Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. 07:36 - Nov 20 with 36687 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Platinum wedding anniversary. Great stuff.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

on 17:17 - Nov 20 with 5008 views_

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 17:13 - Nov 20 by blue_oyster

I gave you three chances to make a point. I think it's safe to assume that you don't have one.

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 17:49 - Nov 20 with 4987 viewsbrogansnose

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 09:03 - Nov 20 by chicoazul

of course a Royal Family is inherently ridiculous. nobody would really deny this, the idea that someone has "magic blood" is stupid and we all know they are basically Germans. But nonetheless I feel they represent a peoples and a time that now seems so very far away it might as well be another planet.

How long does a family have to be in the country before they can truly call themselves British ?

Just wondering like.
Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 17:51 - Nov 20 with 4981 viewsBenters

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 17:49 - Nov 20 by brogansnose

How long does a family have to be in the country before they can truly call themselves British ?

Just wondering like.

3 weeks.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 18:12 - Nov 20 with 4964 viewsSpruceMoose

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 17:49 - Nov 20 by brogansnose

Just wondering like.

Why on earth would they want to sign up to this odious tribe? Think we have some house cleaning to perform before we can be considered great again.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 18:14 - Nov 20 with 4958 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just wondering like.

I did raise this right at the beginning.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 18:31 - Nov 20 with 4949 viewsbrogansnose

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 18:14 - Nov 20 by GlasgowBlue

I did raise this right at the beginning.

Yeah, just went back and had a look Glassers.

I assume people downvoted it out of irony or they'll use the 'context' clause.
Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 19:35 - Nov 20 with 4913 viewsblue_oyster

on 17:17 - Nov 20 by _

Ah, the foul-mouthed abuser has spoken up. Are you ready to apologise for your unacceptable behaviour of hate filled four-letter abuse when you last couldn't agree?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 19:41 - Nov 20 with 4905 viewsSpruceMoose

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 19:35 - Nov 20 by blue_oyster

Ah, the foul-mouthed abuser has spoken up. Are you ready to apologise for your unacceptable behaviour of hate filled four-letter abuse when you last couldn't agree?

You sir, need to get a life.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 19:41 - Nov 20 with 4904 viewschicoazul

Just wondering like.

Haha, fair point.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 19:41 - Nov 20 with 4897 viewsGlasgowBlue

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 09:30 - Nov 20 by GlasgowBlue

The queen was born in the U.K. as was her father. And her father,s father and..........

I have a very good friend whose grandparents emigrated from the Punjab in the 1950’s. His parents were born in the U.K. as was he.

If somebody used his grandparents nationality as a dig then I’d say it was soft racism.

Another downvote Libby?

This is quite odd because to downvote this post is to support using the race of somebody’s ancestor to have a dig.

Iron Lion Zion

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 19:43 - Nov 20 with 4897 viewschicoazul

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 19:41 - Nov 20 by GlasgowBlue

Another downvote Libby?

This is quite odd because to downvote this post is to support using the race of somebody’s ancestor to have a dig.

This post will confuse a lot of people.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 19:44 - Nov 20 with 4893 viewsGlasgowBlue

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 18:31 - Nov 20 by brogansnose

Yeah, just went back and had a look Glassers.

I assume people downvoted it out of irony or they'll use the 'context' clause.

When you see who the doenvoters were it’s hardly a surprise.

One of them would be the first person to be offended if a racial slur was used but as it’s the Queen and she has lots of money then she’s fair game for it.

Another example is Emma Dent Coad. For some it’s perfectly acceptable to racialy abuse somebody if they are a Tory.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 19:51]

Iron Lion Zion

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 20:35 - Nov 20 with 4869 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 19:44 - Nov 20 by GlasgowBlue

When you see who the doenvoters were it’s hardly a surprise.

One of them would be the first person to be offended if a racial slur was used but as it’s the Queen and she has lots of money then she’s fair game for it.

