Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! 05:47 - Dec 1 with 5610 viewsCurrie10

A quick look on the seat map, one day before the game looks like we're heading for the dizzy heights of low 17k IF we're lucky and if Forest bring a decent number with them.

I know we've had many a comment on here about gates before, Benters pipes up, people have their own opinion however very surprised at £10 a pop we're completely struggling to shift a few more.

Dread to think what the Reading gate will be at normal prices and a far lower away following!

Surely a few would be tempted by £10 tickets from what I gather in all areas of the ground to have a watch at the team?

Very interested to see what the club wish to do for next season with season ticket prices.

Reducing match day ticket prices by £2.50 / removing £2.50 matchday surcharge have both been good ideas, along with offering away fans £25 tickets if they do the same. Unfortunately for the club, the reduction in single ticket purchases hasn't had any effect in boosting the gate!

I guess if Mick were to leave the club this coming summer then I can see that having a good effect with gates in the short term, however season tickets surely need to come down in price.
Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 05:56 - Dec 1 with 5011 viewsBenters

Thanks for the mention.

Tomorrow i have the use of a 'free golden ticket'so thats a result.

If you roll up tomoz and fancy watching the game whilst leaving the wife and daughter spunking the dosh in the shops,it will still cost you £25 on the gate, and thats the part they have got wrong.

As for season ticket prices,they made a balls up by stitching the fossils like Facty up this season,and should have said sorry and put the age group back to where it was.

End of.

Balls.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 06:31 - Dec 1 with 4958 viewsElderGrizzly

It’s only £10 if you are already a ST holder and buy extras. Anyone else, normal prices apply.

Given our loss of 2,000 of ST holders, these promotions are worth less and less.
Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 06:36 - Dec 1 with 4930 viewsBenters

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 06:31 - Dec 1 by ElderGrizzly

It’s only £10 if you are already a ST holder and buy extras. Anyone else, normal prices apply.

Given our loss of 2,000 of ST holders, these promotions are worth less and less.

I said that.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 06:41 - Dec 1 with 4939 viewsjeera

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 06:31 - Dec 1 by ElderGrizzly

If I may ask a stupid question, or two, being so far out of the loop myself.

How proficient are the club at advertising benefits of buying season tickets by making it clear that these deals will be coming up during the season, and by doing so at least trying to encourage sales?

Is the marketing dep doing enough?
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 6:41]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 06:48 - Dec 1 with 4902 viewsElderGrizzly

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 06:36 - Dec 1 by Benters

I said that.

Sort of, but not directly. I translate Bentley speak :)
Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 06:48 - Dec 1 with 4900 viewsElderGrizzly

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 06:41 - Dec 1 by jeera

How proficient are the club at advertising benefits of buying season tickets by making it clear that these deals will be coming up during the season, and by doing so at least trying to encourage sales?

No, it’s next to non-existent.
Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 06:52 - Dec 1 with 4890 viewsTLA

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 06:48 - Dec 1 by ElderGrizzly

No, it’s next to non-existent.

If the club are prepared to sell tickets for a tenner, why not make it open to anyone, rather than through season ticket holders?

I'd be far happier as a season ticket holder to be in a fuller ground.
Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 06:54 - Dec 1 with 4889 viewsbrogansnose

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 06:41 - Dec 1 by jeera

I think there is an element that the marketing could be better but it is dependent on those that want to go knowing a ST holder or the ST holder asking around those he thinks might want to go so there is a degree of the fans doing the marketing. I can't make it to the Forest game but I've got no takers for my ST for tommorow from even the ST holders who I used to go with last season who didn't renew. The demand isn't that great although I imagine it will undoubtably give a lift to the attendance. The point is , will those that take up the offer repeat coming back more regularly which is surely the aim.
Login to get fewer ads

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 07:00 - Dec 1 with 4865 viewsjeera

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 06:54 - Dec 1 by brogansnose

I think there is an element that the marketing could be better but it is dependent on those that want to go knowing a ST holder or the ST holder asking around those he thinks might want to go so there is a degree of the fans doing the marketing. I can't make it to the Forest game but I've got no takers for my ST for tommorow from even the ST holders who I used to go with last season who didn't renew. The demand isn't that great although I imagine it will undoubtably give a lift to the attendance. The point is , will those that take up the offer repeat coming back more regularly which is surely the aim.

But there's no reason (?) for these deals to be fixed to specific games are there?

Why not allocate X amount for matches across the season so punters can pick when is suitable for their kids/friends/whoever to come along for a taster?

