Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who will be out of their job first? 08:03 - Nov 21 with 12012 viewsGlasgowBlue

Who will be out of their job first?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Who will be out of their job first? on 08:20 - Nov 21 with 6136 viewsartsbossbeard

100+ Labour MP's following the election? Oh.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Who will be out of their job first? on 08:27 - Nov 21 with 6121 viewsvapour_trail

Prince Phillip? Cold winter forecast.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Who will be out of their job first? on 09:09 - Nov 21 with 6069 viewsGuthrum

Merkel is fine. Europeans do coalition-building with a lot less urgent, panicked desperation than ourselves. The Belgians jogged on (without collapsing) for well over a year between election and forging a working government.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Who will be out of their job first? on 09:13 - Nov 21 with 6055 viewsWeWereZombies

Who will be out of their job first? on 08:20 - Nov 21 by artsbossbeard

100+ Labour MP's following the election? Oh.

At least he didn't include Tony Pulis in the poll...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Who will be out of their job first? on 09:16 - Nov 21 with 6053 viewssolemio

Who will be out of their job first? on 09:13 - Nov 21 by WeWereZombies

At least he didn't include Tony Pulis in the poll...

Or Michael McCarthy...
Who will be out of their job first? on 09:17 - Nov 21 with 6054 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Who will be out of their job first? on 09:09 - Nov 21 by Guthrum

Merkel is fine. Europeans do coalition-building with a lot less urgent, panicked desperation than ourselves. The Belgians jogged on (without collapsing) for well over a year between election and forging a working government.

I doubt they suffer the ingrained polarised hate that we have in this country.

If thatcher had continued to pay the miners after pit closures a lot of those tensions could have been eased
Who will be out of their job first? on 09:23 - Nov 21 with 6034 viewsWeWereZombies

Who will be out of their job first? on 09:17 - Nov 21 by FrowsyArmLarry

If thatcher had continued to pay the miners after pit closures a lot of those tensions could have been eased

That's an interesting, if unlikely, scenario. I think the miners still wanted their jobs and the cohesion of a society centred on the pit though.

Who will be out of their job first? on 09:24 - Nov 21 with 6029 viewsGuthrum

Who will be out of their job first? on 09:17 - Nov 21 by FrowsyArmLarry

There has been some signs of it in Germany, but not to the same extent. Probably because of the multiplicity of parties working in coalitions, rather than the binary system we effectively have (i.e. either Labour or Conservatives in power, backed by fiercely tribal loyalty, all other parties being much smaller).

I tend to feel the unions did need reining in somewhat, but it was done with unnecessary brutality and destroyed an industry which, while already in decline, could have been managed to a much softer landing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Who will be out of their job first? on 09:34 - Nov 21 with 6000 viewsblue_oyster

They'll soon work out what's best for the people.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Who will be out of their job first? on 09:46 - Nov 21 with 5973 viewsNo9

Who will be out of their job first? on 09:34 - Nov 21 by blue_oyster

They'll soon work out what's best for the people.

Maybe, post the Bankers heist job Germany has done pretty well under Frau Merkel = just look at the infrastructure improvements made since 2010 - on low interest rates.

Will any other party offer that?
Who will be out of their job first? on 09:47 - Nov 21 with 5966 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who will be out of their job first? on 08:27 - Nov 21 by vapour_trail

Prince Phillip? Cold winter forecast.

.....and they are having the heating replaced.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Who will be out of their job first? on 09:58 - Nov 21 with 5938 viewsNo9

Who will be out of their job first? on 09:47 - Nov 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

.....and they are having the heating replaced.

At the taxpayers expense
Who will be out of their job first? on 10:09 - Nov 21 with 5917 viewsblue_oyster

Who will be out of their job first? on 09:46 - Nov 21 by No9

Maybe, post the Bankers heist job Germany has done pretty well under Frau Merkel = just look at the infrastructure improvements made since 2010 - on low interest rates.

Will any other party offer that?

She hasn't helped the poor. Her ridiculous policy on opening the borders has changed their lives forever. It could well cost her the job.

