Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘10 German bombers’ 20:35 - Jan 14 with 13048 viewsclive_baker

From the Leeds fans, presumably prompted by the presence of our German friends who travelled in numbers and backed the town brilliantly, was probably the most tragic thing I’ve witnessed at a football match in ages. Absolute morons, I’m glad Celina’s screamer absolute p1ssed all over their big day out in ipswich. Cretins.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2018 21:00]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

‘10 German bombers’ on 20:42 - Jan 14 with 9119 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Perhaps I’m just childish but it raised a wry smile and chuckle from myself.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

‘10 German bombers’ on 20:43 - Jan 14 with 9118 viewssparks

‘10 German bombers’ on 20:42 - Jan 14 by The_Romford_Blue

Not sure childish is the word.

Childishness is great and should be retained by all adults on occasion imo.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

‘10 German bombers’ on 20:53 - Jan 14 with 9051 viewsDeano69

Pretty sure they also sang ‘you’re just a ground full of Germans’. Something like that.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

‘10 German bombers’ on 20:54 - Jan 14 with 9050 viewsBasuco

I am pleased that our friends from Fortuna enjoyed a good win and I also hope they enjoyed the great atmosphere created by having the increased away following, I bet they loved it despite the poor choice of song from the scum of yorkshire.
‘10 German bombers’ on 21:08 - Jan 14 with 8969 viewsLord_Lucan

I doubt they were as offended as Ipswich fans.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

‘10 German bombers’ on 21:09 - Jan 14 with 8967 viewsBlueorder

We should feel proud that our Mates from Germany came over and did their bit.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2018 21:13]
‘10 German bombers’ on 21:13 - Jan 14 with 8944 viewsSmithy

Didn't they have 2 Germans in their side?

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

‘10 German bombers’ on 21:15 - Jan 14 with 8932 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘10 German bombers’ on 21:09 - Jan 14 by Blueorder

We should feel proud that our Mates from Germany came over and did their bit.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2018 21:13]

I was quite hoping for a rendition of ‘1-0 to the germany’ might have begun after we scored but unfortunately not

Login to get fewer ads

‘10 German bombers’ on 21:29 - Jan 14 with 8845 viewsBlueorder

‘10 German bombers’ on 21:15 - Jan 14 by The_Romford_Blue

I was quite hoping for a rendition of ‘1-0 to the germany’ might have begun after we scored but unfortunately not

That would have been class.
‘10 German bombers’ on 21:32 - Jan 14 with 8844 viewsPlums

The line ‘the RAF of England’ in that song says all anybody need know about the ignorance of those who sing it.
The British forces and Dusseldorf are of course very well acquainted. I doubt it upset them much.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

‘10 German bombers’ on 21:43 - Jan 14 with 8790 viewsgtsb1966

A lot of people don't realise that the song is not a song originating from the terraces but was actually a patriotic song that originated during WW2. That's tonight's history lesson over.
‘10 German bombers’ on 21:45 - Jan 14 with 8765 viewsBrixtonBlue

‘10 German bombers’ on 20:43 - Jan 14 by sparks

Not sure childish is the word.

Childishness is great and should be retained by all adults on occasion imo.

Well said Bullers.

I get a lot of stick on here for similar (being called "Man Baby" for example) but I'd rather be this way than a boring old sod. My favourite quote is "Don't grow up, it's a trap".

If it weren't for childishness I'd still be stacking shelves. Long live childishness.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

‘10 German bombers’ on 21:47 - Jan 14 with 8746 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘10 German bombers’ on 21:43 - Jan 14 by gtsb1966

A lot of people don't realise that the song is not a song originating from the terraces but was actually a patriotic song that originated during WW2. That's tonight's history lesson over.

Somewhat incredibly, I actually knew that.

‘10 German bombers’ on 21:50 - Jan 14 with 8726 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

‘10 German bombers’ on 21:45 - Jan 14 by BrixtonBlue

Well said Bullers.

