guil
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024