Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not Mick's greatest fan 22:33 - Dec 30 with 5795 viewsRocky

but how tthe hell can you critisize losing, with such a patched-up side, against a team with such massive investment as Derby County?
I really don't understand why anyone is surprised we lost.
Let's have some perspective here.
Not Mick's greatest fan on 22:38 - Dec 30 with 5775 viewscobboldkid

Disappointed but not surprised we lost, just frustrated at our lack of technical ability and passion in the first 60 odd minutes today after the shambles of boxing day. What the hell do they do in training all week ? Who was that in the David McGoldrick costume ?
Not Mick's greatest fan on 22:44 - Dec 30 with 5756 viewsbraveblue

Losing is understandable. Lack of effort and ability to adapt is disappointing.
Not Mick's greatest fan on 22:46 - Dec 30 with 5750 viewsitfcjoe

Some people think that coaching and tactics are more important and can overcome the quality of players that bigger budgets can afford to bring in.

They don’t realise how financially handicapped we are, and how far off we are.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Not Mick's greatest fan on 22:57 - Dec 30 with 5711 viewsRonFearonsHair

Not critical. Not surprised.

But I do sit there wondering how I would be feeling if I had invested £7 million in this project each year rather than a few hundred. Then I wonder whether we really can all agree to just keep doing the same thing forever, without anything ever actually changing.
Not Mick's greatest fan on 00:39 - Dec 31 with 5592 viewspistonbroke

Not Mick's greatest fan on 22:46 - Dec 30 by itfcjoe

Some people think that coaching and tactics are more important and can overcome the quality of players that bigger budgets can afford to bring in.

They don’t realise how financially handicapped we are, and how far off we are.

I keep hearing this bull of being financially handicapped , two things , firstly if our beloved manager had looked at the games properly he should of realised the more winnable one was on Boxing Day , secondly let’s take another sport in the limelight at the moment darts , in transfer terms MVg would have been a Man City buy to our buy of cross , but what happened hey , let’s forget all this bull of money means everything
Not Mick's greatest fan on 00:43 - Dec 31 with 5583 viewsRyorry

Not Mick's greatest fan on 00:39 - Dec 31 by pistonbroke

I keep hearing this bull of being financially handicapped , two things , firstly if our beloved manager had looked at the games properly he should of realised the more winnable one was on Boxing Day , secondly let’s take another sport in the limelight at the moment darts , in transfer terms MVg would have been a Man City buy to our buy of cross , but what happened hey , let’s forget all this bull of money means everything

Just wondering how you can compare a sport played by individual competitors, with one requiring the organisation of 11 players v 11 played as a team game?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Not Mick's greatest fan on 02:17 - Dec 31 with 5526 viewsTheBlueBarca

Patched up side? Aside from Skuse missing out, how many first team regulars did we actually miss today?

I'd say the team we played today were all players who have played regularly here, some of which for a number of years now. Even our bench had the likes of Smith, Iorfa, Didz, Kenlock and Sears on it. Didz, Smith and Sears have been part of the core of the team here too.

So the big change was Skuse for Bru then? Would Skuse have won us a point or that game for us? No. Hardly patching up, just another get out of jail free card cooked up by some on here that fail to accept we have an owner taking us nowhere and a manager who by all rights should have gone last season, now acting as a caretaker until end of season.

Hyam and Bishop have been injured more of less consistently for the past two seasons, Huws and a Adeyemi have arrived injured and stayed that way, Downes, Nydham and Dozzell are all developing players - and outside of Hyam and Bishop I doubt theres a even 50 games in a blue shirt between them.

Its hardly a gaping void is it, our squad is so bang average you can swap most of them and get a like for like result. People begged for Celina and for Sears to be dropped and Celina hardly set the field alight.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Not Mick's greatest fan on 02:50 - Dec 31 with 5494 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

May be in a minority, but the starting XI was good enough to have got something from today. Yes there's some players on the inactive roster, we realize that, but the be all and end all isn't selected players on the field. You need heart and determination, not always the size of the dog in the fight etc that decides matters.

We had Derby County on home ground today not the Brazil team of 1970, of course the opportunity was there to have done better than we did. As others have alluded to perhaps the most prominent factor to today's setback was a lack of focus and effort, we seemed to only come into the game once they had scored their second effort.
Login to get fewer ads

Not Mick's greatest fan on 07:50 - Dec 31 with 5428 viewsitfcjoe

Not Mick's greatest fan on 00:39 - Dec 31 by pistonbroke

If you think being financially handicapped is ‘bull’ then there’s no hope or point in trying to explain anything to you.