I get a lot of stick on here for similar (being called "Man Baby" for example) but I'd rather be this way than a boring old sod. My favourite quote is "Don't grow up, it's a trap".

If it weren't for childishness I'd still be stacking shelves. Long live childishness.

You think doing a kids job at Tesco was the mature thing to do? Think again
‘10 German bombers’ on 21:55 - Jan 14 with 8686 viewsBrixtonBlue

‘10 German bombers’ on 21:50 - Jan 14 by FrowsyArmLarry

You think doing a kids job at Tesco was the mature thing to do? Think again

Compared to what I do now, yes.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

‘10 German bombers’ on 03:38 - Jan 15 with 8304 viewsBenters2

Are you a Police man/person for the PC Brigade?

I said to Brogan in Mannings the Leeds fans will sing this song.

Please dont kill the Bantz.

Possibly one of the best atmospheres at PR this season,it was like the 'perfect storm'waiting to happen,and some want to moan about it.

Yes i did break bread with the Germans in Mannings God bless em,but its a football match and some people do shout nasty things.

A few around me were singing Istambul and the JS song.

May i suggest wearing earplugs to the next game,if you are of a gentle mind and nature?

Enjoy your day.
‘10 German bombers’ on 04:58 - Jan 15 with 8274 viewsBenters2

‘10 German bombers’ on 20:42 - Jan 14 by The_Romford_Blue

This.
‘10 German bombers’ on 05:15 - Jan 15 with 8263 viewsjeera

‘10 German bombers’ on 03:38 - Jan 15 by Benters2

Are you a Police man/person for the PC Brigade?

I said to Brogan in Mannings the Leeds fans will sing this song.

Please dont kill the Bantz.

Possibly one of the best atmospheres at PR this season,it was like the 'perfect storm'waiting to happen,and some want to moan about it.

Yes i did break bread with the Germans in Mannings God bless em,but its a football match and some people do shout nasty things.

A few around me were singing Istambul and the JS song.

May i suggest wearing earplugs to the next game,if you are of a gentle mind and nature?

Enjoy your day.

What is a PC Brigade?

What is joyful about 'nasty things' being shouted?

What is amusing about people being stabbed to death?

Why does disliking this ridiculous nonsense equate to needing earplugs and being of 'gentle mind'?

Which part of bottles et al being thrown towards families do you find funny?

Do you think it is right that children and maybe their mothers should be abused by grown men? If so, why?

What do you find funny about songs regarding German bombers?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

‘10 German bombers’ on 05:19 - Jan 15 with 8256 viewsBenters2

‘10 German bombers’ on 05:15 - Jan 15 by jeera

What is a PC Brigade?

Why does disliking this ridiculous nonsense equate to needing earplugs and being of 'gentle mind'?

Do you think it is right that children and maybe their mothers should be abused by grown men? If so, why?

Nice one.

I thought this was a thread about a song?

Where have you been?

Did you go Saturday?

Ive seen more people say they enjoyed the day that went then didnt.

Why are you always so angry?

Stick me back on your div list if you like?

Chill out.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 5:31]
‘10 German bombers’ on 05:39 - Jan 15 with 8227 viewsTractorWood

‘10 German bombers’ on 05:15 - Jan 15 by jeera

What is a PC Brigade?

All of these antics are tasteless (some bordering on really grim). However, the inevitability of it makes anyone shocked by it look a bit naïve and sheltered. It's 3,500 Leeds fans, what did people expect?

Club should have moved all home fans. No one was seemingly hurt to any extent and there were no arrests. Lesson learned you'd assume.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

‘10 German bombers’ on 06:17 - Jan 15 with 8178 viewsBenters2

‘10 German bombers’ on 05:39 - Jan 15 by TractorWood

All of these antics are tasteless (some bordering on really grim). However, the inevitability of it makes anyone shocked by it look a bit naïve and sheltered. It's 3,500 Leeds fans, what did people expect?

