Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The sacking of pulis 17:38 - Nov 20 with 5452 viewsnodge_blue

The BBC site has this:
The Welshman is a victim of his own football philosophy. He is a results man. The pretty stuff is not his style; Pulis does functional. Supporters don't find it easy on the eye and even his players tire of it. It means when results go wrong, there is no bank of goodwill to buy him time.

Swap the name for McCarthy and there you have it in a nutshell. The style can be forgiven when results are good but no bank of good will when they are not. It's why the criticism starts so quickly now after a defeat.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

The sacking of pulis on 17:46 - Nov 20 with 5389 viewslongtimefan

It starts pretty quickly on here after a draw
The sacking of pulis on 17:51 - Nov 20 with 5389 viewsJ2BLUE

'It's why the criticism starts so quickly now after a defeat.'

Disagree, it starts so quickly after a defeat because people overreact. I'm not talking about runs of defeats i'm talking about 'a defeat'.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The sacking of pulis on 18:13 - Nov 20 with 5326 viewsbournemouthblue

Next stop the Wales job I would guess?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The sacking of pulis on 18:21 - Nov 20 with 5308 viewsnodge_blue

The sacking of pulis on 17:51 - Nov 20 by J2BLUE

'It's why the criticism starts so quickly now after a defeat.'

Disagree, it starts so quickly after a defeat because people overreact. I'm not talking about runs of defeats i'm talking about 'a defeat'.

it may well be an over reaction but it still happens. Im really just saying that the BBC reporter has it nailed. There is not enough good will in the bank to draw on anymore. Will take top six at least to change that I think.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

The sacking of pulis on 18:22 - Nov 20 with 5299 viewsBlueBadger

The sacking of pulis on 17:46 - Nov 20 by longtimefan

It starts pretty quickly on here after a draw

Some like to start if we don't win by 87 goals...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The sacking of pulis on 18:47 - Nov 20 with 5243 viewsKeaneish

I can't forgive bad style regardless of the result. I pay to follow a football club, anything bastardising the fun and enjoyment i get out of football played in a way i grew up enjoying, isn't fit for purpose.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The sacking of pulis on 19:19 - Nov 20 with 5183 viewsSwansea_Blue

The sacking of pulis on 18:13 - Nov 20 by bournemouthblue

It's the type of nonsensical thing the Welsh FA would do. Completely contrary to the ethos Garry Speed implemented that was carried on by Coleman.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The sacking of pulis on 19:23 - Nov 20 with 5174 viewsbournemouthblue

The sacking of pulis on 19:19 - Nov 20 by Swansea_Blue

It's the type of nonsensical thing the Welsh FA would do. Completely contrary to the ethos Garry Speed implemented that was carried on by Coleman.

He's a safe pair of hands with a potentially functional line up really

If you keep it tight with that side, you can rely on a bit of magic from Bale or Ramsey?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

The sacking of pulis on 19:30 - Nov 20 with 5157 viewsSwansea_Blue

The sacking of pulis on 19:23 - Nov 20 by bournemouthblue

He's a safe pair of hands with a potentially functional line up really

If you keep it tight with that side, you can rely on a bit of magic from Bale or Ramsey?

They have been more than that though. The ability of their defence to be calm and play their way out of trouble, with excellent linking play by the like of Allen in front of them shouldn't be underestimated imo.

I don't disagree that he's considered a safe pair of hands, but hoofing first and foremost hasn't been their game.

Whoever gets it has a big job though. Not enough quality across the squad, virtually no backup for injuries, Ashley Williams starting to slow down big time (as important as Bale imo), Ledley pretty much finished.

If I was a betting man I certainly wouldn't bet against him becoming the next manager though. But then I didn't expect Southgate to get our gig, so it's probably a good job I'm not a betting man!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The sacking of pulis on 19:36 - Nov 20 with 5146 viewsunstableblue

Absolutely - you’re bang on the money.

If you’ve seen some endeavour, from a well picked team, if you’ve seen some energy, if you’ve had some running, some feisty tackles, a bit of craft and some quality, and a chance or three.

