Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm as angry today as I have been for a long time with ITFC 17:41 - Jan 6 with 2475 viewsclive_baker

I don't expect to always win football matches. Let's be honest, if we did none of us would support Ipswich. What I do expect however is a level of commitment and application from all involved to approach each match with the strongest desire to try and win.

No doubt I'll be accused of 'flouncing', but hopefully anyone who has ever read my posts would agree I'm generally pretty pragmatic, particularly regarding player sales. I don't resent us buying Moore for £20k and selling him on for £750k. Nor would I particularly resent us selling Bart if we had an offer of the £4m being spoken about. We need to operate sustainably and have an obligation to do so. I never want to see this club in administration again like we were before and I'm sensitive to the challenges we face financially. We have an obligation that reaches far beyond football in that respect, such as protecting the livelihoods of stakeholders including local businesses that historically we didn't do well enough. On the subject of selling players, Mick pointed to the fact that Moore is unlikely to get ahead of Waghorn and Garner in the pecking order and therefore is happy to sell, and I can't disagree with that.

What angers me is that we had a winnable tie today against a Sheffield United side that had made 8 changes, and Mick decided to leave his aforementioned preferred front 2 on the bench in favour of Sears who quite frankly hasn't in recent months earned that right to start for us.

I don't care if there were 10,000 or 30,000 Town fans there today, or if they paid £10 or £30 for their ticket, the level of contempt we've shown to cup competitions since Mick took over is disgusting. I could've perhaps accepted this is we were in danger of going down, or with a sniff of going up this season and Mick prioritised the league, but given we effectively have nothing to play for I find it staggering.

On the 40th year anniversary of when this once proud club lifted the FA Cup trophy we've rolled over and bowed out of the competition with the most gutless performance, with not a single shot on target. Russell Osman was spot on this week when he said Mick owes it to supporters to pick he best side and he's not done that. I often find myself disappointed with this club, but I've not been this angry for a long time.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I'm as angry today as I have been for a long time with ITFC on 17:43 - Jan 6 with 2436 viewsHipsterectomy

The guys is an absolute disgrace and I hope the club are embarrassed in a year of celebrating what past generations achieved. One memory etched in my head is when Lincoln scored the winner last year and his shrug and laughter

Cnt

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

on 17:46 - Jan 6 with 2390 views_

I'm as angry today as I have been for a long time with ITFC on 17:48 - Jan 6 with 2360 viewsmadmouse1959

Now listen to McCarthy saying he was happy with performance !!!!!! FFS.
Same old "matter of fact" ....depressing interview. Why not ask him why he did not use the subs bench players ?

shampoo dave

I'm as angry today as I have been for a long time with ITFC on 17:57 - Jan 6 with 2305 viewsKeaneish

Another year on and the same conversation surfaces. 6 years into MM's tenure and it's the same annual scenario. Couldn't agree any more with your post and from what i've read, you've also played the game at a decent level. I can honestly say that at no point in my career did we ever play aside where we never registered a shot on goal (maybe once when the wind changed direction at half time and we spent 90 minutes in our own half). Its become a familiar story with Mick though. His disdain for the FA Cup from a 'proud' Yorkshireman is deplorable and his inability to lead a side to register a shot on target has to question his current ability to lead this club.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I'm as angry today as I have been for a long time with ITFC on 17:58 - Jan 6 with 2278 viewscaught-in-limbo

"I don't care if there were 10,000 or 30,000 Town fans there today, or if they paid £10 or £30 for their ticket, the level of contempt we've shown to cup competitions since Mick took over is disgusting."

That's a great point. It's also got nothing to do with Marcus Evans.

And the result of this staggering disrespect to cup competitions is a disgruntled fan base and usually a run of poor form throughout January.

So little to get excited about.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

I'm as angry today as I have been for a long time with ITFC on 18:17 - Jan 6 with 2184 viewsrfretwell

I'm as angry today as I have been for a long time with ITFC on 17:58 - Jan 6 by caught-in-limbo

"I don't care if there were 10,000 or 30,000 Town fans there today, or if they paid £10 or £30 for their ticket, the level of contempt we've shown to cup competitions since Mick took over is disgusting."

And the result of this staggering disrespect to cup competitions is a disgruntled fan base and usually a run of poor form throughout January.

Well said all. Its time the fans stage a mass boycott of cup matches unless MM goes.
I'm as angry today as I have been for a long time with ITFC on 19:58 - Jan 6 with 1983 viewsclive_baker

I'm as angry today as I have been for a long time with ITFC on 18:17 - Jan 6 by rfretwell

Well said all. Its time the fans stage a mass boycott of cup matches unless MM goes.

Unfortunately think there will be any cup matches to boycott, unless he's here next season. If that's the case it won't just be cup matches i'll stay away from. I'm done.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I'm as angry today as I have been for a long time with ITFC on 20:05 - Jan 6 with 1970 viewsSuperfrans

As someone who went all the way to Manchester Utd a couple of seasons back, I thought it was a pretty strong team, stronger than I’d expected. I assumed the players didn’t apply themselves, but apparently they did.

Fact us, if we’d fielded Garner, Skuse (who have both carried injuries recently) and Waghorn and any of them had got injured, we’d be kicking ourselves.

I do wish we generally took more notice of the cups, but I’m not sure today is the nadir in that respect.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

I'm as angry today as I have been for a long time with ITFC on 20:39 - Jan 6 with 1873 viewsNo9

I'm as angry today as I have been for a long time with ITFC on 17:43 - Jan 6 by Hipsterectomy

The guys is an absolute disgrace and I hope the club are embarrassed in a year of celebrating what past generations achieved. One memory etched in my head is when Lincoln scored the winner last year and his shrug and laughter

Cnt

He has 5 managerial positions (inc Town) has only achieved 2 honours and at only 2 clubs has he got into the 40% win category.

I never thought he would be good for ITFC but, what can we do about it?
I'm as angry today as I have been for a long time with ITFC on 21:09 - Jan 6 with 1806 viewsBloomBlue

I'm as angry today as I have been for a long time with ITFC on 20:39 - Jan 6 by No9

He has 5 managerial positions (inc Town) has only achieved 2 honours and at only 2 clubs has he got into the 40% win category.

I never thought he would be good for ITFC but, what can we do about it?

So the next town manager needs to have won at least 2 tropies, I'm sure given our history Pep will jump at the chance
I'm as angry today as I have been for a long time with ITFC on 21:12 - Jan 6 with 1800 viewsGuthrum

I'm as angry today as I have been for a long time with ITFC on 17:58 - Jan 6 by caught-in-limbo

That's the most annoying aspect to the situation. If not bothering with the cups was parlayed into League success, it might be ok(ish). But it isn't. January always turns out to be a poor month.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024