Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... 10:43 - Feb 23 with 7085 viewsOsborneOneNil

Absolutely top bloke, lovely guy. He's ex Yeovil and Weymouth, previously a youth player at Liverpool. I know him from my time playing at Weymouth, plus he coached our Weymouth College side. He was at the Wigan v Man City game Monday, he's mates with Paul Cook, used to play alongside him at some stage in his youth. Said he loves the way Cook sets his teams up and how they play etc. Burnley are massively keen on him, if they were ever to lose Dyche. He then went on to discuss 'my team' and how they are a bit 'up and down at the moment,......then we got onto the state of play behind the scenes at Ipswich. He's a top guy, but he was struggling to say anything nice about our club right now. He said they are one of the worst clubs to deal with currently, an 'absolute joke' run by people that appear to have no clue. He went on to say Town are incredibly tight, to the point where many agents do not even bother to deal with them anymore. It's not worth it. He then mentioned our scouting system......he began with a smirk, then said it's pretty much nonexistent. Apparently we are massively behind in how and what we do, it's scouting from the dark ages. MM has his mate Dave Bowman there, who he admitted is a lovely bloke, but is not good at his job. I mentioned our token annual Irish kid we sign @ £90k each year......'yes, he looks after his mates'. He admitted MM did well on Kieffer, but as a coach, he is too limited and will never change.

There is a well known saying among the agents now, about ITFC. 'Ipswich pay MM a lot of money, so Ipswich don't have to pay anyone else any money'.
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 15:51 - Feb 23 with 1562 viewsBlueNomad

I guess Norwich, for example, would be seen as much better clubs by agents based on what this guy is alleged to have said. Has it got them any further than one point above us in mid-table?

I also think that any agent spouting off the way you quote him would soon gain a bad reputation amongst many clubs. Perhaps he should trust his mates not to pass it on too.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 15:53]
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 21:45 - Feb 23 with 1476 viewsOsborneOneNil

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 15:51 - Feb 23 by BlueNomad

I guess Norwich, for example, would be seen as much better clubs by agents based on what this guy is alleged to have said. Has it got them any further than one point above us in mid-table?

I also think that any agent spouting off the way you quote him would soon gain a bad reputation amongst many clubs. Perhaps he should trust his mates not to pass it on too.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 15:53]

Great post
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 21:47 - Feb 23 with 1474 viewsOsborneOneNil

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 15:31 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

Garner, Waghorn and Huws for less than £2m in the summer. I'm fairly happy with an approach that does that kind of business.

Pretty sure MM has said Garner and Waghorn were both chance signings, quite unexpected and genuine surprise they became available and it occurred. No real system there.
on 21:48 - Feb 23 with 1471 views_

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 21:47 - Feb 23 by OsborneOneNil

Pretty sure MM has said Garner and Waghorn were both chance signings, quite unexpected and genuine surprise they became available and it occurred. No real system there.

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 21:48 - Feb 23 with 1470 viewsHerbivore

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 21:47 - Feb 23 by OsborneOneNil

How did he find out they were available with seemingly no network and no favour with agents?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

on 21:49 - Feb 23 with 1465 views_

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 21:48 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

How did he find out they were available with seemingly no network and no favour with agents?

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 21:51 - Feb 23 with 1461 viewsReuser_is_God

on 21:48 - Feb 23 by _

Not all agents are scum, to be fair.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

on 21:54 - Feb 23 with 1451 views_

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 21:51 - Feb 23 by Reuser_is_God

Not all agents are scum, to be fair.

Login to get fewer ads

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 22:04 - Feb 23 with 1429 viewsOsborneOneNil

on 21:48 - Feb 23 by _

He’s far from being scum, thanks. Maybe he’s a far nicer bloke than you, who knows. Being a good agent has a place, and he is good at it. Helps lots of younger lads find clubs.

You think Estate Agents are scum too? Ok. Feel a bit awkward saying this but some of my closest mates are in Agency, and again, they are great people who work really hard.

Actually, my football agent mate probably is a nicer guy than you.
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 22:06 - Feb 23 with 1424 viewsOsborneOneNil

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 21:48 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

No network and no favour with agents? No one said that.
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 22:07 - Feb 23 with 1424 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 10:46 - Feb 23 by Bluefish

A football parasite is unhappy because a club has publically taken a stance against agents. Hardly a shock is it. Scouting in football had virtually disappeared because of agents so I would say he is more talking about paying agents fees than scouting. Mick turns a profit on transfer fees and keeps us above our budget level but tour mate says he is clueless.

Please do not report this post as abuse* 

Scouting hasn’t virtually disappeared. I know one scout at a L1 club and he’s extremely busy travelling to games. Also, look at the oft mentioned academies that UK clubs are setting up in France to exploit the untapped resources there
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 22:13 - Feb 23 with 1422 viewsm14_blue

There are so, so many things wrong at our club at the moment.

Our attitude to parisitic football agents isn't one of them.

