Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
15 quid vs Wendy 22:17 - Nov 20 with 6806 viewsCurrie10

Just thought would post incase anyone missed.

Does this price encourage people to go !? :)
15 quid vs Wendy on 23:11 - Nov 20 with 6767 viewsbournemouthblue

on the gate or with a season ticket holder's reference?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

15 quid vs Wendy on 23:17 - Nov 20 with 6760 viewsjeera

Does it include a burger and a pint?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

15 quid vs Wendy on 23:24 - Nov 20 with 6754 viewsCurrie10

15 quid vs Wendy on 23:11 - Nov 20 by bournemouthblue

on the gate or with a season ticket holder's reference?

None required, open to all. All sections of the ground.

In regard to freebies, apparently people have sit in the posh seats before when we've reduced prices for cup games and bizarrely they HAVE included a free tea/coffee, programme, and a pie..... so surely worth going there if people are going to attend?!

I know people did this for block Y Co Op and all the freebies DID apply, so if anyone does this, let us know :)
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 23:31]
15 quid vs Wendy on 05:15 - Nov 21 with 6692 viewsBenters

No not at alll.

I will be watching on Sky wearing my pjs.

Is it right town have gave away another 1000 tickets for this game?
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 5:17]

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

15 quid vs Wendy on 06:14 - Nov 21 with 6665 viewsEly_Blue

15 quid vs Wendy on 05:15 - Nov 21 by Benters

No not at alll.

I will be watching on Sky wearing my pjs.

Is it right town have gave away another 1000 tickets for this game?
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 5:17]

If they have then good on them, personally I think they should have done it for the scum game too, when they knew it wasn’t going to be a sell out give 1000 seats to local schools or large organisations, it can only hope to encourage a small % of those to return or want t be part of the club surely?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

15 quid vs Wendy on 06:20 - Nov 21 with 6648 viewsBenters

15 quid vs Wendy on 06:14 - Nov 21 by Ely_Blue

If they have then good on them, personally I think they should have done it for the scum game too, when they knew it wasn’t going to be a sell out give 1000 seats to local schools or large organisations, it can only hope to encourage a small % of those to return or want t be part of the club surely?

I agree i bet out of those 1000 people a fair few will spend out on overpriced drink and sub standard food.

It does seem daft when you think for some games there are 16'000 empty seats,give the tickets away i say !

Gentlybentley

15 quid vs Wendy on 06:24 - Nov 21 with 6652 viewsEly_Blue

15 quid vs Wendy on 06:20 - Nov 21 by Benters

I agree i bet out of those 1000 people a fair few will spend out on overpriced drink and sub standard food.

It does seem daft when you think for some games there are 16'000 empty seats,give the tickets away i say !

Indeed couldn’t agree more, and you never know some of them may enjoy it enough to spend £10 on the Forest game and bring a mate, and there it starts with (slightly) increased crowds

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

15 quid vs Wendy on 06:29 - Nov 21 with 6636 viewsBenters

15 quid vs Wendy on 06:24 - Nov 21 by Ely_Blue

Indeed couldn’t agree more, and you never know some of them may enjoy it enough to spend £10 on the Forest game and bring a mate, and there it starts with (slightly) increased crowds

Indeed.

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

15 quid vs Wendy on 10:51 - Nov 21 with 6522 viewsitfcbam

One of the things the more casual supporters are complaining about is pricing. Despite being on TV this is a real chance to show the club management than lower prices would bring a fuller stadium. If we don't support it with bums on seats then then we only have ourselves to blame and can the club really believe that prices are driving supporters away? If it's well supported these sort of offers are also more likely to be repeated in the future or better still will be more likely to set a more permanent trend
15 quid vs Wendy on 11:42 - Nov 21 with 6483 viewsBenters

15 quid vs Wendy on 10:51 - Nov 21 by itfcbam

One of the things the more casual supporters are complaining about is pricing. Despite being on TV this is a real chance to show the club management than lower prices would bring a fuller stadium. If we don't support it with bums on seats then then we only have ourselves to blame and can the club really believe that prices are driving supporters away? If it's well supported these sort of offers are also more likely to be repeated in the future or better still will be more likely to set a more permanent trend

Its not the price (see the Norwich playoff game) plenty rolled up to that..