Of course, I appreciate what you're saying as you still need takers, but it's someone's job, somewhere, to hard sell sell sell!

Or at least try.

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 07:11 - Dec 1 with 4816 viewsbrogansnose

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 07:00 - Dec 1 by jeera

But there's no reason (?) for these deals to be fixed to specific games are there?

Why not allocate X amount for matches across the season so punters can pick when is suitable for their kids/friends/whoever to come along for a taster?

Of course, I appreciate what you're saying as you still need takers, but it's someone's job, somewhere, to hard sell sell sell!

Or at least try.

Totally agree. I don't think that the marketing has been good enough or dynamic enough for years with complete own goals regarding the price hike for the over 60's ST price. We should also have been doing more to draw in and keep the under 21's who essentially are the future. The price changes this year have been too little too late. That idea of yours is ideal but would the club dare to venture with it ? We run at 50% capacity and the vast majority would like the place to be as full as possible sso why not try something like that. It seems that the club is out of touch and out of tune on so many things which is quite sad when most of us can see some remedies.

Anyway, when I take over the club, I may switch you from the catering and refreshment role to marketing.
Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 07:13 - Dec 1 with 4802 viewsjeera

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 07:11 - Dec 1 by brogansnose

Totally agree. I don't think that the marketing has been good enough or dynamic enough for years with complete own goals regarding the price hike for the over 60's ST price. We should also have been doing more to draw in and keep the under 21's who essentially are the future. The price changes this year have been too little too late. That idea of yours is ideal but would the club dare to venture with it ? We run at 50% capacity and the vast majority would like the place to be as full as possible sso why not try something like that. It seems that the club is out of touch and out of tune on so many things which is quite sad when most of us can see some remedies.

Anyway, when I take over the club, I may switch you from the catering and refreshment role to marketing.

Ok mate.

J2 may need a little more training to take over but with Rommers as his back-up, what could go wrong?

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 07:22 - Dec 1 with 4766 viewsbrogansnose

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 07:13 - Dec 1 by jeera

Ok mate.

J2 may need a little more training to take over but with Rommers as his back-up, what could go wrong?

I don't think that we'd notice any vast worsening of standards. I could forsee and new range of foods along the lines of the woman from the Vicar of Dibley with marmite Black Forest gateau and KFC flavoured Mars bars.
Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 07:28 - Dec 1 with 4749 viewsjeera

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 07:22 - Dec 1 by brogansnose

I don't think that we'd notice any vast worsening of standards. I could forsee and new range of foods along the lines of the woman from the Vicar of Dibley with marmite Black Forest gateau and KFC flavoured Mars bars.

Well at least they'll be no shortage of fish finger type chips.

And the staff will know what to do if they ever run out of burger rolls...

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 07:28 - Dec 1 with 4746 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 07:22 - Dec 1 by brogansnose

It's funny that. I've always thought if I owned a football club, I'd try and get a sponsorship deal with KFC and have them in charge of all my catering. There would be a mini KFC in all of the stands. In turn, I'd advertise the fool out of them. Everyone's a winner.

Imagine walking through the north stand and getting a pre game Boneless Banquet. It'd be orgasmic!

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 07:58 - Dec 1 with 4673 viewsfactual_blue

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 06:54 - Dec 1 by brogansnose

As I've mentioned before, one of our stars of the future can't even give away his free tickets.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 08:01 - Dec 1 with 4660 viewsbrogansnose

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 07:28 - Dec 1 by The_Romford_Blue

It's funny that. I've always thought if I owned a football club, I'd try and get a sponsorship deal with KFC and have them in charge of all my catering. There would be a mini KFC in all of the stands. In turn, I'd advertise the fool out of them. Everyone's a winner.

Imagine walking through the north stand and getting a pre game Boneless Banquet. It'd be orgasmic!

I used to hate KFC and i can recall coming on here and calling it Kentucky Fried Rat. Long story short, I went with the boy to the one outside Ipswich by the old park and ride after he had an American football match and it was bloody lovely.

I am now the king of the Mighty Bucket.
Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 08:02 - Dec 1 with 4646 viewsfactual_blue

You'd end up with one of those sad little places that call themselves something like Southern Fried Chicken, have a logo a bit like KFC, but are so tinpot KFC can't even be bothered to send them a threatening letter from their lawyers.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 08:12 - Dec 1 with 4608 viewsBluebell

"Imagine walking through the north stand and getting a pre game Boneless Banquet. It'd be orgasmic!"

