Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hyam 19:47 - Feb 18 with 5099 viewsCurrie10

May get - 181811381328 but hey ho - he was absolutely guff today. Soon as he came on, infact 20 seconds after coming on Norwich were gift wrapped a good chance.

Offered absolutely zero.

Difficult for Hyam as been constantly injured for 3 years etc however based on today, jesus. Would rather have Bru in the 11 than Hyam in the squad and that's saying something.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 19:48]
Hyam on 19:49 - Feb 18 with 5063 viewsJ2BLUE

Hyam isn't good enough for us IMO. If he wasn't 'one of our own' we'd all want him to be released.

He's average.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hyam on 19:49 - Feb 18 with 5063 viewsMaySixth

I don't remember him touching the ball.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Hyam on 19:56 - Feb 18 with 5021 viewslongtimefan

Hyam on 19:49 - Feb 18 by J2BLUE

Hyam isn't good enough for us IMO. If he wasn't 'one of our own' we'd all want him to be released.

He's average.

“He’s average”

Like most of the team!

Other than Bart who do we have that would fetch more than a £1M let alone the 10s of Millions The scum will get for Maddison in the summer.....and Murphy.....and probably a few others.
Hyam on 19:58 - Feb 18 with 5005 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Bit harsh.

Poll: Best Football Song

Hyam on 20:29 - Feb 18 with 4888 viewsCurrie10

Hyam on 19:58 - Feb 18 by RoyKeanesDog

Bit harsh.

Maybe a bit harsh mate and I like the kid - want him to do well - however first and foremost I want us as a club to do well.

How the hell he got a two year deal considering his injury record I will never know........

Not good enough.
Hyam on 20:33 - Feb 18 with 4859 viewspointofblue

Considering McGoldrick is looking like a spare part after being out for a matter of weeks I'm not sure we should be judging Hyam on the basis of trying to get on track after being out for so long.

I think the key problem was he was trying to take on Gleeson's role. If he was a direct swap for Skuse he would have probably coped better.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hyam on 20:52 - Feb 18 with 4791 viewsTrequartista

Mick loves defensive central midfielders however good or bad they are. Surprised he didn't try and squeeze a fourth one into his team today.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Hyam on 20:57 - Feb 18 with 4770 viewsshamboy

Do people honestly not realise he was sent on to man mark Maddison?

(Mark him?, he couldn't get near him btw).
Login to get fewer ads

Hyam on 21:50 - Feb 18 with 4621 viewsCurrie10

Hyam on 20:33 - Feb 18 by pointofblue

Considering McGoldrick is looking like a spare part after being out for a matter of weeks I'm not sure we should be judging Hyam on the basis of trying to get on track after being out for so long.

I think the key problem was he was trying to take on Gleeson's role. If he was a direct swap for Skuse he would have probably coped better.

Don't get me wrong, McGoldrick not good today either. Not a game for him, hand zero impact.

That being said, the game is won / lost in CM and Hyam stood out as a headless chicken. Nowhere near good enough from him today - and not his fault he's been out for so long. Will take a long time to get back to his best.
Hyam on 22:10 - Feb 18 with 4555 viewsVic

Hyam on 19:56 - Feb 18 by longtimefan

“He’s average”

Like most of the team!

Other than Bart who do we have that would fetch more than a £1M let alone the 10s of Millions The scum will get for Maddison in the summer.....and Murphy.....and probably a few others.

Webster, Waghorn, Huws, Dozzel, Downes, Nydam.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Hyam on 22:20 - Feb 18 with 4523 viewspointofblue

Hyam on 21:50 - Feb 18 by Currie10

Don't get me wrong, McGoldrick not good today either. Not a game for him, hand zero impact.

That being said, the game is won / lost in CM and Hyam stood out as a headless chicken. Nowhere near good enough from him today - and not his fault he's been out for so long. Will take a long time to get back to his best.

I think it was expecting a lot to put someone on the pitch with very little match time behind them and actually not much experience considering his age, and ask him to mark a Premier League player (which Maddison is) out of the game. Even before Hyam had come on Skuse was struggling doing so after an excellent first half.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hyam on 22:21 - Feb 18 with 4519 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Hyam on 20:29 - Feb 18 by Currie10

Maybe a bit harsh mate and I like the kid - want him to do well - however first and foremost I want us as a club to do well.

How the hell he got a two year deal considering his injury record I will never know........

Not good enough.

That's a different matter, to say he was absolute guff is harsh though. Apart from one unpunished error when he didn't release the ball quick enough, he pretty much came on to just add fresh legs whe we had our backs against the wall.

Poll: Best Football Song

Hyam on 22:34 - Feb 18 with 4481 viewsWicklowBlue

Hyam on 22:21 - Feb 18 by RoyKeanesDog

That's a different matter, to say he was absolute guff is harsh though. Apart from one unpunished error when he didn't release the ball quick enough, he pretty much came on to just add fresh legs whe we had our backs against the wall.

This....we'd lost our way early into the second half. Couldn't string a couple of passes together and resorted to long balls up the pitch to relieve pressure. I would have kept Garner on (if he wasn't injured) he was keeping the pressure on them higher up the field that Didz isn't capable of doing. Tough to judge Hyam on his contribution as we were struggling to keep ball well before he came on.

Personally had no problem with the Spence sub seemed logical add fresh legs into that position. As I've called out many times before we soo lack a go to player in the midfield who will retain possession and play us up the pitch. Some of the passing in midfield in the 2nd half was shocking. There was a number of occasions where we could have passed sideways or backwards to retain possession and just lumped it up the pitch.
Hyam on 22:46 - Feb 18 with 4455 viewsjas0999

Hyam on 19:49 - Feb 18 by J2BLUE

He's average.

Agree.
Hyam on 22:48 - Feb 18 with 4444 viewsTractorWood

Hyam on 20:57 - Feb 18 by shamboy

Do people honestly not realise he was sent on to man mark Maddison?

(Mark him?, he couldn't get near him btw).

Got skinned within seconds of coming on by Maddison.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Hyam on 06:30 - Feb 19 with 4265 viewsshamboy

Hyam on 22:48 - Feb 18 by TractorWood

Correct. Left him for dead. Hyam couldn't read him at all, let slone disrupt his game.
Hyam on 06:42 - Feb 19 with 4241 viewsbrogansnose

Once the other midfielders get back to fitness he'll get nowhere near the first team.
Hyam on 09:38 - Feb 19 with 4073 viewsHopelessRomantic

It would frustrate me if Teddy get's let go when we've given Hyam a lot of chances after his injuries considering Teddy's so much more talented.
Hyam on 11:06 - Feb 19 with 3999 viewsLightningboy

Hyam on 19:49 - Feb 18 by MaySixth

I don't remember him touching the ball.

Couldn’t understand why Gleeson got taken off?..he looked like the only player we had capable of playing a decent forward pass.

Oh,just answered my own question.
Hyam on 11:20 - Feb 19 with 3985 viewsBluebell

Hyam on 22:48 - Feb 18 by TractorWood

Wasn't that understandable? Maddison had been playing all game. Hyam had just run up and down the side of the pitch a few times. Maddison will probably sell for £15 million in the summer.

Give the lad a break!
Hyam on 11:21 - Feb 19 with 3983 viewsSuperfrans

But "he's one of our own" which is all that counts.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024