Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goal line technology 11:56 - Nov 29 with 6147 views12th_Man

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Goal line technology on 11:57 - Nov 29 with 6117 viewsblue_oyster

No photograph available?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Goal line technology on 11:58 - Nov 29 with 6120 viewsGavTWTD

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Goal line technology on 12:17 - Nov 29 with 6059 viewsITFC_Forever

That's what it's there for - we also benefited from that in the first home game of the season when Birmingham had a header shown not to have crossed the line.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Goal line technology on 12:18 - Nov 29 with 6042 viewsPJH

Goal line technology on 12:17 - Nov 29 by ITFC_Forever

That's what it's there for - we also benefited from that in the first home game of the season when Birmingham had a header shown not to have crossed the line.

Thought we benefited at home when Garner's header WAS shown to cross the line-was that Birmingham game?
Goal line technology on 12:47 - Nov 29 with 5928 viewsSitfcB

Goal line technology on 12:18 - Nov 29 by PJH

Thought we benefited at home when Garner's header WAS shown to cross the line-was that Birmingham game?

That was against Brentford.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Goal line technology on 12:49 - Nov 29 with 5921 viewsPJH

Goal line technology on 12:47 - Nov 29 by SitfcB

That was against Brentford.

So it was, now that we score so many goals it is difficult keeping track of who scored what against whom.
Goal line technology on 13:38 - Nov 29 with 5806 viewsITFC_Forever

Goal line technology on 12:18 - Nov 29 by PJH

Thought there was one we benefited from as well...

Goal line technology on 15:44 - Nov 29 with 5660 viewsSuperfrans

Goal line technology on 11:58 - Nov 29 by GavTWTD

Slightly alarming that they would need Hawkeye to confirm a ball which is so far over the line. That's more than a full ball-width over.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

Goal line technology on 15:45 - Nov 29 with 5650 viewsSpruceMoose

Goal line technology on 15:44 - Nov 29 by Superfrans

Slightly alarming that they would need Hawkeye to confirm a ball which is so far over the line. That's more than a full ball-width over.

I'd imagine that the ball was travelling at a fair rate of knots, and the linesman was looking through several bodies?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Goal line technology on 15:51 - Nov 29 with 5626 viewsBlueStreak

That was a really tough one to call considering the pace of the header and the angle. I have looked at it a few times and normal speed and still can't believe that is actually in.
Goal line technology on 16:38 - Nov 29 with 5554 viewsITFC_Forever

Goal line technology on 15:45 - Nov 29 by SpruceMoose

I'd imagine that the ball was travelling at a fair rate of knots, and the linesman was looking through several bodies?

Indeed, I've seen it on tv a few times now and couldn't tell it had gone in.

Goal line technology on 16:39 - Nov 29 with 5551 viewsEastTownBlue

Perhaps the advice to the linos is to leave it to the technology ?

I believe that Hawkeye accuracy rate is in the high nineties percent which is certainly an improvement on the naked eye.
Goal line technology on 16:46 - Nov 29 with 5530 viewsPJH

Goal line technology on 16:38 - Nov 29 by ITFC_Forever

Certainly seeing it live and more or less exactly in line last night I could not have said that it was definitely over the line because it happened so fast.
It looked as though it might be but to say it was would be guessing so I do not think that the goal could have been given without the technology.
Goal line technology on 16:48 - Nov 29 with 5515 viewsFifeITFC

But that's a still image with other factors removed. Play it in real time and it's a very different "picture".

I'd rather the ref/lino use hawkeye if they need to confirm their judgement.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Goal line technology on 16:57 - Nov 29 with 5481 viewsCaptainObvious

Hawkeye neck-and-neck with Bart for the Player of The Year award.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Goal line technology on 16:59 - Nov 29 with 5469 viewsITFC_Forever

Goal line technology on 16:39 - Nov 29 by EastTownBlue

Perhaps the advice to the linos is to leave it to the technology ?

I believe that Hawkeye accuracy rate is in the high nineties percent which is certainly an improvement on the naked eye.

And high nineties would be when you're looking at a marginal decision.

Looking at the pics from last night, it's miles over the line (although as discussed elsewhere on this thread, it wasn't clear to the human eye when it happened), so hawk-eye would have this 100% correct.

Goal line technology on 17:20 - Nov 29 with 5408 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Goal line technology on 16:59 - Nov 29 by ITFC_Forever

And high nineties would be when you're looking at a marginal decision.

Looking at the pics from last night, it's miles over the line (although as discussed elsewhere on this thread, it wasn't clear to the human eye when it happened), so hawk-eye would have this 100% correct.

...unless it fails, for some reason

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Goal line technology on 17:56 - Nov 29 with 5354 viewsSuperfrans

Goal line technology on 16:38 - Nov 29 by ITFC_Forever

True, although the lino should be in line, so better able to see it. And, it begs the question, how many "goals" like this weren't given before hawkeye...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Goal line technology on 18:00 - Nov 29 with 5343 viewsPJH

Goal line technology on 17:56 - Nov 29 by Superfrans

True, although the lino should be in line, so better able to see it. And, it begs the question, how many "goals" like this weren't given before hawkeye...

As I said earlier in this thread I was as near as damn it to being in line and I would be guessing as to whether it was over the line or not.
There must have been loads that were goals but could not or should not be given because the officials were not sure.

Barcelona have had two not given in the last few months that were shown to be(relatively) well over the line but they do not have the technology in Spain.
Goal line technology on 08:19 - Nov 30 with 5011 viewsitfcjoe

Goal line technology on 18:00 - Nov 29 by PJH

As I said earlier in this thread I was as near as damn it to being in line and I would be guessing as to whether it was over the line or not.
There must have been loads that were goals but could not or should not be given because the officials were not sure.

Barcelona have had two not given in the last few months that were shown to be(relatively) well over the line but they do not have the technology in Spain.

I watched it on a stream and thought it was in as soon as I saw it, not by as much but the way Carson fell into the goal made it look over the line.

Hard to tell if it would have been given as guess ref and lino are no longer looking for this as decision been taken away from them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Goal line technology on 08:25 - Nov 30 with 5006 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Goal line technology on 08:19 - Nov 30 by itfcjoe

I watched it on a stream and thought it was in as soon as I saw it, not by as much but the way Carson fell into the goal made it look over the line.

Hard to tell if it would have been given as guess ref and lino are no longer looking for this as decision been taken away from them

You’re last para is what worries me - goal line tech is undoubtedly more reliable than the naked eye, however if the technology fails for any reason you could be left with a clear goal being denied as the officials aren’t looking for the ball crossing the line (or can see it has crossed the line but doubt it due to not getting the signal from goaline tech)

Probably a minor worry in the scheme of things!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024