Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? 17:39 - Jan 10 with 33230 viewsamy73

There will always be pressures and individual problems but, in general, the NHS seems to be in much better hands under the Tories. It’s never treated so many people so efficiently.

I think Labour are playing a dangerous game here by running it down.
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:41 - Jan 10 with 11148 viewsunbelievablue

3/10.

Maybe Labour should praise the Tories and their record?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:43 - Jan 10 with 11138 viewsGlasgowBlue

FFS. You are to the Tories what Archer and No9 are to Labour.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:58 - Jan 10 with 11110 viewsIllinoisblue

"in general"..... "seems to be"...... wanna put some meat on those bones?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 18:03 - Jan 10 with 11097 viewsBenters2

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:58 - Jan 10 by Illinoisblue

"in general"..... "seems to be"...... wanna put some meat on those bones?

Should you have posted that on the Callis thread?
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 18:23 - Jan 10 with 11057 viewsCaptMickMills

Jeremy Hunt is a disastrous Health Secretary and many of the problems are due to his miss management. Seems to want to privatise by stealth.

I am not a Labour voter but tempted to vote Labour next time to help save NHS
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 18:26 - Jan 10 with 11050 viewsmrshallisfit

What is the colour of the sky in your world Amy?
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 18:33 - Jan 10 with 11030 viewsGlasgowBlue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 18:23 - Jan 10 by CaptMickMills

Jeremy Hunt is a disastrous Health Secretary and many of the problems are due to his miss management. Seems to want to privatise by stealth.

I am not a Labour voter but tempted to vote Labour next time to help save NHS

A bankrupt economy under Labour would destroy the NHS. That said, it's an outdated system of health care that sees us lag far behind our European neighbours in survival rates.

This is well worth a read.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/01/the-nhs-cannot-heal-itself/

We have to see past the NHS as some sort of religion or envy of the world. It's neither. We should be able to discuss a better way of offering healthcare in this country.

Iron Lion Zion

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 18:46 - Jan 10 with 11017 viewsfactual_blue

Why did then theresa abjectly but insincerely apologise to the 17,000 people who had their operations cancelled at the end of December?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 19:30 - Jan 10 with 10961 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

......maybe stick to fresh veg and mayonnaise threads......although you were way off on that too thinking about it.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 19:49 - Jan 10 with 10934 viewshype313

If people stopped going to A&E with a cold then the NHS would function perfectly well.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 19:54 - Jan 10 with 10933 viewsLeoMuff

Anyone who works within the NHS is utterly convinced the recent Tory governments have one agenda, sweeping privatisation by under resourcing, demoralisation of workforce and destruction of service, ultimately leading to public dissatisfaction.

Then private companies to arrive on white horses to the rescue.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 19:57 - Jan 10 with 10922 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 19:49 - Jan 10 by hype313

If people stopped going to A&E with a cold then the NHS would function perfectly well.

The only people in A&E with colds are the staff.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 20:15 - Jan 10 with 10900 viewsTractorWood

Imaging paying £20 a month for a car and complaining that it doesn't park itself. People need to accept that you either need to fund it properly or accept it will be fall short of gold-plated expectation.

Seems to be a public rhetoric that it's like a religion and requires unlimited, unchallenged funding. It's the 5th biggest employer in the world and has a budget sufficient enough to make it a top 60 country if measured by GDP. That said, we are hopelessly reliant on it and all the good it does but whether that correlates to our investment in it is one for history to preside over.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 20:23 - Jan 10 with 10883 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 20:15 - Jan 10 by TractorWood

Imaging paying £20 a month for a car and complaining that it doesn't park itself. People need to accept that you either need to fund it properly or accept it will be fall short of gold-plated expectation.

Seems to be a public rhetoric that it's like a religion and requires unlimited, unchallenged funding. It's the 5th biggest employer in the world and has a budget sufficient enough to make it a top 60 country if measured by GDP. That said, we are hopelessly reliant on it and all the good it does but whether that correlates to our investment in it is one for history to preside over.

Exactly. We need an extra income tax of 10% from everyone right now. To appear separately from NI and PAYE or your wage slip.