Boneless eh? I think your meaning of 'orgasmic' is slightly different to mine.
Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 08:27 - Dec 1 with 4558 viewsjeera

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 08:12 - Dec 1 by Bluebell

"Imagine walking through the north stand and getting a pre game Boneless Banquet. It'd be orgasmic!"

Boneless eh? I think your meaning of 'orgasmic' is slightly different to mine.

Cover your ears Rommers!

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 09:09 - Dec 1 with 4460 viewsRIPbobby

I think people have gotten wise to how poor football is now. Not entertaining like it used to be.

It won't be long until pdc darts suffers. Massively overpriced and the nearest seats are 20 meters away from the action. You might as well get a load of mates and go to a pub, watch it on sky and have a sing song and a laugh for a fraction of the cost.
Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 09:28 - Dec 1 with 4407 viewsBurwell_Blue

I know I always bang on about watching it from home but that it what I will be doing.

At £4 a match, I can do other stuff right up until kickoff, can get beer from my own fridge without queuing and don't have to piss about with an hour drive home.

if I fancy it I can link my laptop to the big TV in my local and watch it from there.

I don't see the appeal of spending £50plus and my whole day for 90 minutes of football these days.
Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 09:29 - Dec 1 with 4397 viewsVaughan8

You have some strange obsession with our attendances! If that's all you have to worry about then you are doing well! haha

Lets be honest, it hasn't been advertised very well (I saw it once when it was first announced and never again). This isn't unusual unfortunately. Its almost as if they want to say "lower ticket prices don't bring in more fans". Their Facebook page hasn't mentioned it this week when you thought they would be pushing it, especially after Tuesdays win?
However they seemed to advertise Black Friday loads last week. I think you can see where their biggest "profit"/priority is!

Also its only through ST Holders so if some kind person on here didn't let me have their Customer number, I wouldn't have been able to get any tickets. I certainly wouldn't be paying £30 for it!

Lastly, surely some people are visiting families before Christmas or shopping for present etc.

Re the current "normal" prices, it should be £25 everywhere (bar "posh" seats).
Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 09:34 - Dec 1 with 4375 viewsHeathlander

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 09:28 - Dec 1 by Burwell_Blue

I know I always bang on about watching it from home but that it what I will be doing.

At £4 a match, I can do other stuff right up until kickoff, can get beer from my own fridge without queuing and don't have to piss about with an hour drive home.

if I fancy it I can link my laptop to the big TV in my local and watch it from there.

I don't see the appeal of spending £50plus and my whole day for 90 minutes of football these days.

How do you find iFollow? I find the delay on the sound to the pictures a little bit annoying. I would have thought it would be fairly easy to put a clock on the screen so you can see the time played and also the score.

In this day and age linking it to the commentary they also provide should be fairly simple. I watch it on an iPad via their app so without Apple TV I can't ping it to the big TV.

But on the whole it's great for about £6 a game. Watched about half a dozen. Going Saturday though :)
Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 09:39 - Dec 1 with 4358 viewsAxeldalai_lama

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 09:09 - Dec 1 by RIPbobby

I think people have gotten wise to how poor football is now. Not entertaining like it used to be.

It won't be long until pdc darts suffers. Massively overpriced and the nearest seats are 20 meters away from the action. You might as well get a load of mates and go to a pub, watch it on sky and have a sing song and a laugh for a fraction of the cost.

I think it's more getting out of the habit, and that we're in the same league we've been in the last 16 years, rather than boring football. Although it's seen as the done thing to blame the bad football.
If, by some miracle, we were to get promotion you can guarantee that we'd sell a load more tickets, probably selling out most games, and again near the end of the season if we were riding high and winning games.
No matter how bad the football was. It's just convenient to say it's the bad football, it might be a factor, but easier to blame 'dino' Mick than say 'I'm bored and am out of the habit'.
Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 09:48 - Dec 1 with 4324 viewsBurwell_Blue

Can't even shift £10 tickets any longer! on 09:34 - Dec 1 by Heathlander

How do you find iFollow? I find the delay on the sound to the pictures a little bit annoying. I would have thought it would be fairly easy to put a clock on the screen so you can see the time played and also the score.

In this day and age linking it to the commentary they also provide should be fairly simple. I watch it on an iPad via their app so without Apple TV I can't ping it to the big TV.

But on the whole it's great for about £6 a game. Watched about half a dozen. Going Saturday though :)

No commentary is a little bit of a pain, as is the inability to screen mirror or air-play it to my TV, but that aside, the quality is perfect for the money I am spending, no lag or delay and the cameraman is getting better as the season progresses.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024