Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. 07:36 - Nov 20 with 36730 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Platinum wedding anniversary. Great stuff.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 13:58 - Nov 20 with 5815 viewsGlasgowBlue

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:58 - Nov 20 by No9

"The Queen isn’t defrauding the general public out of millions of £ in tax"

You are surely not including the 'civil list' and other hangers on in this statement?

No. I am specifically dealing with Libby's statement regarding the Queen.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 14:00 - Nov 20 with 5821 viewsSpruceMoose

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 10:43 - Nov 20 by No9

So, like many others you have no explanation?
Who will be missed, other than by the cash saved?

What else do you expect from Trolly McTrollface?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 14:11 - Nov 20 with 5809 viewsNo9

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 14:00 - Nov 20 by SpruceMoose

What else do you expect from Trolly McTrollface?

Nowt I s'pose?
Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 14:45 - Nov 20 with 5778 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:55 - Nov 20 by blue_oyster

Big mistake, those 357 years of not having any dictators, no violent overthrows of governments or no concentration camps .
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 12:57]

Well.......
http://www.sahistory.org.za/topic/women-children-white-concentration-camps-durin

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 14:49 - Nov 20 with 5772 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Ironic when Royalist toadies like Walter the Softy from the Beano (aka Jacob Rees Mogg) go on about unelected EU institutions yet is quite happy to suck up to the biggest unelected, undemocratic, tax dodging entity that is the British Monarchy.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 14:57 - Nov 20 with 5754 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:51 - Nov 20 by Benters

I think they the Royal family are great im just having a cuppa out of my Royal wedding mug.

God save the Queen.

End of.

Tbf, I'm no leftie, but I despise the Royals and would like a republic, shame Olly Cromwell messed up after getting rid of Charles I. This myth we would lose out on tourism if we did away with them is ridiculous. Tourists come to see the sites like the tower of London and Stonehenge not have tea with Liz Windsor at Buck palace. They basically came into existence through 'medieval mafia' type families, do we still need that now in 2017?

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:06 - Nov 20 with 5741 viewsblue_oyster

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 14:45 - Nov 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well.......
http://www.sahistory.org.za/topic/women-children-white-concentration-camps-durin

Well what?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:12 - Nov 20 with 5727 viewsblueislander

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 14:49 - Nov 20 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Ironic when Royalist toadies like Walter the Softy from the Beano (aka Jacob Rees Mogg) go on about unelected EU institutions yet is quite happy to suck up to the biggest unelected, undemocratic, tax dodging entity that is the British Monarchy.

I think that we established earlier in this thread that the Monarchy are not "tax dodgers"
Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:12 - Nov 20 with 5724 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

At the end of the day, someone has to be at the top or it would be mayhem.

I'd prefer it to be the Queen or Prince William or even Prince Harry to some political tosser which would be the case if the monarchy was abolished.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:14 - Nov 20 with 5711 viewsnoggin

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:12 - Nov 20 by The_Romford_Blue

I'd prefer it to be the Queen or Prince William or even Prince Harry to some political tosser which would be the case if the monarchy was abolished.

How does the queen prevent any mayhem?
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 15:18]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:19 - Nov 20 with 5693 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:06 - Nov 20 by blue_oyster

Well what?

Exports don't count then ?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:22 - Nov 20 with 5687 viewsblue_oyster

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:19 - Nov 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Exports don't count then ?

Sorry, I don't follow. Can you make your point clearly?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:23 - Nov 20 with 5683 viewsJ2BLUE

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:12 - Nov 20 by The_Romford_Blue

None of these arguments can counter the argument that it's simply not acceptable in 2017 to have a royal family. Of course this is a personal opinion and I respect that not everyone agrees but arguments like yours ("imagine President Cameron!" - a gem from a previous thread) and money ("they generate £1.5bn a year") can't convince people who are opposed based on the belief that we're all equal and royalty isn't appropriate in 2017.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:27 - Nov 20 with 5677 viewsNewcyBlue

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:23 - Nov 20 by J2BLUE

None of these arguments can counter the argument that it's simply not acceptable in 2017 to have a royal family. Of course this is a personal opinion and I respect that not everyone agrees but arguments like yours ("imagine President Cameron!" - a gem from a previous thread) and money ("they generate £1.5bn a year") can't convince people who are opposed based on the belief that we're all equal and royalty isn't appropriate in 2017.