Anyone who disagrees is a nazi
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 20:31 - Jan 10 with 10866 viewsTractorWood

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 20:23 - Jan 10 by FrowsyArmLarry

Exactly. We need an extra income tax of 10% from everyone right now. To appear separately from NI and PAYE or your wage slip.

Anyone who disagrees is a nazi

That's one approach or it could be stripped back to the life saving essentials at the point of need and operated effectively to release billions into the public coffers. I don't know the answers (obviously) and am not wedded to a vision of what it looks like but it can't continue in this quasi do everything really slowly and really inefficiently wasteland because it's this really unpredictable annual event called Christmas.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 20:38 - Jan 10 with 10857 viewsLeoMuff

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 20:31 - Jan 10 by TractorWood

That's one approach or it could be stripped back to the life saving essentials at the point of need and operated effectively to release billions into the public coffers. I don't know the answers (obviously) and am not wedded to a vision of what it looks like but it can't continue in this quasi do everything really slowly and really inefficiently wasteland because it's this really unpredictable annual event called Christmas.

The biggest single change would be to properly sort social care, there has been massive reductions
In central funding, meaning huge reduction in care at home, and beds in res homes and nursing homes. This means getting people out of hospital beds is impossible, thus getting people in is impossible.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 21:00 - Jan 10 with 10817 viewsPinewoodblue

The NHS is administratively a shambles. The purchasing policy needs a complete overhaul, they are wasting tens of millions. So much money wasted by paying over the odds for supplies, from the smallest items costing pence to larger items costing six figures.

American friends who have enjoyed treatment on the NHS think it is wonderful. In the last twelve months two friends have been into A&E (London & Liverpool) offered to pay for the treatment they received, neither works in the UK, and been told it is on us no charge.

One even had CT and MRI scans.

A friend suggested this week that the real reason for the postponement of routine operations had more to do with staff being encouraged not to take leave, and the need to get holidays in before the end of the financial year.( This may be fake news as haven't seen it suggested in the press)

Personally have had too much contact with NHS & Social Services in the past twelve months and have been astounded by some of the things I have experienced,seen or heard.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 21:09 - Jan 10 with 10804 viewsSteve_M

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 18:33 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

A bankrupt economy under Labour would destroy the NHS. That said, it's an outdated system of health care that sees us lag far behind our European neighbours in survival rates.

This is well worth a read.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/01/the-nhs-cannot-heal-itself/

We have to see past the NHS as some sort of religion or envy of the world. It's neither. We should be able to discuss a better way of offering healthcare in this country.

How much did your lot waste on the Health and Social Care Act again?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 21:13 - Jan 10 with 10796 viewsLord_Lucan

My mates 90 odd year old Mum went for an eye examination in Harlow hospital today. They have two machines and both are bust. One was already bust and the other must have bust last night or this morning. Apparently it is £5k per machine to fix and they can’t afford it. My mate asked why they haven’t got a service contract only to be told they couldn’t afford it.

I think they wheeled out a 30 year old machine in the end. Mateys Mum has got severe dementia and has been a big battleaxe since she was middle aged. Just spoke to matey and he’s worn out.

This government is in charge of a broken NHS - quite literally. Labour historically has done no better and I can’t see them doing any better now - given the chance.

No one wants to mention the unmentionable.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 21:14 - Jan 10 with 10790 viewsgerard1947

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 20:38 - Jan 10 by LeoMuff

The biggest single change would be to properly sort social care, there has been massive reductions
In central funding, meaning huge reduction in care at home, and beds in res homes and nursing homes. This means getting people out of hospital beds is impossible, thus getting people in is impossible.

I agree. My Wife's mum is 98, she has dementia, recognises no one or thing, cannot move anything except one arm, is turned every 2 hours to prevent bedsores, cannot feed herself and is doubly incontinent. She pays £1000+ per week, so far she has paid well over £200,000 in care fees. We don't have a problem with her paying, it's her money, we want the best care that's available for her.

