Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy with Moore going? 08:58 - Jan 5 with 696 viewsthorpedo

I don't understand why most people seem to be happy with selling him - even if we do get 750k. Surely he is worth keeping as the next manager (or even Mick if he stays) may want/need him next season. McGoldrick won't be here, and I'd be surprised if Sears stays, so that will only leave us with Waghorn and Garner up front
I can't see that we will spend the fee, and even if we spend the whole amount, would we sign anyone better than Moore for that fee? It will hardly make a dent in our debt - may just cover some wages for a month. Seems a bit of a short-sighted sale to me. I think Moore has the potential to be a decent Championship player, and will be sad to see him go.

Thorpedo

A few things on this on 09:40 - Jan 5 with 668 viewsBobbychase

1 Fans who I know who go home and away still think he is awful and having a purple patch so we should cash in and anything above £500k is superb business. That's their opinion not mine but they've seen far more of Moore than I have.

2 That said, can any of us really express a firm opinion on him? He played a few fleeting games for Town and unless someone on here has been watching Rotherham regularly, we're all largely in the dark. so when someone says "I think Moore has the potential to.." you have to ask based on what.

3 That's what we don't know. What we do know is that we took him not from Forest Green's first team but their reserves for £20k and now we might get in the region of £600-700k for him, at the same time we've spent £90k on a promising young striker from Ireland who people who've watched him are raving about. For a club in our position (playing in a half empty stadium and with limited resources) that's excellent business.

4 I note, with a heavy heart, that as usual Mick is not allowed to be given credit for anything. By all means criticise his team selection and tactics but his record for us in the transfer market is largely excellent. Mings - £10k to £8m. Moore - £20k to £600k ish. Daryl Murphy - free transfer. Garner and Waghorn (both curently in the Championship top scorer charts) a million between them.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Happy with Moore going? on 09:51 - Jan 5 with 642 viewschristiand

Moore's market value is probably at its highest now, so why not cash in? Have you considered Thorpedo perhaps Moore wants to go too? Surely, as a professional footballer you want to play regularly and score goals - be the main man for your side - he simply won't get that here with the players that are ahead of him. MM has said this on a few occasions in press conferences, he thinks those currently at Ipswich are better options. I think we seem to forget that Kieffer Moore is a 25 year old man not a teenager starting his career, he has already lost time through not playing with previous clubs, now the time is right for him to kick on with his career.

There is no guarantee that a new manager would want him either, they normally have their own players that they like to bring in. For me, there are too many 'if and buts'. Nevertheless, at a reported £750,000, I do believe that is good business for all parties and another bit of shrewd business by MM.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 9:54]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Happy with Moore going? on 10:01 - Jan 5 with 609 viewsnoggin

Happy with Moore going? on 09:51 - Jan 5 by christiand

Moore's market value is probably at its highest now, so why not cash in? Have you considered Thorpedo perhaps Moore wants to go too? Surely, as a professional footballer you want to play regularly and score goals - be the main man for your side - he simply won't get that here with the players that are ahead of him. MM has said this on a few occasions in press conferences, he thinks those currently at Ipswich are better options. I think we seem to forget that Kieffer Moore is a 25 year old man not a teenager starting his career, he has already lost time through not playing with previous clubs, now the time is right for him to kick on with his career.

There is no guarantee that a new manager would want him either, they normally have their own players that they like to bring in. For me, there are too many 'if and buts'. Nevertheless, at a reported £750,000, I do believe that is good business for all parties and another bit of shrewd business by MM.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 9:54]

Cash in and pay off a bit of the debt. Always good advice to reduce debt.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024