You go home happy with some love in the bank for the manager, even if it’s a loss or a draw. Temper those with some wins, and the managers all right with the fans.

We’re miles away from that at ITFC.

I was speaking to some Villa fans, and despite Bruce getting the going finally, there fed up of the defence first approach and the style. And they’ve god a good squad.

The sad thing is, that this season the league is weak. Only Wolves are playing with that bit of quality and energy and passing zeal. A bit of investment and a quality technical manager and you will progress, come on Marcus sort it out.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The sacking of pulis on 19:39 - Nov 20 with 5136 viewsLower_North

Don't feel for him one bit.

Never forget the Delap long throws that got Stoke promoted in the finish . Dreadful truly dreadful ..
The sacking of pulis on 19:44 - Nov 20 with 5121 viewschicoazul

The sacking of pulis on 18:13 - Nov 20 by bournemouthblue

Everton.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The sacking of pulis on 19:45 - Nov 20 with 5121 viewschicoazul

The sacking of pulis on 18:47 - Nov 20 by Keaneish

I can't forgive bad style regardless of the result. I pay to follow a football club, anything bastardising the fun and enjoyment i get out of football played in a way i grew up enjoying, isn't fit for purpose.

No Manager ever got sacked for winning too many games.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The sacking of pulis on 20:31 - Nov 20 with 5039 viewshowdonblue

Evans is a bloody joke !

Mcarthy out
Evans out
Whole bloody lot out please.

Except Bryan klug
The sacking of pulis on 20:35 - Nov 20 with 5034 viewsolimar

The sacking of pulis on 19:39 - Nov 20 by Lower_North

Don't feel for him one bit.

Never forget the Delap long throws that got Stoke promoted in the finish . Dreadful truly dreadful ..

If you were telling me that Pulis would come in at Ipswich, play that style of football, get us promoted and, in 10 years time we would be playing a different style of football having been in the Premier League ever since, Id bite your arm off for it.
Yeah Id always want to see my team play good football, but Id swap successful football for winning football without a hesitation right now and I cant see how any fan can honestly say they would turn their nose up at that success because they wish we passed it more.

He found a way of getting a below average Championship side out of this league and they have moved on.

Not to mention that when he took over at WBA and Palace neither of them looked like they would be hanging around in the PL either and I bet they didnt care less about the style of football when it kept them up.
The sacking of pulis on 20:37 - Nov 20 with 5024 viewsolimar

The sacking of pulis on 19:45 - Nov 20 by chicoazul

No Manager ever got sacked for winning too many games.

Exactly. And no fans ever campaign for a manager to get the sack when hes winning you promotion.
The sacking of pulis on 22:20 - Nov 20 with 4891 viewsJohnny_Boy

Ian Mackntosh said some things that rang similar on the Totally Football Podcast today.

Said Pulis won games by very fine margins - & when the luck deserts you, those tiny percentages are the difference between 3pts and 0pts.
The fans weren't happy with his playing style, but reluctantly put up with it because he'd always pull results from somewhere when it mattered. That has now failed him. The football is still as dire, but without the results.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 22:25]
The sacking of pulis on 22:37 - Nov 20 with 4863 viewstractorboy1978

The sacking of pulis on 20:35 - Nov 20 by olimar

If you were telling me that Pulis would come in at Ipswich, play that style of football, get us promoted and, in 10 years time we would be playing a different style of football having been in the Premier League ever since, Id bite your arm off for it.
Yeah Id always want to see my team play good football, but Id swap successful football for winning football without a hesitation right now and I cant see how any fan can honestly say they would turn their nose up at that success because they wish we passed it more.

He found a way of getting a below average Championship side out of this league and they have moved on.

Not to mention that when he took over at WBA and Palace neither of them looked like they would be hanging around in the PL either and I bet they didnt care less about the style of football when it kept them up.

If you could guarantee promotion, yes. However, in all honesty I think most of us have resigned ourselves to the fact it is entirely unlikely we will get promoted with this owner regardless of manager or style so we might as well enjoy it, take a risk and try someone with some fresh ideas.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 22:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024