Anyone that cannot pay quite correctly have their fees paid by the local authority. The local authority however pays less than £500 per week which is below the actual cost of caring for someone with complex needs. As a result more and more homes are refusing to take local authority funded patients. They'd rather have empty rooms than loss making ones. As a result an increasing number of elderly patients cannot be discharged from hospital because no carehome beds can be found for them.
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 21:21 - Jan 10 with 10768 viewsGlasgowBlue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 21:09 - Jan 10 by Steve_M

How much did your lot waste on the Health and Social Care Act again?

My lot? See what I mean. People can't have a mature debate about the future of the health service in this country without trying to score political points.

It should be taken completely out of the hands of politicians. We should look at why no other developed country models their health provision on the NHS. Meanwhile we lagg behind our European neighbours on survival rates.

Iron Lion Zion

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 21:28 - Jan 10 with 10764 viewsSwansea_Blue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 21:21 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

My lot? See what I mean. People can't have a mature debate about the future of the health service in this country without trying to score political points.

It should be taken completely out of the hands of politicians. We should look at why no other developed country models their health provision on the NHS. Meanwhile we lagg behind our European neighbours on survival rates.

Er, he was actually replying to your claim that Labour would bankrupt the economy and destroy the NHS.

Which may or may not be likely, but since when is the right of reply not allowed on here?

In the interests of balance the performance of the NHS in Wales under Labour is sh*t. But they (and the hospitals) blame Westminster for squeezing budgets.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 21:32 - Jan 10 with 10765 viewsTaricco_Fan

Let's not forget that Labour had 13 years to get the NHS into better shape and failed to do so. The Tories have had ample time over the years to privatise it...and haven't. It's not a black-and-white Labour=good, Tories=bad issue.

Labour use the NHS as a political football. Always have done.

The elephant in the room is immigration, which is putting huge stress on the NHS. It's not just an ageing population to blame, the NHS is being abused by health tourists. Easy problem to solve if the political will is there.

Then you have the issue of chronic waste in the NHS, paying well over the odds for basic medicines and provisions. Also the layers and layers of management, admin, 'diversity officers' and whatnot costing the service a fortune.

Basically I believe there are ways the NHS can at least attempt to get its house in order before more and more money is thrown at it (something which hasn't worked thus far).

Cue: the down votes.
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 21:39 - Jan 10 with 10740 viewsBergholtBru

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 21:32 - Jan 10 by Taricco_Fan

Let's not forget that Labour had 13 years to get the NHS into better shape and failed to do so. The Tories have had ample time over the years to privatise it...and haven't. It's not a black-and-white Labour=good, Tories=bad issue.

Labour use the NHS as a political football. Always have done.

The elephant in the room is immigration, which is putting huge stress on the NHS. It's not just an ageing population to blame, the NHS is being abused by health tourists. Easy problem to solve if the political will is there.

Then you have the issue of chronic waste in the NHS, paying well over the odds for basic medicines and provisions. Also the layers and layers of management, admin, 'diversity officers' and whatnot costing the service a fortune.

Basically I believe there are ways the NHS can at least attempt to get its house in order before more and more money is thrown at it (something which hasn't worked thus far).

Cue: the down votes.

Are Labour actually taken seriously anymore? Stuff the down votes!!!

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 21:40 - Jan 10 with 10739 viewsLord_Lucan

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 21:14 - Jan 10 by gerard1947

I agree. My Wife's mum is 98, she has dementia, recognises no one or thing, cannot move anything except one arm, is turned every 2 hours to prevent bedsores, cannot feed herself and is doubly incontinent. She pays £1000+ per week, so far she has paid well over £200,000 in care fees. We don't have a problem with her paying, it's her money, we want the best care that's available for her.

Anyone that cannot pay quite correctly have their fees paid by the local authority. The local authority however pays less than £500 per week which is below the actual cost of caring for someone with complex needs. As a result more and more homes are refusing to take local authority funded patients. They'd rather have empty rooms than loss making ones. As a result an increasing number of elderly patients cannot be discharged from hospital because no carehome beds can be found for them.

And let me tell you, £1000 a week is very cheap. You can expect to pay double that in some homes - at least

It also raises another issue about funded care - but I think we ought to swerve that one.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024