Not everybody who supports Ipswich lives in Ipswich (see some of our London based fans) the trains back are crap.

Gentlybentley

15 quid vs Wendy on 11:52 - Nov 21 with 6474 viewsTLA

I've recently been talking to the club about a mental health project and asked if they could give 100 free tickets across the whole of a season. That may well have sealed £20K of funding from the Premier League Fans' Fund for my organisation.

There would have been no other expectation from them but they refused. I pointed out that there would be more than 300,00 empty seats this season but the answer was 'no'.

It would have been a project where mentors were trained to support people who struggled to attend due to mental health problems to go to games.

It would have been no loss to the club, no work for them and possibly bums on seats and good publicity.

Oh well...
15 quid vs Wendy on 12:24 - Nov 21 with 6440 viewsSteve_M

15 quid vs Wendy on 11:52 - Nov 21 by TLA

I've recently been talking to the club about a mental health project and asked if they could give 100 free tickets across the whole of a season. That may well have sealed £20K of funding from the Premier League Fans' Fund for my organisation.

There would have been no other expectation from them but they refused. I pointed out that there would be more than 300,00 empty seats this season but the answer was 'no'.

It would have been a project where mentors were trained to support people who struggled to attend due to mental health problems to go to games.

It would have been no loss to the club, no work for them and possibly bums on seats and good publicity.

Oh well...

Seriously? Sounds typical of the half-arsed approach that predominates at ITFC these days.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

15 quid vs Wendy on 12:31 - Nov 21 with 6423 viewsTLA

15 quid vs Wendy on 12:24 - Nov 21 by Steve_M

Seriously? Sounds typical of the half-arsed approach that predominates at ITFC these days.

Yeah, I'm afraid so.

I've gathered some really good stories about people who have got their lives back on track with going to Town games playing a huge part. One person was filmed when we attended the open day in July - when he was unwell, going to games was part of his support plan and now him and his son pay to go to most home games.

I know it's my work but this was an open goal for the club…they blazed it over the bar though. I might now be working with Norwich instead...
15 quid vs Wendy on 13:04 - Nov 21 with 6381 viewsBenters

15 quid vs Wendy on 12:31 - Nov 21 by TLA

Yeah, I'm afraid so.

I've gathered some really good stories about people who have got their lives back on track with going to Town games playing a huge part. One person was filmed when we attended the open day in July - when he was unwell, going to games was part of his support plan and now him and his son pay to go to most home games.

I know it's my work but this was an open goal for the club…they blazed it over the bar though. I might now be working with Norwich instead...

Shocking that it wouldnt hurt would it to give a few tickets away.

Gentlybentley

15 quid vs Wendy on 13:41 - Nov 21 with 6327 viewsSuperfrans

15 quid vs Wendy on 12:31 - Nov 21 by TLA

Yeah, I'm afraid so.

Since you’re a fan, you should try again, but go via Liz Edwards this time. She may be able to help.

Often with these things, I suspect it’s how and through whom the approach is made. If you approach Liz in the way you have on here, I suspect you may have some joy. She’s at most away games and in Legends after most matches. Got to be worth another try.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

15 quid vs Wendy on 14:49 - Nov 21 with 6281 viewsTLA

15 quid vs Wendy on 13:41 - Nov 21 by Superfrans

Since you’re a fan, you should try again, but go via Liz Edwards this time. She may be able to help.

Often with these things, I suspect it’s how and through whom the approach is made. If you approach Liz in the way you have on here, I suspect you may have some joy. She’s at most away games and in Legends after most matches. Got to be worth another try.

I've been in touch with Liz about this from the start - I met her when I first had the idea and she's been great. She was really helpful in getting us a slot at the open day in July and all of my contact with her has been very positive.