“We’re all equal” how can you declare that considering the atrocities you do to eggs?!??!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:33 - Nov 20 with 5659 viewsJ2BLUE

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:27 - Nov 20 by NewcyBlue

“We’re all equal” how can you declare that considering the atrocities you do to eggs?!??!

Some are more equal than others.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:38 - Nov 20 with 5647 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:22 - Nov 20 by blue_oyster

Sorry, I don't follow. Can you make your point clearly?

You....
"Big mistake, those 357 years of not having any dictators, no violent overthrows of governments or no concentration camps ."

Reality
"
Boer women, children and men unfit for service were herded together in concentration camps by the British forces during Anglo-Boer War 2 (1899-1902). The first two of these camps (refugee camps) were established to house the families of burghers who had surrendered voluntarily, but very soon, with families of combatant burgers driven forcibly into camps established all over the country, the camps ceased to be refugee camps and became concentration camps. The abhorrent conditions in these camps caused the death of 4 177 women, 22 074 children under sixteen and 1 676 men, mainly those too old to be on commando, notwithstanding the efforts of an English lady, Emily Hobhouse, who tried her best to make the British authorities aware of the plight of especially the women and children in the camps."

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:45 - Nov 20 with 5638 viewschicoazul

This is the most sensible thing I have ever seen you say. You're absolutely right. This is why most politicians hate the monarchy btw, because it prevents one of the political class from assuming absolute power.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 16:00 - Nov 20 with 5620 viewsblue_oyster

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:38 - Nov 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

You....
"Big mistake, those 357 years of not having any dictators, no violent overthrows of governments or no concentration camps ."

Reality
"
Boer women, children and men unfit for service were herded together in concentration camps by the British forces during Anglo-Boer War 2 (1899-1902). The first two of these camps (refugee camps) were established to house the families of burghers who had surrendered voluntarily, but very soon, with families of combatant burgers driven forcibly into camps established all over the country, the camps ceased to be refugee camps and became concentration camps. The abhorrent conditions in these camps caused the death of 4 177 women, 22 074 children under sixteen and 1 676 men, mainly those too old to be on commando, notwithstanding the efforts of an English lady, Emily Hobhouse, who tried her best to make the British authorities aware of the plight of especially the women and children in the camps."

Thanks for that. For the last time, what is your point?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 16:06 - Nov 20 with 5613 viewsSpruceMoose

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 16:00 - Nov 20 by blue_oyster

Good to see you epic blub last week hasn't derailed the troll-train.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 16:15 - Nov 20 with 5596 viewsbrazil1982

Can I just clear up this "civil list" discussion - only the Queen and HRH Prince Philip receive an annual allowance from this. The remainder is budgeted for the expenses of the Royal household.
Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 16:21 - Nov 20 with 5591 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 15:45 - Nov 20 by chicoazul

This is the most sensible thing I have ever seen you say. You're absolutely right. This is why most politicians hate the monarchy btw, because it prevents one of the political class from assuming absolute power.

I'll take that as a positive

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 16:54 - Nov 20 with 5559 viewsRadlett_blue

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 16:15 - Nov 20 by brazil1982

Can I just clear up this "civil list" discussion - only the Queen and HRH Prince Philip receive an annual allowance from this. The remainder is budgeted for the expenses of the Royal household.

Though, for example, we have been funding detectives to watch over the precious "Princesses" Beatrice & Eugenie for years.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 16:59 - Nov 20 with 5550 viewsRadlett_blue

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 16:15 - Nov 20 by brazil1982

You are technically correct, but to stop the annual furore over the large sums paid out to junior royals, in 1993 the Queen agreed to meet the expenses of these other family members, but was able to offset this funding against tax. So the taxpayer still funds around half of this spending.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 16:59 - Nov 20 with 5548 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 16:00 - Nov 20 by blue_oyster

Ok I can see that you struggle with words so let's try some imagery......

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 17:13 - Nov 20 with 5535 viewsblue_oyster

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 16:59 - Nov 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Ok I can see that you struggle with words so let's try some imagery......

I gave you three chances to make a point. I think it's safe to assume that you don't have one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024