Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday 10:27 - Jan 7 with 5504 viewsBrixtonBlue

and I can't see what all the fuss is about. They looked perfectly respectable to me. Am I missing something?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 10:29 - Jan 7 with 5491 viewsHerbivore

This is one of the more bizarre things our fans fixate on, my ST is in the North stand and I really don't see what the fuss is about.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 10:50 - Jan 7 with 5418 viewsBrixtonBlue

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 10:29 - Jan 7 by Herbivore

This is one of the more bizarre things our fans fixate on, my ST is in the North stand and I really don't see what the fuss is about.

I'm in the NS normally so I thought maybe I just couldn't see it as it's at the front or on top that's bad. But I was in the Co-op stand yesterday and still couldn't see anything wrong with the NS roof.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 10:54 - Jan 7 with 5412 viewsSteve_M

If you normally come from he station then you won't have seen the roof at the back, as it curves it's covered in grime and dirt and looks awful. I think it's such an irritation because it's a nice metaphor for the amount of care ME has in the club.

Also, look at the metalwork above immediately before you go through the turnstiles, paint peeling. Just a lack of care and unwillingness to spend anything on more than basic maintenance.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 10:56 - Jan 7 with 5390 viewsTractorWood

The tarpaulin at the back of the North looks pretty shabby too. Hung up with string.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 11:03 - Jan 7 with 5355 viewsuefacup81

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 10:56 - Jan 7 by TractorWood

The tarpaulin at the back of the North looks pretty shabby too. Hung up with string.

I assume that was meant to be a similar bar setup to in the Churchmans, but they've decided not to finish it off?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 11:16 - Jan 7 with 5328 viewsBrixtonBlue

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 10:54 - Jan 7 by Steve_M

If you normally come from he station then you won't have seen the roof at the back, as it curves it's covered in grime and dirt and looks awful. I think it's such an irritation because it's a nice metaphor for the amount of care ME has in the club.

Also, look at the metalwork above immediately before you go through the turnstiles, paint peeling. Just a lack of care and unwillingness to spend anything on more than basic maintenance.

Yeah, I come from the station so I don't see the back of the North roof.

What about the complaints about the statues? I had a good look at Sir Bob as I headed back to the station and he looked resplendent.

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 11:17 - Jan 7 with 5319 viewsBrixtonBlue

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 10:56 - Jan 7 by TractorWood

I've not noticed that either.

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 11:20 - Jan 7 with 5309 viewsDyland

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 11:16 - Jan 7 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah, I come from the station so I don't see the back of the North roof.

What about the complaints about the statues? I had a good look at Sir Bob as I headed back to the station and he looked resplendent.

Not noticed any complaints about the statues. Except as jokey comments when talking about the ground in general.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 11:22]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 11:21 - Jan 7 with 5308 viewsDubtractor

It's not the end of the world, but as Steve said, it kind of sums up the overall state of things.

Much like the buddleia growing out of the Churchmans roof near the tannoy speakers.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 11:48 - Jan 7 with 5229 viewsRyorry

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 10:29 - Jan 7 by Herbivore

It's a serious structural issue according to this poster (ITFC_Blood) - who wrote the report on it!

North Stand roof. Stop banging on about cleaning it! by amy73 6 Jan 2018 5:49
I wish people would stop this nonsense. Do you know how much it would cost to clean it? And for what? Money down the drain! It’s a football Stand FFS, not your car! Perhaps we can start on the A14 central reservation barrier next, that looks pretty grubby.

[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 11:49]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 12:10 - Jan 7 with 5184 viewsBenters2

I am missing something? well yes you are if you cant see all that manky old sh1t on the overhang of the NS roof.

Should have gone to specsavers.
I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 14:21 - Jan 7 with 5057 viewsITFC_Forever

So you can’t see the green sludge all over the back curved area?

Churchmans roof is the same. Went on a stadium tour with my daughter a year ago, and standing by the tunnel entrance looking up at the roof, the perspex is covered in green slime.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 14:51 - Jan 7 with 4991 viewsBrixtonBlue

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 14:21 - Jan 7 by ITFC_Forever

So you can’t see the green sludge all over the back curved area?

Churchmans roof is the same. Went on a stadium tour with my daughter a year ago, and standing by the tunnel entrance looking up at the roof, the perspex is covered in green slime.

