Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know this probably isn't a surprise 13:55 - Feb 19 with 25066 viewsclive_baker

and I'm not one for 'def info', but I was having a beer over the weekend with someone who's very much in the know when it comes to ITFC, at a senior level.

He told me that MM is 100% leaving in the summer. Said there's no appetite from ME and co to extend his stay here and even if Mick was open to it. Search is already underway for his successor and the club is hoping to announce something before the end of the season.

Interestingly also mentioned the disconnect between MM and Town fans is a big concern to ME, and this was 24 hours prior to him telling us to fk off.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 13:57 - Feb 19 with 13358 viewsWD19

ME going with the ‘I didn’t want to go out with you anymore anyway’ approach to being jilted then.
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 14:01 - Feb 19 with 13297 viewsOsborneOneNil

Tremendous news, cheers Clive
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 15:02 - Feb 19 with 13122 viewsMullet

Seems there's two sets of "def info" floating about but I can't see ME wanting him to stay, nor Mick.

There was also the McGreal thing a week or so ago wasn't there? Which is far more plausible than say Steijn, especially now. I wonder if Mick will have any consultancy like Jewell did?

Does anyone know how Redknapp's knees are lately?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 15:14 - Feb 19 with 13050 viewsjpring89

Going to be an interesting summer. All I hope for is that we make the right choice on our next manager. It doesn’t necessarily mean Getting promoted being in contention is always nice. But I just want to love supporting Town again. Never been so distant or disinterested ever.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 15:26 - Feb 19 with 12992 viewsclive_baker

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 15:02 - Feb 19 by Mullet

Seems there's two sets of "def info" floating about but I can't see ME wanting him to stay, nor Mick.

There was also the McGreal thing a week or so ago wasn't there? Which is far more plausible than say Steijn, especially now. I wonder if Mick will have any consultancy like Jewell did?

There certainly does. I hadn't seen that thread until after I had posted but I'll all say is it completely contradicts the conversation I had on Saturday afternoon with someone who's firmly ITK.

I didn't press him on names of replacements etc, it didn't feel appropriate to do so as he had probably already said more than he ought to have done. I got the impression we'll hear something official from the club sooner rather than later. He specifically said it'll be resolved in advance of the end of the season, depending on the recruitment of the replacement. I'm assuming it means Mick will see out the remaining games rather than a new manager coming in before the summer.

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 15:30 - Feb 19 with 12962 viewsMullet

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 15:26 - Feb 19 by clive_baker

There certainly does. I hadn't seen that thread until after I had posted but I'll all say is it completely contradicts the conversation I had on Saturday afternoon with someone who's firmly ITK.

I didn't press him on names of replacements etc, it didn't feel appropriate to do so as he had probably already said more than he ought to have done. I got the impression we'll hear something official from the club sooner rather than later. He specifically said it'll be resolved in advance of the end of the season, depending on the recruitment of the replacement. I'm assuming it means Mick will see out the remaining games rather than a new manager coming in before the summer.

In fairness I had heard the "Mick staying" from maybe 3rd hand recently, then I think Lucan or someone else who wouldn't lie put it on here the other day.

It's quite possible both things were true and it's a question of when, not if one changed. You can see Mick turning around and telling Evans he just can't do it any more or vice versa, as much as Evans getting on his knees and pleading for Mick to stay.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 15:47 - Feb 19 with 12866 viewsblueislander

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 15:30 - Feb 19 by Mullet

In fairness I had heard the "Mick staying" from maybe 3rd hand recently, then I think Lucan or someone else who wouldn't lie put it on here the other day.

It's quite possible both things were true and it's a question of when, not if one changed. You can see Mick turning around and telling Evans he just can't do it any more or vice versa, as much as Evans getting on his knees and pleading for Mick to stay.

So now we have had two totally contradictory defo infos from two really good sources. Egg on face for someone I guess. Personally , and not having defo info from any source, I doubt whether either party as made a definite decision.
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 14:41 - Mar 18 with 12390 viewsclive_baker

Just by way of an update, I’m over in the south west still and I’m meeting up with a few people in a bit, and I’m informed he’ll (the source firmly ITK with ME / ITFC) will be there. So this time I’m going to nail him down on who we’re talking to as a replacement. What else should I subtly be gleaning from him?

