Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? 11:21 - Feb 23 with 9133 viewsPhilTWTD

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 17:24 - Feb 23 with 2430 viewsJ2BLUE

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 16:35 - Feb 23 by Benters2

Why?

I expected 60-40 with a much smaller sample. 73-27 with this many votes is a real eye opener.

If the Star are running one with similar numbers then it's hard to see how he can stay. At least in theory. In reality Evans will keep him and won't consider the fans at all. I fear for the club if he stays. It could become toxic very quickly next season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 17:36 - Feb 23 with 2409 viewsBackToRussia

Good stuff.

Can we do one for Marcus Evans now?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 17:50 - Feb 23 with 2399 viewsBenters2

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 17:07 - Feb 23 by Bluefish

Hard to tell our fans and budgies apart, they even chant songs together these days at derby game

Please do not report this post as abuse* 

Didnt happen.
Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 17:52 - Feb 23 with 2395 viewsBenters2

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 17:24 - Feb 23 by J2BLUE

I expected 60-40 with a much smaller sample. 73-27 with this many votes is a real eye opener.

If the Star are running one with similar numbers then it's hard to see how he can stay. At least in theory. In reality Evans will keep him and won't consider the fans at all. I fear for the club if he stays. It could become toxic very quickly next season.

I think it could turn toxic quicker than that to be honest.
Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 18:31 - Feb 23 with 2345 viewsBluefish

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 17:50 - Feb 23 by Benters2

Didnt happen.

Yes it did, singing in unison

Please do not report this post as abuse*

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 19:05 - Feb 23 with 2324 viewsgiant_stow

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 17:07 - Feb 23 by textbackup

They want him to stay here due to the atmosphere at club getting worse. Like we want them to keep sht managers their fans dislike

Bollox! If He stays, you stay up next year - boo!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 19:09 - Feb 23 with 2306 viewsSpruceMoose

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 19:05 - Feb 23 by giant_stow

Bollox! If He stays, you stay up next year - boo!

What's all this 'you' talk. You're one of us now. Stop fighting it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 19:15 - Feb 23 with 2308 viewsgiant_stow

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 19:09 - Feb 23 by SpruceMoose

What's all this 'you' talk. You're one of us now. Stop fighting it.

You online bully u! Roll on 'arry.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 19:31 - Feb 23 with 2284 viewsSpruceMoose

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 19:15 - Feb 23 by giant_stow

You online bully u! Roll on 'arry.

I'm getting you a home shirt for next season. Wear the stars with pride brother!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 19:41 - Feb 23 with 2287 viewsStowTractorBoy

I firmly believe Marcus Evans/MM will take up the option of him staying here at Ipswich Town. Playing devils advocate, at least we won't get relegated which could happen if we make a bad appointment such as Tisdale and the like which has laughingly has been suggested on here. The one thing if nothing else is that what MM has achieved is a fantastic team spirit so one has to consider how a change will affect the players who he signed and that is most of them now. Add this to the rising talent we have coming through the ranks I believe continuity will be a good thing for the players if not the fans. You only have to go up to the training ground to witness the mood in the Club which is nothing short of positive. As for the owner - would anyone want to plough in £6 million a season with dwindling attendances. I have to say the Club got season ticket prices drastically wrong last season and is something that Evans must repair next season. Why not try the Bradford City option by offering cheap tickets - it has certainly paid off for them. One thing is for certain the speculation of the future of MM is not helping the morale of anyone connected with the Club so we need to know one way or the other as soon as possible. Whatever happens and whoever is the Manager and owner I will always go to watch and support my Club and it is a pity so many on here apparently have the opposite view. Good luck tomorrow Town and us fans travelling to Preston.
Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 19:51 - Feb 23 with 2275 viewscarlisleaway

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 19:41 - Feb 23 by StowTractorBoy

I firmly believe Marcus Evans/MM will take up the option of him staying here at Ipswich Town. Playing devils advocate, at least we won't get relegated which could happen if we make a bad appointment such as Tisdale and the like which has laughingly has been suggested on here. The one thing if nothing else is that what MM has achieved is a fantastic team spirit so one has to consider how a change will affect the players who he signed and that is most of them now. Add this to the rising talent we have coming through the ranks I believe continuity will be a good thing for the players if not the fans. You only have to go up to the training ground to witness the mood in the Club which is nothing short of positive. As for the owner - would anyone want to plough in £6 million a season with dwindling attendances. I have to say the Club got season ticket prices drastically wrong last season and is something that Evans must repair next season. Why not try the Bradford City option by offering cheap tickets - it has certainly paid off for them. One thing is for certain the speculation of the future of MM is not helping the morale of anyone connected with the Club so we need to know one way or the other as soon as possible. Whatever happens and whoever is the Manager and owner I will always go to watch and support my Club and it is a pity so many on here apparently have the opposite view. Good luck tomorrow Town and us fans travelling to Preston.