Who will be out of their job first? on 10:10 - Nov 21 with 5913 viewschicoazul

Isnt Merkel already out of a job basically?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Who will be out of their job first? on 10:20 - Nov 21 with 5881 viewsNo9

Who will be out of their job first? on 10:09 - Nov 21 by blue_oyster

She hasn't helped the poor. Her ridiculous policy on opening the borders has changed their lives forever. It could well cost her the job.

So you have selectively looked at German issues?
Who will be out of their job first? on 11:10 - Nov 21 with 5829 viewsWeWereZombies

Who will be out of their job first? on 10:09 - Nov 21 by blue_oyster

Thing is, when I was in Germany last May I can't say I noticed any conspicuous poverty. Are you just describing 'echo chamber' effects that do not necessarily reflect reality?

Who will be out of their job first? on 11:11 - Nov 21 with 5825 viewsSuperfrans

My money would be on David Moyes...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Who will be out of their job first? on 11:16 - Nov 21 with 5818 viewsblue_oyster

Who will be out of their job first? on 11:10 - Nov 21 by WeWereZombies

Thing is, when I was in Germany last May I can't say I noticed any conspicuous poverty. Are you just describing 'echo chamber' effects that do not necessarily reflect reality?

Would you know what to look for?

Who will be out of their job first? on 11:20 - Nov 21 with 5806 viewsWeWereZombies

Who will be out of their job first? on 11:16 - Nov 21 by blue_oyster

Would you know what to look for?

I didn't say I was looking for it, just that I had not seen any - in comparison to Poland, where I had just come from, which has a very conspicuous problem with down and outs getting through the day on cheap alcohol.

Who will be out of their job first? on 11:23 - Nov 21 with 5791 viewsblue_oyster

Who will be out of their job first? on 11:20 - Nov 21 by WeWereZombies

I didn't say I was looking for it, just that I had not seen any - in comparison to Poland, where I had just come from, which has a very conspicuous problem with down and outs getting through the day on cheap alcohol.

For sure Poland is a much poorer country than Germany. But to pretend there's no poor people in Germany because you didn't see any when you visited is nothing short of ridiculous.

Who will be out of their job first? on 11:25 - Nov 21 with 5790 viewssolemio

Yes, the Belgian case is interesting. What you say is totally true, although instinctively I would expect exactly the reverse, given that just over 30% of Belgians are French-speaking Walloons and most of the rest are Flemish-speaking people in the north and west of the country. They have not always got along too well.
Who will be out of their job first? on 11:32 - Nov 21 with 5767 viewsWeWereZombies

Who will be out of their job first? on 11:23 - Nov 21 by blue_oyster

For sure Poland is a much poorer country than Germany. But to pretend there's no poor people in Germany because you didn't see any when you visited is nothing short of ridiculous.

But, as you would no doubt say if our positions were reversed, that is not what I posted...

Who will be out of their job first? on 11:44 - Nov 21 with 5743 viewsblue_oyster

Who will be out of their job first? on 11:32 - Nov 21 by WeWereZombies

But, as you would no doubt say if our positions were reversed, that is not what I posted...

Good, then you accept that poor people in Germany is a reality, which you were questioning earlier.

Who will be out of their job first? on 11:47 - Nov 21 with 5733 viewsBenters

Who will be out of their job first? on 09:16 - Nov 21 by solemio

Or Michael McCarthy...

'You can stay as long as you like Mick' said Marcus.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Who will be out of their job first? on 12:08 - Nov 21 with 5698 viewsWeWereZombies

Who will be out of their job first? on 11:44 - Nov 21 by blue_oyster

Good, then you accept that poor people in Germany is a reality, which you were questioning earlier.

No, wrong again. I was suggesting that if the only sources for your perception of a worsening position for the poor in Germany are media reports then you could be forgiven for letting yourself become subject to such an impression whether it were true or not. Or to fall victim to the delusion that you had sufficiently bottomed the mass of research necessary to determine a causal link between immigration and a lowering of living standards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024