I'm glad we have a reputation among them as being difficult to deal with. Did your mate name a single player who we have missed out on due to this reputation?
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 22:15 - Feb 23 with 1419 viewsOsborneOneNil

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 22:07 - Feb 23 by FrowsyArmLarry

Scouting hasn’t virtually disappeared. I know one scout at a L1 club and he’s extremely busy travelling to games. Also, look at the oft mentioned academies that UK clubs are setting up in France to exploit the untapped resources there

Indeed, scouting is still a huge part of things. See Everton buying the Leicester scout, for example.

(Pretty sure it was Everton)
on 22:43 - Feb 23 with 1397 views_

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 22:04 - Feb 23 by OsborneOneNil

He’s far from being scum, thanks. Maybe he’s a far nicer bloke than you, who knows. Being a good agent has a place, and he is good at it. Helps lots of younger lads find clubs.

You think Estate Agents are scum too? Ok. Feel a bit awkward saying this but some of my closest mates are in Agency, and again, they are great people who work really hard.

Actually, my football agent mate probably is a nicer guy than you.

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 23:35 - Feb 23 with 1379 viewsCurrie10

Right - for what it's worth, I'd rather we have this approach and get players motivated to play than some of the melts out there who want a new club every year.

The Christian Vieri's of the world.

1991—1992 Torino 7 (1)
1992—1993 Pisa 18 (2)
1993—1994 Ravenna 32 (12)
1994—1995 Venezia 29 (11)
1995—1996 Atalanta 21 (9)
1996—1997 Juventus 23 (8)
1997—1998 Atlético Madrid 24 (24)
1998—1999 Lazio 22 (12)

Quite obviously had an agent who thought moving all the time was going to help his career - and line the pocket of the agent.

Mick's bang right on this one.

That said, no issue with footballers having agents at all. Clubs take the P*** out of players - both the Secret footballer / Zlatan book showed the other side. Zlatan thought he'd got a good deal at Ajax when he left Malmo - then realised it was horrific and should have been far far higher. Didn't make that mistake twice.....

Everyones heard the Leeds Seth Johnson story I assume!?

http://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/seth-johnson-interview-true-leeds-story-r

Have a read. Quite literally unbelievable............

Heard this from numerous Leeds fans and a friend I know who has connections there / season ticket and goes to every away game also.

End of the day, clubs need to be firmer. I don't mind the agent asking / helping the player. I DO mind clubs being happy to get their pants pulled down.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 23:46]
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 01:35 - Feb 24 with 1328 viewsZacak

Yeah agents probably don't bother because we're not keen on lining the agents pockets.
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 01:45 - Feb 24 with 1322 viewstextbackup

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 15:31 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

Garner, Waghorn and Huws for less than £2m in the summer. I'm fairly happy with an approach that does that kind of business.

yeah Huws has been fcking incredible

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 01:52 - Feb 24 with 1320 viewstextbackup

some of the replies to this inoffensive post are fcking brilliant.

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 02:05 - Feb 24 with 1307 viewsStNeotsBlue

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 01:45 - Feb 24 by textbackup

yeah Huws has been fcking incredible

Huws was/ is a gamble worth taking though, we are a different side with him playing.
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 02:05 - Feb 24 with 1308 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Amazed at some of the replies to this, everything in that makes sense

Hardly a secret that we’re low payers, and believe we have been on record re not wanting to pay agent fees if we can help it

Re scouting we clearly do very little outside the UK & Ireland. Whilst it’s lazy to say Mick just signs his mates or Irish/ex-Sunderland players, there is a grain of truth in that Mick has brought in a lot of players known to him (be it through previous clubs, players faced or been around the league a while), and given the setup you can hardly blame him. To be fair to Mick, he’s done well recruitment wise within those parameters

The last part re paying him good money so we don’t need the infrastructure should worry a lot of people, because as and when Mick goes it will either be another from the same cloth, or a young manager that will be hugely thrown into the deep end without wider change

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 02:10 - Feb 24 with 1292 viewstextbackup

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 02:05 - Feb 24 by StNeotsBlue

Huws was/ is a gamble worth taking though, we are a different side with him playing.

that can't be argued against, I agree fully.... problem is, he hasn't played, and further more he'll probably end up crocked next year also

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 07:44 - Feb 24 with 1210 viewsHerbivore

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 02:10 - Feb 24 by textbackup

that can't be argued against, I agree fully.... problem is, he hasn't played, and further more he'll probably end up crocked next year also

Will he?

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 08:14 - Feb 24 with 1200 viewsfabian_illness

That Bart interview on the radio in the week, didn't he mention 7 or 8 agents phoning him saying they could get him the Palace move?
They must all be lovely guys too, just phoning for a chat, asking after the family, 'where you off to for your holidays Bart? Oh, by the way, I can double your money and get you a good signing on fee at palace...'
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 08:48 - Feb 24 with 1174 viewstextbackup

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 07:44 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

Will he?

£5 says he doesn’t play more than 10 games next season?

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 08:49 - Feb 24 with 1173 viewsHerbivore

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 08:48 - Feb 24 by textbackup

£5 says he doesn’t play more than 10 games next season?

Yeah I'll take your money.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024