How many of our players would get in their team? Football is about players, and if yours aren’t as good as your opponents (who are also flying in form and confidence) you have little hope. That we stayed in the game is a good thing

Not Mick's greatest fan on 10:30 - Dec 31 with 5324 viewsbraveblue

Not Mick's greatest fan on 22:57 - Dec 30 by RonFearonsHair

Not critical. Not surprised.

But I do sit there wondering how I would be feeling if I had invested £7 million in this project each year rather than a few hundred. Then I wonder whether we really can all agree to just keep doing the same thing forever, without anything ever actually changing.

He does not invest £7m for goodness sake. It’s a paper loss. Not all real money.
Not Mick's greatest fan on 13:14 - Dec 31 with 5268 viewsstantheman

Not Mick's greatest fan on 07:50 - Dec 31 by itfcjoe

If you think being financially handicapped is ‘bull’ then there’s no hope or point in trying to explain anything to you.

How many of our players would get in their team? Football is about players, and if yours aren’t as good as your opponents (who are also flying in form and confidence) you have little hope. That we stayed in the game is a good thing

Exactly what I was thinking during the game. We had Bru and Ward in midfield, they had Russell etc. They had more value on their bench than we had on the field. When they bought that guy who used to be at Villa? on late on that put the tin hat on it for me.
Not Mick's greatest fan on 13:23 - Dec 31 with 5259 viewsjas0999

Was it a patched up side though? Skuse - agreed. But the rest have pretty much been out for the majority of the season. Bishop, Hyam, Huws and Adeyemi have barely played. Nor the two youngsters for quite some time.

I agree it’s a lot of injuries - but that’s been the case since August/ Sept.
Not Mick's greatest fan on 13:28 - Dec 31 with 5252 viewschristiand

Not Mick's greatest fan on 07:50 - Dec 31 by itfcjoe

MIght as well not turn up and give them the points then? The only team we seem able to financially compete with is Burton Albion. Might as well just play them 46 times?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Not Mick's greatest fan on 14:12 - Dec 31 with 5226 viewslongtimefan

Not Mick's greatest fan on 13:23 - Dec 31 by jas0999

Was it a patched up side though? Skuse - agreed. But the rest have pretty much been out for the majority of the season. Bishop, Hyam, Huws and Adeyemi have barely played. Nor the two youngsters for quite some time.

I agree it’s a lot of injuries - but that’s been the case since August/ Sept.

Even more reason to be realistic about our performances this season then surely
Not Mick's greatest fan on 14:14 - Dec 31 with 5224 viewsTrequartista

We had 2 missing who would have played Huws and Skuse. Very important players, but not a patched up side by any means.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Not Mick's greatest fan on 14:20 - Dec 31 with 5213 viewslongtimefan

Not Mick's greatest fan on 14:14 - Dec 31 by Trequartista

We had 2 missing who would have played Huws and Skuse. Very important players, but not a patched up side by any means.

MIght be only two but against a side as good as Derby, on the run they are, significant enough to affect the result.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 14:20]
Not Mick's greatest fan on 14:26 - Dec 31 with 5188 viewsTrequartista

Not Mick's greatest fan on 14:20 - Dec 31 by longtimefan

MIght be only two but against a side as good as Derby, on the run they are, significant enough to affect the result.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 14:20]

Wouldn't disagree. I'm sure we've beaten teams who've had several players out as well, it happens both ways.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Not Mick's greatest fan on 14:30 - Dec 31 with 5171 viewsericclacton

It's the same if you are making doughnuts, if you have too many it's all down to the investment of Derbyshire Giants......anyway Ian Durys or no Ian Durys we have been without a good midfield set up for years and years and years and years. You ask anyone, you ask me.

Not Mick's greatest fan on 16:21 - Dec 31 with 5091 viewsitfcjoe

Not Mick's greatest fan on 13:28 - Dec 31 by christiand

MIght as well not turn up and give them the points then? The only team we seem able to financially compete with is Burton Albion. Might as well just play them 46 times?

Or we can not get our knickers in a twist if we lose to a better team who are absolutely flying at the moment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024