Another example is Emma Dent Coad. For some it’s perfectly acceptable to racialy abuse somebody if they are a Tory.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 19:51]

As you well know there is a certain splendid irony in the 'Rule Britannia' brigade (generally in the real world, not on here specifically) fawning over the true Brit institution when seen in this context(the German heritage).You have jumped at an opportunity to stretch a point in an attempt to score cheap points in an on going battle of egos !
Clearly in relation to the broader point once given citizenship then you are British.....some of the 'fawners' would not agree though.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

on 21:40 - Nov 20 with 4833 views_

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 19:35 - Nov 20 by blue_oyster

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 21:52 - Nov 20 with 4824 viewsGlasgowBlue

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 20:35 - Nov 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

As you well know there is a certain splendid irony in the 'Rule Britannia' brigade (generally in the real world, not on here specifically) fawning over the true Brit institution when seen in this context(the German heritage).You have jumped at an opportunity to stretch a point in an attempt to score cheap points in an on going battle of egos !
Clearly in relation to the broader point once given citizenship then you are British.....some of the 'fawners' would not agree though.

This 'True Brit' institution has had, at various times, Nordic born Monarchs on the throne. French born Monarchs on the throne, Dutch born Monarchs on the throne and German born Monarchs on the thrones.

They have in turn married wives and husbands from all manner of foreign countries. So yes it is a British institution inasmuch as it has always been multi cultural.

No9 always uses the term "German" as an insult to the current Royal family, as if they are not quite British, despite the current Queen's father being the British born son of a British born father and British born mother. Her mother, the late Queen mum was also the British born daughter of British born parents.

It's not acceptable to use the race of past ancestors to have a dig at somebody. Why should soft racism be acceptable in the case of the Queen?

I'm genuinely interested if anyone can defend or justify it.

Iron Lion Zion

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 22:16 - Nov 20 with 4800 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 21:52 - Nov 20 by GlasgowBlue

This 'True Brit' institution has had, at various times, Nordic born Monarchs on the throne. French born Monarchs on the throne, Dutch born Monarchs on the throne and German born Monarchs on the thrones.

They have in turn married wives and husbands from all manner of foreign countries. So yes it is a British institution inasmuch as it has always been multi cultural.

No9 always uses the term "German" as an insult to the current Royal family, as if they are not quite British, despite the current Queen's father being the British born son of a British born father and British born mother. Her mother, the late Queen mum was also the British born daughter of British born parents.

It's not acceptable to use the race of past ancestors to have a dig at somebody. Why should soft racism be acceptable in the case of the Queen?

I see that you are chosing to ignore the irony point that is the core of my comment, which explains the rationale for the down vote earlier in the thread, as referred to a few posts ago by you.
The actual issue is the day to day hard racism of a certain element of monarchy fawners.....so the "dig" is at them and not her majestyness......but deep down you know this. Strawman alert.
At the risk of putting words in No9's mouth I imagine this is his motivation for reminding a certain demographic of Liz's heritage.

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 22:23 - Nov 20 with 4782 viewsGlasgowBlue

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 22:16 - Nov 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

I see that you are chosing to ignore the irony point that is the core of my comment, which explains the rationale for the down vote earlier in the thread, as referred to a few posts ago by you.
The actual issue is the day to day hard racism of a certain element of monarchy fawners.....so the "dig" is at them and not her majestyness......but deep down you know this. Strawman alert.
At the risk of putting words in No9's mouth I imagine this is his motivation for reminding a certain demographic of Liz's heritage.

"The actual issue is the day to day hard racism of a certain element of monarchy fawners"

Is it? There is hard racism from both he far right in the form of the BNP and the far left in the rise of antisemitism. I don't recognise Monarchy fawning in either camp. All I see is nasty bigotry.

Now is it justified to use the race of somebody's ancestor to have a dig at them? It seems so if the target of that dig is wealthy. Which in turn is why Jew hate gets an easier ride than other forms of racism. Because the victim of Jew hate is perceived to be too rich and too powerful, whereas most victims of racism are seen as being inferior.

As for your final point. Perhaps you should read No9's posts more carefully. He;s had similar digs at both Indian and Chinese migrant workers over the years he has posted here.

Iron Lion Zion

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 22:41 - Nov 20 with 4766 viewsStNeotsBlue

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 14:57 - Nov 20 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Tbf, I'm no leftie, but I despise the Royals and would like a republic, shame Olly Cromwell messed up after getting rid of Charles I. This myth we would lose out on tourism if we did away with them is ridiculous. Tourists come to see the sites like the tower of London and Stonehenge not have tea with Liz Windsor at Buck palace. They basically came into existence through 'medieval mafia' type families, do we still need that now in 2017?

Oliver Cromwell was from Huntingdon which instantly indicates he was a wrong 'un. Also, statistically above average chance that he was a degenerate smackhead judging by current residents.