Honestly, all I needed was a letter of support from the club to enable me to apply for funding but they wouldn't do it. I even dropped my request for a few tickets and just asked for a letter of support but was told the club couldn't do it. The Premier League Fans' Fund need the support from a club so it ended our chance of applying to do this project with Town.

I've had a better response from Norwich, which is hard to admit...
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 14:56]
15 quid vs Wendy on 16:19 - Nov 21 with 6231 viewsBenters

15 quid vs Wendy on 14:49 - Nov 21 by TLA

I've been in touch with Liz about this from the start - I met her when I first had the idea and she's been great. She was really helpful in getting us a slot at the open day in July and all of my contact with her has been very positive.

Honestly, all I needed was a letter of support from the club to enable me to apply for funding but they wouldn't do it. I even dropped my request for a few tickets and just asked for a letter of support but was told the club couldn't do it. The Premier League Fans' Fund need the support from a club so it ended our chance of applying to do this project with Town.

Nodge are rammed most home games.

Town have 16'000 empty seats some games.

Which one is more helpfull ffs!

Gentlybentley

15 quid vs Wendy on 16:31 - Nov 21 with 6219 viewsbrogansnose

15 quid vs Wendy on 10:51 - Nov 21 by itfcbam

Trouble is that its a Wednesday night in November and the game is on Sky. The Forest game would be more indicative of the cheaper seats working but on past experience this isn't the case. Plus we always seem to be quite poor, Newcastle excepted, on these occaisions which is hardly a good advertisement for returning. I think we can only do the cheap seats a certain amount of times a season.
15 quid vs Wendy on 17:29 - Nov 21 with 6191 viewsnorth_stand77

15 quid vs Wendy on 11:52 - Nov 21 by TLA

Oh well...

That really is disgraceful, whatever has happened to our family and community spirited club?!

As you say, what difference would it have made for the club other than show that they are not the soulless, unfriendly entity that they appear to have become.

Come on ITFC, have a heart
15 quid vs Wendy on 17:32 - Nov 21 with 6188 viewsSpruceMoose

Then you would get miserable gits moaning "UUUUUUUUUUUUURRGGRHRHGH I pay for my ticket, why should some kid get theirs for free?"
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 17:33]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

15 quid vs Wendy on 17:35 - Nov 21 with 6174 viewsBenters

15 quid vs Wendy on 17:32 - Nov 21 by SpruceMoose

Then you would get miserable gits moaning "UUUUUUUUUUUUURRGGRHRHGH I pay for my ticket, why should some kid get theirs for free?"
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 17:33]

Ipswich cha cha cha!

Gentlybentley

15 quid vs Wendy on 18:55 - Nov 21 with 6142 viewsjeera

15 quid vs Wendy on 14:49 - Nov 21 by TLA

Put it on their Twitter feed and embarrass them into action.

The club needs to start making friends with the town and its fans again.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

15 quid vs Wendy on 21:19 - Nov 21 with 6079 viewsnorth_stand77

15 quid vs Wendy on 18:55 - Nov 21 by jeera

Please do this TLA.
It's shocking that the club refused to help.
15 quid vs Wendy on 21:39 - Nov 21 with 6059 viewsjas0999

Doubt it. It’s on SKY. I’m a season ticket holder and with travel plus work commitments am seriously considering going home to watch it.
15 quid vs Wendy on 07:08 - Nov 22 with 5963 viewsTLA

15 quid vs Wendy on 18:55 - Nov 21 by jeera

Thanks for the encouragement and support.

To be honest, I've had to separate my work and my love of Town. I want to pilot our idea with a football club and as a lifelong Town fan, I dreamt it might be with us. I don't think that will happen.

It did feel a little bit disappointing - in my final correspondence, all I asked for was a couple of minutes for someone to write a letter saying they supported our idea. Without that, I can't apply for the funding I'd identified. They sent me a 'sorry we can't help but good luck with your work' response.

I fully understand that the club support certain charities but, after accepting that a few free tickets would not be on offer, this really was a something for nothing offer to them. Oh well...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024