Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do Palace still have cheerleaders? 08:52 - Feb 2 with 17023 viewsGeoffSentence

Or have they already lost their jobs?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 09:20 - Feb 2 with 8169 viewsACP84

One of my relations is a Crystal and she hasn't mentioned anything about it being ended
Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 09:22 - Feb 2 with 8169 viewsITFC_Forever

Apparently cheerleaders are different to grid girls, in that they have a talent (dancing)....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 09:38 - Feb 2 with 8141 viewsDeano69

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 09:22 - Feb 2 by ITFC_Forever

Apparently cheerleaders are different to grid girls, in that they have a talent (dancing)....

Where does this end?

Beach volleyball, swimmers, gymnasts?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 09:43 - Feb 2 with 8130 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 09:38 - Feb 2 by Deano69

Where does this end?

Beach volleyball, swimmers, gymnasts?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 09:47 - Feb 2 with 8124 viewschristiand

It’s all becoming a joke. People giving their opinion, but not directly involved. While those girls that are actually doing it, enjoy what they are doing. These feminists are causing people to lose out on work opportunities. Can they get sued for loss of earnings? That might make them think twice before opening their mouths.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 9:48]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 09:51 - Feb 2 with 8105 viewsDeano69

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 09:43 - Feb 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 09:53 - Feb 2 with 8103 viewsbluelou

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 09:47 - Feb 2 by christiand

It’s all becoming a joke. People giving their opinion, but not directly involved. While those girls that are actually doing it, enjoy what they are doing. These feminists are causing people to lose out on work opportunities. Can they get sued for loss of earnings? That might make them think twice before opening their mouths.

Won't somebody think of the grid girls?!

Give it a rest. They are all professional models, these jobs aren't their career.

Parading scantily clad women in front of a bunch of braying men with no purpose other than set dressing reduces them to objects and I don't want my sons to grow up thinking that is totally ok.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 09:57 - Feb 2 with 8091 viewsCurrie10

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 09:53 - Feb 2 by bluelou

Give it a rest. They are all professional models, these jobs aren't their career.

Parading scantily clad women in front of a bunch of braying men with no purpose other than set dressing reduces them to objects and I don't want my sons to grow up thinking that is totally ok.

If they hated it that much they'd have all clumped together and refused, instead of taking the £££££.

Can't hate it that much........
Login to get fewer ads

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 09:58 - Feb 2 with 8087 viewschristiand

Yes, but that’s their choice. Listening to the girls getting interviewed over the last couple of days they really like it and they no doubt get other opportunities. If they didn’t want to take the job, they can choose not to.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 10:04 - Feb 2 with 8076 viewstractorshark

World’s gone mad.
One of the F1 grid girls put something on twitter and the replies were at best extraordinary and at worst frightening.
People telling her the job of a grid girl is not a good example for a young girl. That it would be far more empowering if she was aspiring to be a driver or a race engineer.
Surely it is far more empowering for a girl to be whatever she wants to be without fear of judgement from men or women.
People are saying blame Liberty Media, they made the decision. Well, they’ve kept their cheerleaders at the Atlanta Braves, so it’s not a moral stance.
This is just another reaction to the clamour of a social media mob who like getting offended on behalf of others.
It’s a dangerous path that threatens free thinking and leads to censorship.
If you don’t like something, you don’t have to watch it, read it, eat it or agree with it.
But you don’t have the right to stop it, unless it is illegal.
You may not agree with me and that’s fine. Your views are just as valid as mine.
But I cannot get on board with campaigns that call for things to be banned on the basis it might offend someone.
The saddest thing in all of this is it actually deflects attention from the truly important issues of sexual inequality.
Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 10:08 - Feb 2 with 8054 viewsbrazil1982

Gender - neutral cheerleaders I've heard.

*runs*
Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 10:09 - Feb 2 with 8049 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Have to agree..

A colleague said something similar (we have both worked in sport for a few years)

The fact is Women’s sport is a growing force in the UK and beyond. That is women PLAYING sport, creating strong role models for people (in particular young girls). It is far greater inspiration watching women playing/competing in sport, whatever it sport it is, as opposed to watching women paraded as decoration.

In short.. the role of women in sport should be for more than decoration and titillation.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 10:15]
Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 10:10 - Feb 2 with 8048 viewsbluelou

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 09:57 - Feb 2 by Currie10

If they hated it that much they'd have all clumped together and refused, instead of taking the £££££.

