Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? 02:29 - Jan 5 with 12694 viewsRyorry

When I started following us in the mid 1970s we were 1. Successful 2. Attractive to watch 3. Had a Chairman and Board who were shrewd football people. 4. Respected as a well run family club in every way, incl care of pitch, ground & fans.

We haven't a single one of those right now. I've never been so depressed as a Town fan, and as we long-standing oldies drift away, I don't see how we can be attracting any newbies in. Feels like a downward spiral. Something has to change if that's going to be prevented.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 19:42 - Jan 5 with 1314 viewsRyorry

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 19:35 - Jan 5 by longtimefan

Then you would have been in a very long queue in those days

Must admit I very rarely use football ground ladies 'facilities' precisely because they've generally been very limited/poor everywhere until quite recently (I live in Yorks & only go to a few away games in North these days). Bradford were the worst, absolutely disgusting. Pub toilets always seemed preferable!

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 19:43 - Jan 5 with 1313 viewslongtimefan

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 19:38 - Jan 5 by Lord_Lucan

If we are talking owners / Chairman I felt just as down under Patrick Cobbold and John Kerr except for the fact that I think I had more hope then - if you know what I mean.

Marcus is a strange one that's for sure but without him we could be in what I still refer to as division 3 or 4

The West Stand was blamed back in early 80's for our demise and some blame the new North for our troubles under Sheepys latter days but they both had to be done, can you imagine our stadium with the old Churchmans and North Stand cow sheds.

Personally I’d quite happily go back to the old North and Churchmans stands. Far more atmosphere with the low roof and full.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 19:44]
Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 19:45 - Jan 5 with 1307 viewsjas0999

If we sell Bart, McGoldrick and Moore - and spend no money other than a few loans I for one won’t renew my season ticket. End of. We need to build a squad and at this point a short term loan is pointless.
Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 19:50 - Jan 5 with 1297 viewsHerbivore

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 19:38 - Jan 5 by Lord_Lucan

If we are talking owners / Chairman I felt just as down under Patrick Cobbold and John Kerr except for the fact that I think I had more hope then - if you know what I mean.

Marcus is a strange one that's for sure but without him we could be in what I still refer to as division 3 or 4

The West Stand was blamed back in early 80's for our demise and some blame the new North for our troubles under Sheepys latter days but they both had to be done, can you imagine our stadium with the old Churchmans and North Stand cow sheds.

Hope is an odd one though isn't it? We had it in bucket loads again in 2014/15 despite Evans already scaling back his backing. As recently as 3 or 4 weeks ago there was a good dose of hope floating around the place again, especially after the run of Preston, Sheffield Wednesday, Forest and Reading at home where we were scoring goals and playing well. A poor 4 game run and people are up for using all the Kieffer Moore money to get rid of Mick 4 months early. I think some of it is modern football to be honest, people seem to have bigger expectations and want quicker results and we look well off the pace in terms of going anywhere, but then we have done in the past too and turned it around. When I look at our squad and especially the youngsters coming through there's plenty of reason to be optimistic, Mick needs to go for that optimism to really flourish though I think.

As for the stands, agree they needed to be done. I'd maybe have held off for a year on the North as it would have enabled us to (hopefully) establish ourselves a bit more in the Prem first. Also, it noticeably affected the atmosphere at home that season and that may have been worth a point or two come the end of the season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 19:52 - Jan 5 with 1294 viewsLord_Lucan

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 19:43 - Jan 5 by longtimefan

Personally I’d quite happily go back to the old North and Churchmans stands. Far more atmosphere with the low roof and full.

But if you saw the stadium tomorrow as it was it would look an eyesore - you have to move forward.

The main reason why there is no atmosphere is because watching ITFC is boring and depressing. New stadiums and stands sometimes don't help and the two tier NS isn't great - however under Burley, Alex Ferguson said it was hard playing at PR because of the noise from the crowd - and it was reported that the roar was like a jumbo jet taking off.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 19:52 - Jan 5 with 1295 viewsHerbivore

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 19:45 - Jan 5 by jas0999

If we sell Bart, McGoldrick and Moore - and spend no money other than a few loans I for one won’t renew my season ticket. End of. We need to build a squad and at this point a short term loan is pointless.

Will the new manager want the players Mick signs?

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 19:59 - Jan 5 with 1289 viewsPhilTWTD

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 19:52 - Jan 5 by Herbivore

Will the new manager want the players Mick signs?

Think MM's point was more that there are limited players available at often over inflated prices at this time of the year, hence the greater likelihood of loans or Bosmans. But that is a further reason not to bring players in on a permanent basis now.
Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 20:04 - Jan 5 with 1278 viewsHerbivore

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 19:59 - Jan 5 by PhilTWTD

Think MM's point was more that there are limited players available at often over inflated prices at this time of the year, hence the greater likelihood of loans or Bosmans. But that is a further reason not to bring players in on a permanent basis now.

Agreed and our January business has always tended to be loans or cheap punts, my point is more that some of the people who want Mick out seemingly also want him to spend our limited funds this month which is a bit odd. I'm pretty certain he won't be here next season.

Login to get fewer ads

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 20:06 - Jan 5 with 1275 viewsLord_Lucan

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 19:59 - Jan 5 by PhilTWTD

It must surely be at least a silent knowing nod situation that MMC shouldn't be bringing any "major" signings in from now.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 20:09 - Jan 5 with 1270 viewsRyorry

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 20:06 - Jan 5 by Lord_Lucan

It must surely be at least a silent knowing nod situation that MMC shouldn't be bringing any "major" signings in from now.

But then by the same token we shouldn't be selling any key players? particularly our regular MoM Bart.

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 22:29 - Jan 5 with 1236 viewsRyorry

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 12:17 - Jan 5 by No9

I don't think its just ITFC, I believe the whole football thing in England is in dire need of the root & branch reform you refer to

£75m defender scoring for L'pool in FAC3 highlighted your (very good) point!

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 05:13 - Jan 6 with 1179 viewsBenters2

Where are any new fans going to come from if Evans carries on like this? on 19:43 - Jan 5 by longtimefan

This.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024