Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England fans at this years world cup 20:09 - Jan 30 with 6388 viewsgtsb1966

Only 26,000 requests for tickets and ranked 15th overall in terms of demand by countries. I can totally understand why the take up is low. Is anyone on here going. Good luck if you are. Personally I'd be too wary to enjoy it.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42832868
[Post edited 30 Jan 2018 20:22]
England fans at this years world cup on 20:13 - Jan 30 with 6354 viewsEdmundo

I would suspect a lot has changed since the Torpedo Moscow trip. Mind you the amount of armed police after the game outside the stadium was impressive even then!

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

England fans at this years world cup on 20:26 - Jan 30 with 6288 viewsEastTownBlue

England fans at this years world cup on 20:13 - Jan 30 by Edmundo

I would suspect a lot has changed since the Torpedo Moscow trip. Mind you the amount of armed police after the game outside the stadium was impressive even then!

I was on that trip, it was certainly an experience not to be forgotten. When we were out there it was the very early days of Putin. As you say, things will have changed a lot since.

I do wonder what the cities outside of Moscow and St Petersburg will be like this summer.
England fans at this years world cup on 20:45 - Jan 30 with 6229 viewssouthnorfolkblue

England fans at this years world cup on 20:13 - Jan 30 by Edmundo

I still remember being in the toilet at half time when one of the Russian cops offered to sell me his leather jacket for a 100 US Dollars. I wonder how far I would have got before being nicked....

Poll: Our final position

England fans at this years world cup on 21:12 - Jan 30 with 6115 viewsTractorWood

I've got enough caps and did all the Euro's but just can't justify the expense of this world cup. I'd make the effort if it was somewhere I wanted to go and was happy to spend a decent amount of time. I haven't applied for any tickets or spoken to more than a couple of people who are seriously considering going.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

England fans at this years world cup on 21:32 - Jan 30 with 6052 viewsBluedanW

England fans at this years world cup on 21:12 - Jan 30 by TractorWood

I've got enough caps and did all the Euro's but just can't justify the expense of this world cup. I'd make the effort if it was somewhere I wanted to go and was happy to spend a decent amount of time. I haven't applied for any tickets or spoken to more than a couple of people who are seriously considering going.

I was on that trip too. We were warned before the game about the torpedo fans.
Even when we were there the Russians we spoke to in Moscow would call the torpedo fans hooligans, so we were very wary going to the game especially on the underground. However we saw no trouble and I actually had a great laugh with some of their fans after the game and even came home with a souvenir torpedo head scarf which I obtained off one of their heads for a £1 coin.
I cannot say the same for their police/military. I was forced onto a bus, body searched and then had $50 taken out of my wallet. Then told I shouldn't drink before a game and should of had my papers.
So from my experience I would be more worried about the police than their fans
England fans at this years world cup on 21:33 - Jan 30 with 6047 viewshammo56

Going to the Belgium game on my own and when we reach the final will be there with my daughter!
I mean if people believe Town can still reach the playoffs then surely another miracle can happen.
England fans at this years world cup on 21:35 - Jan 30 with 6047 viewsEly_Blue

I just spent a week in Moscow for work reasons and I felt nothing but 100% safe, I guess wherever you go in the world if you are going to act like a hoolie then you are going to be a target for the local mob

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

England fans at this years world cup on 22:05 - Jan 30 with 5968 viewsLord_Lucan

England fans at this years world cup on 21:35 - Jan 30 by Ely_Blue

I just spent a week in Moscow for work reasons and I felt nothing but 100% safe, I guess wherever you go in the world if you are going to act like a hoolie then you are going to be a target for the local mob

Well that really isn't the case. If The Ruskie Hools get the green light from above they will attack all and sundry.

Funnily enough I don't think that the Russian mob will be allowed to go for it, the worlds spotlight will be on Russia and I think Putin will demand that Russia be shown in a good light. I reckon any Russian hoolies will be sent to the Gulag.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

England fans at this years world cup on 22:14 - Jan 30 with 5938 viewsStokieBlue

This isn't the issue at all.

You would be safe if there for work but the Russians will target England fans regardless of how you are acting as they will see it as a good challenge.

A lot of Russians have a very nationalistic mindset.

What Lucan says could be true though, they might be warned off beforehand.

SB
[Post edited 30 Jan 2018 22:15]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

England fans at this years world cup on 22:21 - Jan 30 with 5903 viewsgtsb1966

England fans at this years world cup on 22:14 - Jan 30 by StokieBlue

This isn't the issue at all.

You would be safe if there for work but the Russians will target England fans regardless of how you are acting as they will see it as a good challenge.

A lot of Russians have a very nationalistic mindset.

What Lucan says could be true though, they might be warned off beforehand.

SB
[Post edited 30 Jan 2018 22:15]

When you have Russian politicians praising their hoolies after the last world cup I can see nothing but carnage.
England fans at this years world cup on 22:24 - Jan 30 with 5889 viewsm14_blue

England fans at this years world cup on 21:12 - Jan 30 by TractorWood

I'm the same and so are all the lads I normally do England with. Marseille really wasn't pretty.

I actually think there'll be relatively little trouble but if you can't relax and enjoy the country between games then what's the point?

Not worth spending all that money to get bussed straight to the ground for a 0-0 draw with Tunisia.
England fans at this years world cup on 22:28 - Jan 30 with 5877 viewsTractorWood

This is so far wide of the mark and completely not what happened in Marseille, in my experience.

England fans at this years world cup on 22:34 - Jan 30 with 5824 viewsTractorWood

England fans at this years world cup on 22:24 - Jan 30 by m14_blue

I'm the same and so are all the lads I normally do England with. Marseille really wasn't pretty.