Login to get fewer ads

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 14:45 - Mar 18 with 12348 viewsBackToRussia

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 14:41 - Mar 18 by clive_baker

Just by way of an update, I’m over in the south west still and I’m meeting up with a few people in a bit, and I’m informed he’ll (the source firmly ITK with ME / ITFC) will be there. So this time I’m going to nail him down on who we’re talking to as a replacement. What else should I subtly be gleaning from him?

Is ME trying to sell up?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 19:16 - Mar 18 with 11975 viewsPilgrimblue

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 14:45 - Mar 18 by BackToRussia

Is ME trying to sell up?

hope so to someone who cares. Like the idea that they're planning now as new guy needs to get in asap, Hope you're right Clive as it would be huge let down if contrary story was true!
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 19:39 - Mar 18 with 11901 viewslongtimefan

What time are you meeting Ian Milne?
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 19:41 - Mar 18 with 11886 viewsReuser_is_God

Further update?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 19:49 - Mar 18 with 11837 viewsimsureazzure

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 15:02 - Feb 19 by Mullet

Ffs sake let's ensure it is written applications only!
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 21:39 - Mar 18 with 11636 viewssolemio

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 19:49 - Mar 18 by imsureazzure

Ffs sake let's ensure it is written applications only!

Do we really want a literate manager?
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 21:42 - Mar 18 with 11610 viewsJ2BLUE

Timescale.
Season ticket info.

I had forgotten about this thread. Now you've bumped it i'm completely sold that it's geneuine...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 21:50 - Mar 18 with 11587 viewsNo9

To be candid, the Owner should be concerned about his investment in ITFC &, with his team management out of contract soon, ought to be asking his advisors about his options.
It is hardly surprising there are rumours & with MM acting like he's already been told he's not going to get a golden deal / one at all there will be speculation.

I for one look forward to an update but I am not convinced the Owner will do anythign other than investigat how to cut his losses
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 22:11 - Mar 18 with 11492 viewsclive_baker

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 14:45 - Mar 18 by BackToRussia

Is ME trying to sell up?

So...

- Mick definitely off. Contract won’t be extended.
- ME very conscious of impact on attendances and relationship with fans.
- ME hasn’t had the conversation with Mick formally yet, wanted to wait as long as possible before doing so as not to rock the Apple cart this season.
- The ‘chat’ is imminent though, a date is in the diary.
- Suggested that Mick might not have stayed even if Evans wanted him to.
- Highly likely that MM will see out the season though, new appointment would be in the summer.
- Mowbray has been spoken to about the job but doesn’t want any distraction from Blackburn at the moment. Still a possibility though.
- Others have also been spoken to including an ‘big name’ in the game, from his playing days. I’ve been scratching my head on the train and wondering if it’s Lampard? Not sure if he would want to get into management?
- No suggestion that ME is looking to sell.

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 22:15 - Mar 18 with 11456 viewsJ2BLUE

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 22:11 - Mar 18 by clive_baker

So...

- ME hasn’t had the conversation with Mick formally yet, wanted to wait as long as possible before doing so as not to rock the Apple cart this season.
- Highly likely that MM will see out the season though, new appointment would be in the summer.
- Mowbray has been spoken to about the job but doesn’t want any distraction from Blackburn at the moment. Still a possibility though.
- Others have also been spoken to including an ‘big name’ in the game, from his playing days. I’ve been scratching my head on the train and wondering if it’s Lampard? Not sure if he would want to get into management?

Cheers.

Neville or Lampard I reckon. Lamps has the Harry connection so probably him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 22:21 - Mar 18 with 11429 viewsclive_baker

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 22:11 - Mar 18 by clive_baker

So...

Oh and another thing I forgot to mention. There’s truth in the Jordan Rhodes rumours. It was all but a done deal in terms of agreement between us and Sheff Wed on deadline day in January and Rhodes was up for it. It all came about too late though to actually get the deal done and something that might well be revisited in the summer depending on the new manager. I thought that smelt like BS given his salary but apparently it was a goer.