The problem is STB you do not win matches on team spirit if you have a defensive minded manager who will drag down what offensive young players we have coming through to end up defensive midfield players. We are in a serious position and action has to be taken now.
Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 19:52 - Feb 23 with 2263 viewsSpruceMoose

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 19:51 - Feb 23 by carlisleaway

The problem is STB you do not win matches on team spirit if you have a defensive minded manager who will drag down what offensive young players we have coming through to end up defensive midfield players. We are in a serious position and action has to be taken now.

To be fair, which offensive young players are you referencing ? The ones that come to mind haven't been playing through injury.

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 20:03 - Feb 23 with 2262 viewsaeldun

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 14:20 - Feb 23 by SomethingBlue

No it's not. The biggest section of people is the section that both wishes for a change and bears him no ill will whatsoever. A stance that scrambles a few brains but is the one taken by almost every Town fan I know.

Agreed. I hold no animus towards McCarthy, and especially look back fondly on his influence on the 2012-2013 season, bringing us back from the brink.

But following his first three full seasons (9th, 6th, and 7th), we've regressed during the past two, and now face a second consecutive season of more losses than wins.

Despite this season's early season goals and results, on the whole the football again has been unattractive and uninspired. Recent season-ticket sales provide evidence of understandable ennui.

It feels like all of the signs point to the need for a change.
Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 20:26 - Feb 23 with 2237 viewsBackToRussia

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 20:03 - Feb 23 by aeldun

Agreed. I hold no animus towards McCarthy, and especially look back fondly on his influence on the 2012-2013 season, bringing us back from the brink.

But following his first three full seasons (9th, 6th, and 7th), we've regressed during the past two, and now face a second consecutive season of more losses than wins.

Despite this season's early season goals and results, on the whole the football again has been unattractive and uninspired. Recent season-ticket sales provide evidence of understandable ennui.

It feels like all of the signs point to the need for a change.

can't say fairer than that really.

Pretty much the fanbase has been united since last season that it was time for MM to move on.

It's been Evans as the stalling factor to commit to MM or look elsewhere.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 21:10 - Feb 23 with 2181 viewsRyorry

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 17:24 - Feb 23 by J2BLUE

It already is.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 21:42 - Feb 23 with 2153 viewsVic

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 14:27 - Feb 23 by textbackup

Either way, it’s a huge number saying it’s time for him to go. That’s the only question here.

Whether it’s MM deluded or on a wind up, I genuinely don’t know, but how he thinks it’s a small section?

Lots of people but somewhere less than 10% of ST holders and regular attendees.

Quite a small minority really.

I still think we may be better of if he goes in the summer.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 22:14 - Feb 23 with 2113 viewsmonty_radio

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 21:42 - Feb 23 by Vic

That's not have surveys work though, is it? To say that it shows that a small minority ( 10%) don't want him is like looking at the same survey and saying only 3% do. It's big, enough, as surveys go to tell you what the mood is.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 22:35 - Feb 23 with 2098 viewsBrixtonBlue

This is very difficult to answer, for me, without knowing who Marcus has lined up to replace him.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 22:49 - Feb 23 with 2089 viewstextbackup

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 22:35 - Feb 23 by BrixtonBlue

This is very difficult to answer, for me, without knowing who Marcus has lined up to replace him.

if you were in a really sht relationship would you stay with her just because you didn't have the next girl lined up?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

on 22:50 - Feb 23 with 2081 views_

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 22:49 - Feb 23 by textbackup

if you were in a really sht relationship would you stay with her just because you didn't have the next girl lined up?

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 00:55 - Feb 24 with 2009 viewsjpring89

How and why do some people think that its virtually impossible for Mick to get us relagated from this league ? I’m struggling to see how he can fluke his way through another year here and stay up. Him being here in my opinion is only holding us back and Evans likewise. I would rather we tried someone different and fail than to stay with this crap for another year or 2. It’s time for a change regardless.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 00:59 - Feb 24 with 2007 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Really? I’m surprised at how many want him to stay tbh - I think even the more level headed and pro-Mick posters on here recognise it’s time for a change

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 04:14 - Feb 24 with 1923 viewsrapier

MM needs to go, but will not be sacked, as, Evans is in the "better the devil you know" camp!
Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 04:42 - Feb 24 with 1908 viewsBenters2

on 22:50 - Feb 23 by _

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 05:45 - Feb 24 with 1886 viewstiptreeblue

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 21:42 - Feb 23 by Vic

Well, as there have been almost 2,000 votes cast at time of writing this, this must mean that we have nearly 20,000 ST holders and regular attendees, How is this?. Sorry, but this is pretty comprehensive
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024