Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The sheer hypocracy for people who slate our style of play.... 23:54 - Nov 20 with 2245 viewsCurrie10

Always makes me chuckle.

I've got a Spurs friend back home who loves the games played the ' right ' way. Triangles etc. He's a decent player too. CB. When watching it on TV, he's very critical of any other type of play.

HOWEVER, when playing ( I play CM ) he absolutely HAMMERS the ball 60/70 yards when under zero pressure. Absolutely lumps it. Gets pelters from us yet HATES watching the game played that way.

I'm sure you all know a few of these...!
The sheer hypocracy for people who slate our style of play.... on 23:58 - Nov 20 with 2230 viewsBlueBadger

I love to see good wing play. I also alternated between playing wide and CM. I had no pace(even less now I'm in my forties), beat a man or cross a ball to save my life.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The sheer hypocracy for people who slate our style of play.... on 00:05 - Nov 21 with 2222 viewsCurrie10

The sheer hypocracy for people who slate our style of play.... on 23:58 - Nov 20 by BlueBadger

I love to see good wing play. I also alternated between playing wide and CM. I had no pace(even less now I'm in my forties), beat a man or cross a ball to save my life.

Also, if a team has a crap player..... he's AUTOMATICALLY a full back! ' try here ' ..... umm,,, why!?

I always come short for the ball in CM, make an angle,,, ask for it,,,,,,, 2 seconds later he's WHOOSHED the ball, we've lost it and he's having a fit at others about keeping the damn thing!
The sheer hypocracy for people who slate our style of play.... on 00:12 - Nov 21 with 2213 viewsBlueBadger

The sheer hypocracy for people who slate our style of play.... on 00:05 - Nov 21 by Currie10

Also, if a team has a crap player..... he's AUTOMATICALLY a full back! ' try here ' ..... umm,,, why!?

I always come short for the ball in CM, make an angle,,, ask for it,,,,,,, 2 seconds later he's WHOOSHED the ball, we've lost it and he's having a fit at others about keeping the damn thing!

I used to get played on the wing for the first half because I always knew where to make runs and tie up one or two defenders for the decent players. Second half, I'd usually get shifted inside as the opposition's team talk would be 'stop marking that winger, he's crap' but we'd have hopefully gone a goal or two up so we'd try to contain a bit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

The sheer hypocracy for people who slate our style of play.... on 00:19 - Nov 21 with 2209 viewsCurrie10

The sheer hypocracy for people who slate our style of play.... on 00:12 - Nov 21 by BlueBadger

I used to get played on the wing for the first half because I always knew where to make runs and tie up one or two defenders for the decent players. Second half, I'd usually get shifted inside as the opposition's team talk would be 'stop marking that winger, he's crap' but we'd have hopefully gone a goal or two up so we'd try to contain a bit.

I'm 6'1 and always get an earful for pulling out of every tackle and winning nothing in the air. Defensive side isn't my forte but my passing's good.

I don't understand why defenders with at our level, BUCKET LOADS of time cannot do a simple 5/10 yard pass when people have made an angle / opened it up.

Likewise, I love wingers/ forwards who make ' runs ' with zero angle and wonder why they never release the ball. Making a sodding angle you idiot !!! ANGLESSSS
The sheer hypocracy for people who slate our style of play.... on 00:24 - Nov 21 with 2198 viewsBlueBadger

The sheer hypocracy for people who slate our style of play.... on 00:19 - Nov 21 by Currie10

I'm 6'1 and always get an earful for pulling out of every tackle and winning nothing in the air. Defensive side isn't my forte but my passing's good.

I don't understand why defenders with at our level, BUCKET LOADS of time cannot do a simple 5/10 yard pass when people have made an angle / opened it up.

Likewise, I love wingers/ forwards who make ' runs ' with zero angle and wonder why they never release the ball. Making a sodding angle you idiot !!! ANGLESSSS

The lad who used to 'coach' my team always said 'BB, you've a smashing football brain, it's a shame you haven't got footballing feet'.

The sheer hypocracy for people who slate our style of play.... on 00:59 - Nov 21 with 2171 viewsSwansea_Blue

The sheer hypocracy for people who slate our style of play.... on 00:05 - Nov 21 by Currie10

Ah, that explains why Chambo was played out wide!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The sheer hypocracy for people who slate our style of play.... on 08:03 - Nov 21 with 2001 viewsfactual_blue

The sheer hypocracy for people who slate our style of play.... on 23:58 - Nov 20 by BlueBadger

Hello Jonathan. How's Natalie?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The sheer hypocracy for people who slate our style of play.... on 08:27 - Nov 21 with 1955 viewsRadlett_blue

The sheer hypocracy for people who slate our style of play.... on 00:19 - Nov 21 by Currie10

My team captain (who was centre forward & half decent) used to say to me (& my fellow defenders) before a game "If in doubt - OUT!"

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

The sheer hypocracy for people who slate our style of play.... on 08:32 - Nov 21 with 1941 viewsartsbossbeard

The sheer hypocracy for people who slate our style of play.... on 08:27 - Nov 21 by Radlett_blue

My team captain (who was centre forward & half decent) used to say to me (& my fellow defenders) before a game "If in doubt - OUT!"

Perfect advise.

Can't score from row Z.

Our striker/Right Midfielder has the audacity to moan at everyone at half time about "keeping it simple" whilst conveniently forgetting the possession lost in decent areas due to his back heels, flicks &, wait for it, overhead kicks.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024