Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CM next season - change... 11:10 - Feb 14 with 2499 viewsCurrie10

Clearly end of the road for Mr Bru. Do we think Hyam + Bishop will be here next season? I'm so torn re Teddy - a massive fan but probably ( reluctantly ) think he should go. Also think Hyam needs a move to push us on.

So that would leave -

* Skuse * Downes * Dozzell * Nydam * Huws * Adeyemi

Maybe Gleeson? Suppose Ward CAN do a job there in a 3 !?

Thoughts?
CM next season - change... on 11:12 - Feb 14 with 2482 viewsKieran_Knows

Hyam will blag himself another deal, no doubt.

As long as all the names you mention below are fit, that would give any manager a good headache as to who to pick.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

CM next season - change... on 11:15 - Feb 14 with 2466 viewsBlueBadger

CM next season - change... on 11:12 - Feb 14 by Kieran_Knows

Hyam will blag himself another deal, no doubt.

As long as all the names you mention below are fit, that would give any manager a good headache as to who to pick.

A potential Downes/Huws combo is pretty mouthwatering.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2018 11:17]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

CM next season - change... on 11:31 - Feb 14 with 2440 viewsWarkTheWark

Keep Bish, lose Hyam he's really really bad.
CM next season - change... on 12:00 - Feb 14 with 2385 viewsJimmy86

If he can get the injuries cleared up Bish is without doubt 1 of the best midfielders at the club. He showed that against QPR and I was gutted for him that he got injured and had to come off. Bish is worth a longer deal

Hyam, adds bite and tenacity, but is such a limited footballer. If he came from anywhere else, other than Ipswich he would just be the average championship footballer he actually is. Downes is going to be better than him, that's for sure
CM next season - change... on 12:11 - Feb 14 with 2349 viewsmonty_radio

Ward is neat and tidy and compact, but not sure that's a position in itself.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

CM next season - change... on 12:12 - Feb 14 with 2345 viewstitanicclown

Dozzell is the pick of them for me. Plays the game at a different speed with his one-touch passing and vision - special player if he gets back fit.

Be nice to see Downes and Dozzell get plenty of game time in a three next season. Maybe with Huws as the one in front of them?

With no investment, these academy lads surely have to become the backbone of our team next season. I think reconnecting the first team with the academy should be on ME essential criteria when hiring a new manager.

We seem to produce bright young footballers but unfortunately, Mick just doesn't play to their strengths. These boys are taught to keep the ball but when they get in the 1st team the ball just flies over their heads. Remember that 'tippy tappy b*****ks' quote from Mick? The worst thing he's ever said for me.

The academy is clearly very well run and if we can get a 1st team that plays the same way we might bring some joy back into our club.
CM next season - change... on 12:28 - Feb 14 with 2300 viewsPilgrimblue

CM next season - change... on 12:12 - Feb 14 by titanicclown

Dozzell is the pick of them for me. Plays the game at a different speed with his one-touch passing and vision - special player if he gets back fit.

Be nice to see Downes and Dozzell get plenty of game time in a three next season. Maybe with Huws as the one in front of them?

With no investment, these academy lads surely have to become the backbone of our team next season. I think reconnecting the first team with the academy should be on ME essential criteria when hiring a new manager.

We seem to produce bright young footballers but unfortunately, Mick just doesn't play to their strengths. These boys are taught to keep the ball but when they get in the 1st team the ball just flies over their heads. Remember that 'tippy tappy b*****ks' quote from Mick? The worst thing he's ever said for me.

The academy is clearly very well run and if we can get a 1st team that plays the same way we might bring some joy back into our club.

That's why MM must go. Need manager that believes in our youth and can play proper football keeping the ball etc. Nash could do it but any up and coming will be great.
CM next season - change... on 12:31 - Feb 14 with 2285 viewsSimonds92

CM next season - change... on 12:12 - Feb 14 by titanicclown

I tried to make the same point regarding the difference in style between the academy and micks first team and was slated for it. Completely agree!
Login to get fewer ads

CM next season - change... on 13:46 - Feb 14 with 2200 viewsVaughan8

Mr Bru will somehow get back into the team............! haha

I would love us to have some of those youngsters in CM but I think Huws is one of our best players when fit so definitely him, with Downes?

I think if Mick is here next season, Bishop is going to go (if anyone wants him) whether that's a loan or permanent. He seems to have lost his way.

Hyam is another one who might go, depends if he gets a chance this season, and if so, will he impress.

We seem to have loads of CM's when all fit....................they just never are.
CM next season - change... on 14:10 - Feb 14 with 2155 viewsNo9

I agree with Mick Mills = since MM arrived, Town's midfield has not been good.
That maybe down to the fact MM believes in route one football (he has been criticised for that at other clubs). For a while, when MM got Murphy functioning as the target man, that worked accordingly he could afford to ignore utilising the midfield as a prt of attacking football.
Since Murph left for pastures new MM has found it difficult to find a new working formula for his preferred tactics. For a short tiem this season he went to 'break-away' tactics but he has been found out, other teams (mostly) don't find it too difficult to overcome once they understand he has no plan B
Then there are the games where MM never sets out to win but to nulify the opposition again with no plan B.
I don't see MM changing his management career to a place where he engages in modern attacking football or to a formula he can change by running at the opposition & dictating play.
Occassionally maybe but not as a feature of ITFC under MM's TM.
CM next season - change... on 14:17 - Feb 14 with 2122 viewsPilgrimblue

CM next season - change... on 14:10 - Feb 14 by No9

I agree with Mick Mills = since MM arrived, Town's midfield has not been good.
That maybe down to the fact MM believes in route one football (he has been criticised for that at other clubs). For a while, when MM got Murphy functioning as the target man, that worked accordingly he could afford to ignore utilising the midfield as a prt of attacking football.
Since Murph left for pastures new MM has found it difficult to find a new working formula for his preferred tactics. For a short tiem this season he went to 'break-away' tactics but he has been found out, other teams (mostly) don't find it too difficult to overcome once they understand he has no plan B
Then there are the games where MM never sets out to win but to nulify the opposition again with no plan B.
I don't see MM changing his management career to a place where he engages in modern attacking football or to a formula he can change by running at the opposition & dictating play.
Occassionally maybe but not as a feature of ITFC under MM's TM.

Yes and just watch how MM will deal with Norwich.
CM next season - change... on 14:20 - Feb 14 with 2114 viewsNo9

CM next season - change... on 14:17 - Feb 14 by Pilgrimblue

Yes and just watch how MM will deal with Norwich.

Play for a draw - guaranteed but, if they take the lead he will have no plan B.
CM next season - change... on 15:32 - Feb 14 with 2036 viewsbraveblue

I would exclude Bishop, Hyam and Huws as all will miss mist of the season. Skuse us way off the pace and will only get worse. Starts to look a bit bare then. We just need to stop signing injury prone players.
CM next season - change... on 15:43 - Feb 14 with 2029 viewsNo9

CM next season - change... on 15:32 - Feb 14 by braveblue

I would exclude Bishop, Hyam and Huws as all will miss mist of the season. Skuse us way off the pace and will only get worse. Starts to look a bit bare then. We just need to stop signing injury prone players.

That has been obvious from the stands for a long while.
But, after all we are keyboard warriors.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024