I actually think there'll be relatively little trouble but if you can't relax and enjoy the country between games then what's the point?

Not worth spending all that money to get bussed straight to the ground for a 0-0 draw with Tunisia.

I don't think they'll be much trouble but Marseille has put off so many England fans who've been following for decades. There will still be a hardcore of England fans who go but it just doesn't appeal. France had a huge number of England fans due to its proximity but also because it was so obviously the last decent opportunity for a proper, one county tournament in an accessible country with decent transport links.

England fans at this years world cup on 22:43 - Jan 30 with 5779 viewsFreddies_Ears

Put off by the very high prices, even if you're prepared to run the risk of being targeted by their state-sponsored ultras (Marseille wasn't pleasant in 2016).

Minimum cost of a trip to a single game is around £1,000. I'm out. (Did register for a ticket for the final, though "just in case" !!!).
England fans at this years world cup on 22:44 - Jan 30 with 5772 viewsFreddies_Ears

England fans at this years world cup on 21:32 - Jan 30 by BluedanW

I was on that trip too. We were warned before the game about the torpedo fans.
Even when we were there the Russians we spoke to in Moscow would call the torpedo fans hooligans, so we were very wary going to the game especially on the underground. However we saw no trouble and I actually had a great laugh with some of their fans after the game and even came home with a souvenir torpedo head scarf which I obtained off one of their heads for a £1 coin.
I cannot say the same for their police/military. I was forced onto a bus, body searched and then had $50 taken out of my wallet. Then told I shouldn't drink before a game and should of had my papers.
So from my experience I would be more worried about the police than their fans

I have a great souvenir - a Torpedo Hooligans scarf!!!
England fans at this years world cup on 22:46 - Jan 30 with 5769 viewshammo56

England fans at this years world cup on 22:34 - Jan 30 by TractorWood

I don't think they'll be much trouble but Marseille has put off so many England fans who've been following for decades. There will still be a hardcore of England fans who go but it just doesn't appeal. France had a huge number of England fans due to its proximity but also because it was so obviously the last decent opportunity for a proper, one county tournament in an accessible country with decent transport links.

Won’t be many fans going to Croatia in October after today’s announcement by UEFA.
Yet again another balls up! Thankfully for once I hadn’t rushed in to book flights. Not that worried as I have been to Croatia twice before to watch England play in Zagreb.
England fans at this years world cup on 23:24 - Jan 30 with 5656 viewsElderGrizzly

It has been made easier to get into Russia without visas for the summer, but you need a couple of extra ‘documents’ instead.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/05/will-you-need-a-visa-to-go-to-the-russia-2018-worl

We already know, the lack of more robust visa checks will let in a few more we’d rather weren’t there, but that is Russia’s call.

As always, morons will appear no matter the checks. Local and foreign

Our offcial guidance here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/be-on-the-ball-world-cup-2018-in-russia

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/621105
[Post edited 30 Jan 2018 23:25]
England fans at this years world cup on 00:53 - Jan 31 with 5575 viewsSomethingBlue

It will be absolutely fine. Sections of the media have done an absolute job on people.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

England fans at this years world cup on 06:22 - Jan 31 with 5432 viewskeanekipper

England fans at this years world cup on 22:43 - Jan 30 by Freddies_Ears

Put off by the very high prices, even if you're prepared to run the risk of being targeted by their state-sponsored ultras (Marseille wasn't pleasant in 2016).

Minimum cost of a trip to a single game is around £1,000. I'm out. (Did register for a ticket for the final, though "just in case" !!!).

Going to the belgium game and r16 (if we get through). flights cost about 140 to gdansk and coach from gdansk to kaliningrad 60£-£80 for the belgium game, just got to pray i get tickets.

Ive booked flights home the day after the game for one day then back out to moscow due to a wedding but that may have changed now so possibly staying in gdansk for an extra couple of days then flying to moscow from kaliningrad, to pick up hotel bookings etc for r16 in moscow if we finish 2nd and rostov if we finish 1st,but all of this has cost around £750-1.

The first two group games look a nightmare to get to expensive internal flights or long but free trains, so have avoided these.
England fans at this years world cup on 07:10 - Jan 31 with 5386 viewsCrofty

England fans at this years world cup on 06:22 - Jan 31 by keanekipper

Going to the belgium game and r16 (if we get through). flights cost about 140 to gdansk and coach from gdansk to kaliningrad 60£-£80 for the belgium game, just got to pray i get tickets.

Ive booked flights home the day after the game for one day then back out to moscow due to a wedding but that may have changed now so possibly staying in gdansk for an extra couple of days then flying to moscow from kaliningrad, to pick up hotel bookings etc for r16 in moscow if we finish 2nd and rostov if we finish 1st,but all of this has cost around £750-1.

The first two group games look a nightmare to get to expensive internal flights or long but free trains, so have avoided these.

Going to the Belgium game from Gdansk can't say having been twice before to Russia that it is my favourite place to visit but a few days in Poland with some mates should be good.
Not surprised people have been put off after Marseille but we heard all this before Ukraine and had an unbelievable good trip over their.
England fans at this years world cup on 07:52 - Jan 31 with 5322 viewshammo56

England fans at this years world cup on 07:10 - Jan 31 by Crofty

Going to the Belgium game from Gdansk can't say having been twice before to Russia that it is my favourite place to visit but a few days in Poland with some mates should be good.
Not surprised people have been put off after Marseille but we heard all this before Ukraine and had an unbelievable good trip over their.

Flying to Kaunas and getting coach from there.
Expecting a long wait at the border as no doubt they will want to check everything and keep us waiting as long as possible. Went to Moscow in 2007 when England played there and there were a few shall we say incidents, especially at the Hotel Cosmos but nothing like what happened in Marseille.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024