Club should have moved all home fans. No one was seemingly hurt to any extent and there were no arrests. Lesson learned you'd assume.

Cant see how anybody can be 'offended' if they didnt even go to the game!
‘10 German bombers’ on 07:55 - Jan 15 with 8032 viewsFriedie

Like a guy wrote here, its a football match and some people do shout nasty things.

Were we offended? I guess not. I even had to smile a bit.

We held responsibility for our past but we're not guilty, cause the thugs of 33-45 are nearly all dead now. And I believe, we Germans did quite well since 1945 and there were some good times before the Nazi-Era too in our history I guess. What would Wellingten have done at Waterloo against Napoleon without our old "Drunk" but very capable Blücher? ;)

For our Fortuna I can say, that the relationship with the british forces was quite good from the start. After all sports organisations in Germany were dsissolved directly after May 8th, 1945, Fortuna was allowed to play friendlies nevertheless, even at their officially confiscated home ground Flinger Broich. There were games between Fortuna and the British also, 4 of them alone in September 1945 against the Royal Engineers (8:1, 2:9, 2:2) and the 53rd Division (4:0, first game of Fortuna legend Matthes Mauritz, who passed away only last year). On Boxing Day 1945 Fortuna and the Royal Welsh Fusiliers eben "celebrated" Christmas together (6:2). All these friendlies had very good attendences between 10.000 and 20.000.

Finally I can state, since our first visit to Ipswich in 2006 I never heard of any odd behavior on both sides referring to WWII. I love the relationship between the fans of our two great football clubs, it's always a pleasure to be in Suffolk!

Walk on!
Friedie
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 8:12]
‘10 German bombers’ on 08:01 - Jan 15 with 8002 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘10 German bombers’ on 07:55 - Jan 15 by Friedie

Like a guy wrote here, its a football match and some people do shout nasty things.

We held responsibility for our past but we're not guilty, cause the thugs of 33-45 are nearly all dead now. And I believe, we Germans did quite well since 1945 and there were some good times before the Nazi-Era too in our history I guess. What would Wellingten have done at Waterloo against Napoleon without our old "Drunk" but very capable Blücher? ;)

For our Fortuna I can say, that the relationship with the british forces was quite good from the start. After all sports organisations in Germany were dsissolved directly after May 8th, 1945, Fortuna was allowed to play friendlies nevertheless, even at their officially confiscated home ground Flinger Broich. There were games between Fortuna and the British also, 4 of them alone in September 1945 against the Royal Engineers (8:1, 2:9, 2:2) and the 53rd Division (4:0, first game of Fortuna legend Matthes Mauritz, who passed away only last year). On Boxing Day 1945 Fortuna and the Royal Welsh Fusiliers eben "celebrated" Christmas together (6:2). All these friendlies had very good attendences between 10.000 and 20.000.

Finally I can state, since our first visit to Ipswich in 2006 I never heard of any odd behavior on both sides referring to WWII. I love the relationship between the fans of our two great football clubs, it's always a pleasure to be in Suffolk!

Walk on!
Friedie

As I said above, it raised a wry smile and a chuckle from myself. I hoped you all wouldn’t be offended by it though.

All I wanted to say was what a great job your boys did for the atmosphere Saturday. And it’s nice that we actually won when Fortuna were in town.

You are right, the relationship between the two clubs is great. Hopefully another pre season friendly is sorted out for the summer. I didn’t do it last time but I heard it was absolutely superb.

‘10 German bombers’ on 08:27 - Jan 15 with 7945 viewsLord_Lucan

Walk on!
Friedie

I'm more offended by "Walk on"

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

‘10 German bombers’ on 08:29 - Jan 15 with 7930 viewsBenters2

Walk on!
Friedie

Thank you for clearing that up! glad you had a great weekend.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024