Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone 12:12 - Feb 16 with 17823 viewsSteve_M

Which is news to me. I have slightly more sympathy for the idea that Camden is one but only because of the amount of fecking idiots around.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Elephant & Castle! on 19:46 - Feb 16 with 4836 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Elephant & Castle! on 19:39 - Feb 16 by SpruceMoose

I still don't get what you're mad at him about to be honest.

I’m not mad at him about anything. The only time I’ve ever got annoyed on here is one time cil posted some conspiracy theory crap about 911
According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 19:53 - Feb 16 with 4827 viewsSuperfrans

Ha ha ha ha ha... ha ha ha ha ha...

That’s one of the funniest things I’ve seen for a long time.
For a start, has the person who created this been to Stoke Newington recently? It’s like Hampstead.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Elephant & Castle! on 22:51 - Feb 16 with 4792 viewsGogs

Elephant & Castle! on 13:39 - Feb 16 by Pendejo

A major transport hub for numerous bus routes, tube & overground with newly formed cycle routes... I'm not aware of it becoming a no go zone. Would cause problems for the likes of Ministry of Sound

Me neither. My company's head office is right next to Ministry of Sound, I have to go there about once a month and I've never been aware of any problems there. And if anyone from work had been in any sort of incident round there, we'd have definitely heard about it by now
Elephant & Castle! on 23:13 - Feb 16 with 4783 viewsbuoyant

Elephant & Castle! on 19:21 - Feb 16 by FrowsyArmLarry

I say this to my parents and they don’t get it. I’m quite happy wandering around any of the flats round there, camberwell and Peckham where you literally don’t see a white face. Venture into new cross and you take your life in your hands.

Not true.

You've not spent much time in New Cross

UTT

According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 00:00 - Feb 17 with 4762 viewsClapham_Junction

Shadwell is just round the corner from me and can't say I've had any problem with acidic substances, aside from the local chippy's stinginess with vinegar.
Elephant & Castle! on 00:07 - Feb 17 with 4753 viewsmonytowbray

Elephant & Castle! on 19:34 - Feb 16 by FrowsyArmLarry

The point jonty was making about comparing London now to 30 years ago is a good one. What annoys me about people like Callis is that he has no experience of that but considers himself enlightened when he’s been brought up in a multicultural society so really doesn’t have a choice in the matter. I would expect anyone under 35 to automatically hold his views.

Not sure how many times I need to say I grew up in a rural village until you stop being pointlessly offended and making stuff up.

How well do you know me or my background?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Elephant & Castle! on 00:15 - Feb 17 with 4746 viewsCoastalblue

Elephant & Castle! on 23:13 - Feb 16 by buoyant

Not true.

Comes across as a quick google to find somewhere a bit edgy not on the map above, that whole New Cross/Deptford area of London is getting one step away from gentryfication.

To be fair, Shadwell does seem to have had a bit of a downward dip over the last 18 months or so, but no go? pffft

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 00:15 - Feb 17 with 4748 viewstcblue

The whole thing is preposterous, I’ve felt more threatened by the rubes in rural villages than any of those places.

I think the worst thing that happens on the streets of Stoke Newington is being run down by a pram that costs more than your car
Login to get fewer ads

According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 09:53 - Feb 17 with 4668 viewsbluelou

According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 00:15 - Feb 17 by tcblue

The whole thing is preposterous, I’ve felt more threatened by the rubes in rural villages than any of those places.

I think the worst thing that happens on the streets of Stoke Newington is being run down by a pram that costs more than your car

You've obviously never seen the riots when Whole Foods runs out of oat milk

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

on 09:54 - Feb 17 with 4664 views_

According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 12:47 - Feb 16 by monytowbray

Jesus. The worst thing is this will be touted by rural clueless folk as evidence London is awful.

Been to most of these places this year already.

Another funny one is when people talk about Tower Hamlets as if it’s some kind of walled off militant extremist Muslim strong hold above UK law where you’ll instantly be lynched if you are white. I’ve seen that angle touted on here in Muslim/Terrorist discussion.

According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 10:53 - Feb 17 with 4653 viewsstickymockwell

I’m off to Kentish Town in April to see Half Man Half Biscuit. Should I tool up?