Can't hate it that much........

Where have I said that they hate it?
I'm sure they enjoy it. But it's not about them. It's about how the practice is at odds with the modern inclusive nature of sport.

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 10:11 - Feb 2 with 8044 viewsbluelou

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 10:08 - Feb 2 by brazil1982

Gender - neutral cheerleaders I've heard.

*runs*

That's actually really common in the US. They have both male and female cheerleaders.

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 10:13 - Feb 2 with 8038 viewsunbelievablue

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 10:11 - Feb 2 by bluelou

That's actually really common in the US. They have both male and female cheerleaders.

Not at the NFL games I've attended.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 10:16 - Feb 2 with 8027 viewsITFC_Forever

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 10:09 - Feb 2 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Have to agree..

A colleague said something similar (we have both worked in sport for a few years)

The fact is Women’s sport is a growing force in the UK and beyond. That is women PLAYING sport, creating strong role models for people (in particular young girls). It is far greater inspiration watching women playing/competing in sport, whatever it sport it is, as opposed to watching women paraded as decoration.

In short.. the role of women in sport should be for more than decoration and titillation.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 10:15]

I know a few trophy girls / grid girls and a number of them race as well and / or play an active role in the organisation of the particular strand of motor sport in question.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 10:18 - Feb 2 with 8019 viewstextbackup

The ugly girls have really got a bee in bonnet over all this

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 10:21 - Feb 2 with 8012 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 09:47 - Feb 2 by christiand

Ironically its not feminists that are driving this, but male executives at the BBC and at the FIA

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 10:22 - Feb 2 with 8011 viewsunbelievablue

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 10:21 - Feb 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Ironically its not feminists that are driving this, but male executives at the BBC and at the FIA

Men can't be feminists?

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 10:25 - Feb 2 with 8002 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 10:22 - Feb 2 by unbelievablue

Men can't be feminists?

Not these men.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 11:04 - Feb 2 with 7955 viewsBlueBadger

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 10:04 - Feb 2 by tractorshark

World’s gone mad.
One of the F1 grid girls put something on twitter and the replies were at best extraordinary and at worst frightening.
People telling her the job of a grid girl is not a good example for a young girl. That it would be far more empowering if she was aspiring to be a driver or a race engineer.
Surely it is far more empowering for a girl to be whatever she wants to be without fear of judgement from men or women.
People are saying blame Liberty Media, they made the decision. Well, they’ve kept their cheerleaders at the Atlanta Braves, so it’s not a moral stance.
This is just another reaction to the clamour of a social media mob who like getting offended on behalf of others.
It’s a dangerous path that threatens free thinking and leads to censorship.
If you don’t like something, you don’t have to watch it, read it, eat it or agree with it.
But you don’t have the right to stop it, unless it is illegal.
You may not agree with me and that’s fine. Your views are just as valid as mine.
But I cannot get on board with campaigns that call for things to be banned on the basis it might offend someone.
The saddest thing in all of this is it actually deflects attention from the truly important issues of sexual inequality.

Possibly the scariest thing about all of this is that without scantily clad young ladies present people will start to realise how genuinely dull F1 is.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 11:09 - Feb 2 with 7951 viewsStokieBlue

What about this?

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2018/jan/31/manchester-art-gallery-remo

It's different I fully understand but part of the extended debate.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 11:20 - Feb 2 with 7914 viewsbluehook

I see that the Express, Mail, Sun, Metro and Star readers are out in force today on here.
Generously giving us all the benefit of their knowledge gleaned from the very fine rags listed above.
Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 11:29 - Feb 2 with 7892 viewsBlueBadger

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 10:16 - Feb 2 by ITFC_Forever

I know a few trophy girls / grid girls and a number of them race as well and / or play an active role in the organisation of the particular strand of motor sport in question.

The depressing thing about this is that I suspect that were they not happy to be grid girls in the first place they might not have had the opportunity to take an active role in the sport in the first place and any ability they had may very well have been ignored.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 11:31 - Feb 2 with 7897 viewsunbelievablue

Do Palace still have cheerleaders? on 11:29 - Feb 2 by BlueBadger

The depressing thing about this is that I suspect that were they not happy to be grid girls in the first place they might not have had the opportunity to take an active role in the sport in the first place and any ability they had may very well have been ignored.

That's such an assumption.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024