Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. 07:36 - Nov 20 with 36752 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Platinum wedding anniversary. Great stuff.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:00 - Nov 20 with 4959 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 09:51 - Nov 20 by _

How is pointing out that your statement “she is defrauding the general public out of millions of tax” is completely false, in anyway white knighting anyone leaning vaguely to the right?

You made a statement that was false. Somebody pointed this out and rather than address the subject you down are owed him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:02 - Nov 20 with 4959 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 10:47 - Nov 20 by _

Do you have either a work or private pension?

Iron Lion Zion

on 12:06 - Nov 20 with 4944 views_

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:00 - Nov 20 by GlasgowBlue

How is pointing out that your statement “she is defrauding the general public out of millions of tax” is completely false, in anyway white knighting anyone leaning vaguely to the right?

You made a statement that was false. Somebody pointed this out and rather than address the subject you down are owed him.

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:06 - Nov 20 with 4942 viewsNo9

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 11:49 - Nov 20 by blue_oyster

Indeed, enjoy it while it lasts. I bet you can't wait for your competent and efficient government to have even more control of you. They're doing so *well*, aren't they?

Brexit will pass the establishment and executive more powers than they could ever have dreamed for.
What is your point?
Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:07 - Nov 20 with 4938 viewsNo9

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:02 - Nov 20 by GlasgowBlue

Do you have either a work or private pension?

That has already been dealt with
Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:28 - Nov 20 with 4916 viewsblue_oyster

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:06 - Nov 20 by No9

Brexit will pass the establishment and executive more powers than they could ever have dreamed for.
What is your point?

That is a non-sequitur. The point is that you desire the destruction of the monarchy who do tireless work for charity and the people of the country in favour of an all-powerful state who do not do this.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:31 - Nov 20 with 4908 viewsNo9

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:28 - Nov 20 by blue_oyster

That is a non-sequitur. The point is that you desire the destruction of the monarchy who do tireless work for charity and the people of the country in favour of an all-powerful state who do not do this.

Re: my point about Brexit
Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:33 - Nov 20 with 4897 viewsBenters

on 08:49 - Nov 20 by _

Yep typical Labour supporter.

Cant have it ? Smash the system and blub.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:36 - Nov 20 with 4891 viewsBenters

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 09:24 - Nov 20 by FrowsyArmLarry

I saw last night that the royals generate an estimated 1.5 billion income per year for the country.

How much revenue do you think you generate each year?

Not a lot he is on here 24/7 !

Gentlybentley

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:37 - Nov 20 with 4888 viewsBenters

on 09:27 - Nov 20 by _

Such hatred!

Gentlybentley

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:37 - Nov 20 with 4886 viewsJ2BLUE

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 08:03 - Nov 20 by chicoazul

Like so many institutions in Britain that are being eroded and slowly done away with, we will miss them when they are gone.

Doubt it, they seem more popular than ever. I would love a republic but too many support them to see it any time soon. Congrats to them though, I wish them no harm.

I'm just hoping we get another day off when Harry gets married.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:40 - Nov 20 with 4875 viewsJ2BLUE

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:33 - Nov 20 by Benters

Yep typical Labour supporter.

Cant have it ? Smash the system and blub.

Being opposed to a royal family in 2017 has nothing to do with wanting to ''smash the system'. The system needs an overhaul, not destroying.

Truly impaired.

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:41 - Nov 20 with 4872 viewsKitman

We got rid of this lot in 1649...only to let 'em back in 11 years later. Big mistake that.

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:51 - Nov 20 with 4850 viewsBenters

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:40 - Nov 20 by J2BLUE

Being opposed to a royal family in 2017 has nothing to do with wanting to ''smash the system'. The system needs an overhaul, not destroying.

I think they the Royal family are great im just having a cuppa out of my Royal wedding mug.

God save the Queen.

End of.

Gentlybentley

on 12:51 - Nov 20 with 4843 views_

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:36 - Nov 20 by Benters

Not a lot he is on here 24/7 !

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:55 - Nov 20 with 4837 viewsblue_oyster

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:41 - Nov 20 by Kitman

We got rid of this lot in 1649...only to let 'em back in 11 years later. Big mistake that.

Big mistake, those 357 years of not having any dictators, no violent overthrows of governments or no concentration camps .
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 12:57]

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:55 - Nov 20 with 4832 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 12:06 - Nov 20 by _

I’m not bickering with anyone. There isn’t anything to argue or bicker about. You made a statement that was completely false, two people have pointed this out to you and rather than address that issue and you are wriggling and squirming and trying to fabricate an argument that doesn’t exist.

Sometimes it’s better to put your hands up and admit you were wrong. Which you were. It would save me having to repeat myself and you having to get all defensive.

The Queen isn’t defrauding the general public out of millions of £ in tax.

Iron Lion Zion

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:58 - Nov 20 with 4823 viewsBenters

on 12:51 - Nov 20 by _

Really? That makes a pleasant change!

Gentlybentley

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:58 - Nov 20 with 4823 viewsJ2BLUE

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:51 - Nov 20 by Benters

I think they the Royal family are great im just having a cuppa out of my Royal wedding mug.

God save the Queen.

End of.

That doesn't bother me in the slightest. I question anyone who thinks it's ok to have a royal family in 2017 but when you hear arguments like 'they generate £1.5bn' you realise how people are justifying it. I believe all people are equal. That is a belief incompatible with a royal family. No amount of poorly thought rubbish about money is going to change that.

Truly impaired.

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:58 - Nov 20 with 4822 viewsNo9

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:55 - Nov 20 by GlasgowBlue

I’m not bickering with anyone. There isn’t anything to argue or bicker about. You made a statement that was completely false, two people have pointed this out to you and rather than address that issue and you are wriggling and squirming and trying to fabricate an argument that doesn’t exist.

Sometimes it’s better to put your hands up and admit you were wrong. Which you were. It would save me having to repeat myself and you having to get all defensive.

The Queen isn’t defrauding the general public out of millions of £ in tax.

"The Queen isn’t defrauding the general public out of millions of £ in tax"

You are surely not including the 'civil list' and other hangers on in this statement?
on 13:00 - Nov 20 with 4815 views_

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:58 - Nov 20 by Benters

Really? That makes a pleasant change!

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 13:01 - Nov 20 with 4816 viewsKitman

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 12:55 - Nov 20 by blue_oyster

Big mistake, those 357 years of not having any dictators, no violent overthrows of governments or no concentration camps .
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 12:57]

1688?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 13:13 - Nov 20 with 4802 viewsblue_oyster

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 13:01 - Nov 20 by Kitman

1688?

Glorious, wasn't it?

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 13:23 - Nov 20 with 4785 viewsKitman

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 13:13 - Nov 20 by blue_oyster

Glorious, wasn't it?

..if you're up for Dutch takeovers....

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 13:32 - Nov 20 with 4776 viewschicoazul

Congratulations to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. on 09:49 - Nov 20 by solemio

Professor Vernon Bogdanor, widely considered to be the leading expert on the British constitution, says that there is no way that an arrangement such as the Royal Family would be arrived at if we were starting from scratch now.

However he also says that when you examine the alternatives they are comfortably the best of a bad bunch of options. Would we really want our constitutional head of state to be elected? It would then become just a political football. These are Bogdanor's views, and I think they have much force.

I'd certainly support fewer 'hanger-on' members of the Royal Family receiving public funding which could be far better used in so many other ways.

There is no way many institutions we have in this country would be designed that way if you started from scratch, but for many people those very things are large parts of what makes this country (still, just about) a very good one to live in.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024