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 11:18 - Feb 17 with 4634 viewsimsureazzure

According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 10:53 - Feb 17 by stickymockwell

I’m off to Kentish Town in April to see Half Man Half Biscuit. Should I tool up?

Surely Walford is a no go area?
According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 11:44 - Feb 17 with 4622 viewsmonytowbray

on 09:54 - Feb 17 by _

It’s alright once you get used to it.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 11:46 - Feb 17 with 4620 viewsLord_Lucan

on 09:54 - Feb 17 by _

London is one of the finest cities in the world.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

on 11:55 - Feb 17 with 4610 views_

According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 11:44 - Feb 17 by monytowbray

It’s alright once you get used to it.

Elephant & Castle! on 12:37 - Feb 17 with 4590 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Not true.

It’s fine during the day of course, but at night is a different matter
According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 13:45 - Feb 17 with 4563 viewsBinner

According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 15:37 - Feb 16 by eireblue

Would it be enlightened to point out the pleonasm.

Aah - a new word which you don't see much of on TWTD - 'enlightened'!

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Elephant & Castle! on 13:55 - Feb 17 with 4559 viewsLord_Lucan

Not true.

My cousin used to live in New Cross in the early 80's, well Deptford I think.

It was horrific then, although I hear it's quite nice now.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 14:00 - Feb 17 with 4551 viewsbluelou

on 11:55 - Feb 17 by _

It depends how you compare it though. Is it as much fun to visit as Budapest or Lisbon?
Is it as pretty as Cologne or Venice? All of those are probably no

However it's also a true metropolis, and cannot really be compared in that way.
When you weigh up everything from history, culture, architecture, green spaces, job opportunities, cuisine and fashion there's literally not a single city in Europe and very few in the world that come close.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 14:03 - Feb 17 with 4547 viewsSpruceMoose

According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 14:00 - Feb 17 by bluelou

It depends how you compare it though. Is it as much fun to visit as Budapest or Lisbon?
Is it as pretty as Cologne or Venice? All of those are probably no

However it's also a true metropolis, and cannot really be compared in that way.
When you weigh up everything from history, culture, architecture, green spaces, job opportunities, cuisine and fashion there's literally not a single city in Europe and very few in the world that come close.

No. It's a global city. Think New York, Tokyo etc. That's who you need to compare it to.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

on 14:12 - Feb 17 with 4535 views_

According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 14:03 - Feb 17 by SpruceMoose

No. It's a global city. Think New York, Tokyo etc. That's who you need to compare it to.

According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 14:39 - Feb 17 with 4522 viewsLord_Lucan

According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 14:03 - Feb 17 by SpruceMoose

The thing with London though is it is so big. Many European city's are smaller and have a town centre sort of thing, London is more vast and has regions.

I don't particularly like New York, I would rather go to somewhere like New Orleans. I'm very lucky in that I have travelled the world but never been to Japan and to be honest I have no inclination to.

I'm really surprised that London is not viewed as a nailed on top world city by some on here, the place is immense and is one of (if not the) most important and influential city's on the planet.

According to the Sun Kentish Town is a no go zone on 17:09 - Feb 17 with 4469 viewsBlueinBrum

on 11:55 - Feb 17 by _

Not this again...

I agree compare London to most European cities is laughable. So why are you doing it!

As others have said London is not really comparable to any European cities (maybe Paris excluded). It's too vast and diverse to compare to a quaint continental capital.

As I've said on here before, I' completely understand why some people don't want to live in London. But to dismiss it entirely is completely farcical and ignorant.
Elephant & Castle! on 17:13 - Feb 17 with 4467 viewsBlueinBrum

Elephant & Castle! on 13:55 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

My cousin used to live in New Cross in the early 80's, well Deptford I think.

It was horrific then, although I hear it's quite nice now.

Still pretty rough around the edges round there I assure you, but I'm sure a lot smarter than it was in the 80s. Unbelievablue lives on the periphery of deptford
Elephant & Castle! on 17:19 - Feb 17 with 4463 viewsLord_Lucan

Elephant & Castle! on 17:13 - Feb 17 by BlueinBrum

Still pretty rough around the edges round there I assure you, but I'm sure a lot smarter than it was in the 80s. Unbelievablue lives on the periphery of deptford

Yes, well he is riff raff isn't he.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024