J2 I hadn’t considered Neville. Please god no.

On another note Bradford-upon-Avon where we were out today is beautiful. Definitely not to be confused with Bradford, Yorkshire.

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 22:48 - Mar 18 with 11270 viewskeighleyblue

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 22:21 - Mar 18 by clive_baker

Oh and another thing I forgot to mention. There’s truth in the Jordan Rhodes rumours. It was all but a done deal in terms of agreement between us and Sheff Wed on deadline day in January and Rhodes was up for it. It all came about too late though to actually get the deal done and something that might well be revisited in the summer depending on the new manager. I thought that smelt like BS given his salary but apparently it was a goer.

On another note Bradford-upon-Avon where we were out today is beautiful. Definitely not to be confused with Bradford, Yorkshire.

Oi! Nowt wrong with Bradfut!
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 22:53]
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 23:43 - Mar 18 with 11098 viewshorsehollerer

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 22:21 - Mar 18 by clive_baker

Having watched Rhodes' shocking performance against us the other night, I wouldn't be too upset if this didn't happen. If we can just get Waghorn a bit of service next season, I think he'll be better than JR.

I actually quite like Lampard. Would be a huge gamble, but a fairly exciting one.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 06:00 - Mar 19 with 10880 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 23:43 - Mar 18 by horsehollerer

Having watched Rhodes' shocking performance against us the other night, I wouldn't be too upset if this didn't happen. If we can just get Waghorn a bit of service next season, I think he'll be better than JR.

I actually quite like Lampard. Would be a huge gamble, but a fairly exciting one.

I wouldn’t be totally dissapointed with lampard either, his links with Chelsea could get us one or two exciting youngsters on loan for starters. Also let’s face it we’re not going to appoint anybody that we are all 100% agreeable on so someone with a completely unblotched copybook could be the sort of appointment to bring the supporters together. We would all like to think he would want to play exciting football but we don’t really have anything to go on in that regards yet.

Whoever is appointed one thing is for certain the fans need to all behind him and his players (as was the case with McCarthy for much of his tenure)
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 07:42 - Mar 19 with 10619 viewsevansblue

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 06:00 - Mar 19 by ColchesterBlue1985

I wouldn’t be totally dissapointed with lampard either, his links with Chelsea could get us one or two exciting youngsters on loan for starters. Also let’s face it we’re not going to appoint anybody that we are all 100% agreeable on so someone with a completely unblotched copybook could be the sort of appointment to bring the supporters together. We would all like to think he would want to play exciting football but we don’t really have anything to go on in that regards yet.

Whoever is appointed one thing is for certain the fans need to all behind him and his players (as was the case with McCarthy for much of his tenure)

About 6 weeks ago someone told me we were interested In Sol Campbell. I looked him up to see what he was up to these days and he had just been turned down for the Oxford job so gave it no more thought. If you google him there are lots of interviews from him stating his desire to get in to Mgmt and bemoaning his lack of opportunities. Who knows but it links to your story and why not give him a chance.
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 07:47 - Mar 19 with 10605 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 07:42 - Mar 19 by evansblue

About 6 weeks ago someone told me we were interested In Sol Campbell. I looked him up to see what he was up to these days and he had just been turned down for the Oxford job so gave it no more thought. If you google him there are lots of interviews from him stating his desire to get in to Mgmt and bemoaning his lack of opportunities. Who knows but it links to your story and why not give him a chance.

Ok I get your point but regardless of who they appoint the bottom line is I will give them a chance and whilst I may not be enthralled we need to get behind the new man with a clean slate.
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 08:15 - Mar 19 with 10488 viewsRadlett_blue

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 07:42 - Mar 19 by evansblue

Appointing anyone with close to zero coaching experience is a huge gamble & hopefully one Evans won't take. As far as Campbell is concerned, it seems he is incredibly arrogant so if he did get the job, at the first sing of trouble he would probably be on his way. That's one of the problems with former top PL players - most of them are so wealthy that I'm not sure they would be really committed.
I'd far rather we appointed a promising manger who had some success in League 1 or 2.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024