God save the Queen.
Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 22:46 - Nov 20 with 4755 viewsjeera

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 19:41 - Nov 20 by chicoazul

Haha, fair point.

Most people who have become British, by whatever means, don't receive tens of millions a year and half a dozen nice pads to live in, and all other privileges by grace of the rest of the population.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 23:00 - Nov 20 with 4735 viewsdickie

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 09:24 - Nov 20 by FrowsyArmLarry

I saw last night that the royals generate an estimated 1.5 billion income per year for the country.

How much revenue do you think you generate each year?

If they generate such an income surely they could become a private company then generate a significant amount of tax whilst still bringing in these tourists? Privatise not subsidise
Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 23:05 - Nov 20 with 4726 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 22:23 - Nov 20 by GlasgowBlue

"The actual issue is the day to day hard racism of a certain element of monarchy fawners"

Is it? There is hard racism from both he far right in the form of the BNP and the far left in the rise of antisemitism. I don't recognise Monarchy fawning in either camp. All I see is nasty bigotry.

Now is it justified to use the race of somebody's ancestor to have a dig at them? It seems so if the target of that dig is wealthy. Which in turn is why Jew hate gets an easier ride than other forms of racism. Because the victim of Jew hate is perceived to be too rich and too powerful, whereas most victims of racism are seen as being inferior.

As for your final point. Perhaps you should read No9's posts more carefully. He;s had similar digs at both Indian and Chinese migrant workers over the years he has posted here.

-In relation to the downvotes of your second post on this thread then clearly yes.
-Your attempt to align antisemitism as a thing of the left, equal and opposite to the racist BNP is desperately sad.
-The monarch could be Liz, Geoffrey Boycott, a photogenic 16 year old Syrian refugee or Paul Mariner.....my respect for the position would be equal regardless! As would be my disregard for those that fawn over them for that fawning !

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 01:02 - Nov 21 with 4682 viewsRyorry

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 21:52 - Nov 20 by GlasgowBlue

I'm a bit hazy on history, but don't many of the German relations trace back to UK heritage anyway? eg Kaiser Wilhelm II was eldest grandchild of Queen Victoria.

I think many, or most anti-monarchists on the thread are also overlooking the most obvious reason for us retaining a monarchy in 2017 - it's been part of our history and cultural heritage for what, over a thousand years? (come in Guthers please!). As we seem to do things rather differently from the French, being laid back and phlegmatic in nature instead of (shamelessly invokes further cultural stereotypes) like those hotheaded French people who go on strike or have revolutions when they're not happy about something, we've not been sufficiently moved to get rid - yet. Perhaps we will do so at some point in the near future - everything has a natural timespan. But for the time being, Brexit is probably as much of a fundamental shake-up as we'll be able to absorb - becoming a republic will have to wait till we've settled down a bit after that!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 01:27 - Nov 21 with 4669 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just wondering like.

According to UKIPPers about 35,000 years.

'Bl00dy anatomically modern humans, coming over here with their advanced stone tool technologies and exploiting our eco-cultural niche'.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 04:08 - Nov 21 with 4651 viewsRyorry

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 10:01 - Nov 20 by Radlett_blue

You get to invite someone to form a government in the event of a hung parliament.
You also get to attend lots of boring banquets with the likes of Donald Trump, Robert Mugabe etc etc.

Obviously an unanswerable question, but I wonder of Her Maj, given a free choice in her own mind, would have chosen her current life, or would have preferred to be a land-rover mechanic, horse trainer, dog-breeder etc? I know I would - as I've said before in previous monarchy threads on here, personally, I'd rather dig ditches for a living and live in a mid-terrace, than have to exist in a goldfishbowl of handshaking & eternal polite conversation with 'always on best behaviour' forelock tuggers!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 07:39 - Nov 21 with 4606 viewsGlasgowBlue

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 23:05 - Nov 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

-In relation to the downvotes of your second post on this thread then clearly yes.
-Your attempt to align antisemitism as a thing of the left, equal and opposite to the racist BNP is desperately sad.
-The monarch could be Liz, Geoffrey Boycott, a photogenic 16 year old Syrian refugee or Paul Mariner.....my respect for the position would be equal regardless! As would be my disregard for those that fawn over them for that fawning !

I really wish people would read what I post.

I didn’t try to align antisemitsm with the left any more than I tried to align racism with the right. I said far right and far left. An important distinction.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024