Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Emmanuel 12:29 - Jan 27 with 2113 viewsLesta_Tractor

Wikipedia says he’s only played five games for Rotherham this season, can’t see why his name keeps popping up when people are criticising MM.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Josh Emmanuel on 12:33 - Jan 27 with 2086 viewsGuthrum

People reaching for any available stick to beat an unpopular Manager, rather than sticking to justifiable criticism.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Josh Emmanuel on 12:34 - Jan 27 with 2083 viewsSomethingBlue

Use Soccerbase in future - he's made 19. You are right though, it's a drearily familiar case of people making something from not a lot.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Josh Emmanuel on 12:34 - Jan 27 with 2083 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Its remarkaable really. I really dont think the lad is championship quality. Would love him to kick on and make it but why people harp on about him not getting a chance (he did) and why others in ahead of him i just dont know. As soon as an Ipswich youth teamer gets a game the manager is hanged if he doesnt become a regular! Mick doesnt think hes up to his 1st team and now the Rotherham manager doesnt in L1. 'Fans' know best though!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Josh Emmanuel on 12:46 - Jan 27 with 2029 viewsTrumptonBlue

He played the first five games of the season and then picked up an injury. It took him a while to get back in the team - perhaps the guy who took his place had done well and didn't deserve to be left out? - but he regained his place at the end of October and has been a regular since. So Rotherham do seem to think he's good enough for League 1.

I'm not saying he should be an automatic choice for us but, based on the promise shown on occasions, I personally think we'd be better off giving him a chance to develop in our first team rather than using Iorfa.
Josh Emmanuel on 12:51 - Jan 27 with 2000 viewsGuthrum

Josh Emmanuel on 12:46 - Jan 27 by TrumptonBlue

He played the first five games of the season and then picked up an injury. It took him a while to get back in the team - perhaps the guy who took his place had done well and didn't deserve to be left out? - but he regained his place at the end of October and has been a regular since. So Rotherham do seem to think he's good enough for League 1.

I'm not saying he should be an automatic choice for us but, based on the promise shown on occasions, I personally think we'd be better off giving him a chance to develop in our first team rather than using Iorfa.

However, is Emmanuel better than Spence (also our own player), who will be back from suspension soon? Do we cut short his loan (which can only be done during the transfer window), losing valuable competitive playing experience, just for him to mostly sit on the bench for Ipswich?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Josh Emmanuel on 12:56 - Jan 27 with 1980 viewsDubtractor

I'm not sure many people have directly criticised Mick have they?

More just questioning why are developing Iorfa (who is rough around the edges) when we may as well have been playing Emmanuel (who is equally rough around the edges).

Though the extent to which grown men vent their anger towards Iorfa during games is a little embarrassing.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Josh Emmanuel on 12:58 - Jan 27 with 1970 viewsBluefish

Josh Emmanuel on 12:56 - Jan 27 by Dubtractor

More just questioning why are developing Iorfa (who is rough around the edges) when we may as well have been playing Emmanuel (who is equally rough around the edges).

Though the extent to which grown men vent their anger towards Iorfa during games is a little embarrassing.

Iorfa is 2nd choice here and Emmanuel is 1st choice there. It makes sense to me.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Josh Emmanuel on 13:00 - Jan 27 with 1961 viewsHerbivore

Josh Emmanuel on 12:46 - Jan 27 by TrumptonBlue

He wouldn't have made close to 19 appearances here so being at Rotherham and getting games is better for his development than playing the odd game here as back up for Spence.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Josh Emmanuel on 13:00 - Jan 27 with 1958 viewsDubtractor

Josh Emmanuel on 12:58 - Jan 27 by Bluefish

Iorfa is 2nd choice here and Emmanuel is 1st choice there. It makes sense to me.

I personally don't have a problem with it, just saying that I'm not sure people are really having a pop at Mick - the the target is Iorfa.

And as I said, the extent to which he is getting stick is embarrassing.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Josh Emmanuel on 13:08 - Jan 27 with 1924 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Josh Emmanuel on 12:56 - Jan 27 by Dubtractor

Agreed re iorfa. There has been a LOT of direct criticism of Mick on Emmanuel. Even mor on Kenlock which again is silly given how well Knudson has done this season. Mick has played more youth team players then just about any champ manager but still the boo boys on that topic.

I get the style of play issue. And it is an issue. Just the abuse on all the other stuff is nuts!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024