Have you read the rest of the thread?

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 14:54 - Jan 7 with 4977 viewsRyorry

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 14:51 - Jan 7 by BrixtonBlue

Have you read the rest of the thread?

Have you seen this? (I posted the link above)

'North Stand roof. Stop banging on about cleaning it! on 11:04 - Jan 6 with 152 views ITFC_Blood'

"More concerning is the Steel frame corrosion.

Which the club has been told about last 10 years.

That’s the Steel that holds the roof up.

How do I know? I wrote the report.

They don’t do any recommendations which will in turn cost more.

Same applies to South".

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 14:58 - Jan 7 with 4962 viewsBrixtonBlue

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 14:54 - Jan 7 by Ryorry

Have you seen this? (I posted the link above)

'North Stand roof. Stop banging on about cleaning it! on 11:04 - Jan 6 with 152 views ITFC_Blood'

"More concerning is the Steel frame corrosion.

Which the club has been told about last 10 years.

That’s the Steel that holds the roof up.

How do I know? I wrote the report.

They don’t do any recommendations which will in turn cost more.

Same applies to South".

Yes I saw it, thanks.

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 15:40 - Jan 7 with 4884 viewsTaricco_Fan

The Sir Alf is becoming an eco stand, such is the prevalence of foliage growing under the roof.
I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 16:43 - Jan 7 with 4820 viewsRyorry

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 15:40 - Jan 7 by Taricco_Fan

The Sir Alf is becoming an eco stand, such is the prevalence of foliage growing under the roof.

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 18:31 - Jan 7 with 4751 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 15:40 - Jan 7 by Taricco_Fan

Buddliea,s that size cost £25 at the garden centre..........We are the Forest Green Rovers of the championship.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 19:23 - Jan 7 with 4691 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

There's so much wrong with this thread.
I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 19:38 - Jan 7 with 4658 viewsBrixtonBlue

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 19:23 - Jan 7 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

There's so much wrong with this thread.

eh?

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 15:41 - Jan 8 with 4491 viewsTractorWood

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 11:17 - Jan 7 by BrixtonBlue

I've not noticed that either.

I think it just covers exposed brickwork where I assume a bar or a box may have been planned. I don't know in all honesty but it looks shabby. I had a ST for a few years towards the back of section 6 but on the cusp of section 5 and saw it every time I bounded up the stairs at 2:59.

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 15:44 - Jan 8 with 4481 viewsPhilTWTD

That's been there since it was built. Not sure why. There are slats behind it which open to allow wind to get to the pitch to help it grow.
I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 15:49 - Jan 8 with 4459 viewsBenters2

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 15:44 - Jan 8 by PhilTWTD

That's been there since it was built. Not sure why. There are slats behind it which open to allow wind to get to the pitch to help it grow.

Didnt they have plans to put a proper slatted cover on that but went for the tarp option instead?

I seem to remember talking about that ages ago with you.Its certainly not the finished job is it!
I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 08:32 - Jan 9 with 4325 viewsTractorWood

It does seem to be some sort hot button issue. I usually come from the station (or the Arcade Tavern) so can't say I've ever really noticed it. The ground is a mix of old and new, contemporary and shabby. Part of its charm for me. If there were thousands available for cosmetic maintenance, we should sort it out but it's clearly not the case.

I've been to lots of grounds with Ipswich and England and to be honest all grounds have the pros and cons. Fulham's away end is the only one I think is structurally questionable.

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 08:39 - Jan 9 with 4319 viewsSteve_M

I had a good look at the North Stand roof and Sir Bobby yesterday on 08:32 - Jan 9 by TractorWood

It does seem to be some sort hot button issue. I usually come from the station (or the Arcade Tavern) so can't say I've ever really noticed it. The ground is a mix of old and new, contemporary and shabby. Part of its charm for me. If there were thousands available for cosmetic maintenance, we should sort it out but it's clearly not the case.

I've been to lots of grounds with Ipswich and England and to be honest all grounds have the pros and cons. Fulham's away end is the only one I think is structurally questionable.

Gillingham's is worse. I've never thought Fulham is too bad but that really did feel like something put up as part of one of those weekend fairs.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024