Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... 17:31 - Nov 19 with 14057 viewsBloots

.....are a strange bunch.

When we win you don't hear a squeak from them, if we don't win they are all over this forum like a rash.

Why is that?

Out of curiosity, I had a look at a certain posters history:

Beat Burton: 3 posts in the next 24 hours.

Lose to Cardiff: 34 posts.

Beat Preston: 13 posts.

Draw with Hull: 54 posts.

So over this small sample, when we win he/she posts 8 times, when we don't he/she posts 44 times.

Very odd.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

That wasn't the underlying thread at all..... on 09:10 - Nov 20 with 3787 viewsBloots

(No subject) on 08:55 - Nov 20 by christiand

It does work the other way as well, look at the underlying thread of the OP. There are comments made by those that have the audacity to even question a poor performance and are instantly categorise as moaners - that's pretty boring too. Especially, when you are trying to give an opinion. It just seems to me, if you are not with the majority on here then you're opinion is not warranted and that's not right.

It's a forum, supporters giving their views. You might not agree with it, but they are equally entitled to give their view. No opinion is better than anyone else's however you try to sugarcoat it or you believe.

....you've just made that up.

It's not complicated.

Certain people don't post when we win, but do when we fail to win.

Even totally non related posts are turned into a snipe at the club by some people.

There's a recent post about the ref on Wednesday, that someone has tried to hijack by having a dig at McCarthy.

It's pointless.

That wasn't the underlying thread at all..... on 09:17 - Nov 20 with 3775 viewschristiand

That wasn't the underlying thread at all..... on 09:10 - Nov 20 by Bloots

It's not complicated.

Even totally non related posts are turned into a snipe at the club by some people.

There's a recent post about the ref on Wednesday, that someone has tried to hijack by having a dig at McCarthy.

It's pointless.

Of course not Bloots, I can speak from experience. Yes, I can hold my hands up and say I do get frustrated by the club at times both on and off the pitch. But as soon as I start talking about us tactically or the way we play then I'm instantly branded as a 'moaner'. I'm certainly more than happy to have a discussion with others about the match. But as soon as that nonsense comes out then it becomes irritating.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

(No subject) on 09:23 - Nov 20 with 3764 viewsAxeldalai_lama

(No subject) on 08:55 - Nov 20 by christiand

It does work the other way as well, look at the underlying thread of the OP. There are comments made by those that have the audacity to even question a poor performance and are instantly categorise as moaners - that's pretty boring too. Especially, when you are trying to give an opinion. It just seems to me, if you are not with the majority on here then you're opinion is not warranted and that's not right.

It's a forum, supporters giving their views. You might not agree with it, but they are equally entitled to give their view. No opinion is better than anyone else's however you try to sugarcoat it or you believe.

It's stupid the other way too.
There is clearly a middle ground.
However I do think it's a bit ar$e about face for there to be people moaning that there are too many people going over the top when we win! Whereas I can see the logic of people getting annoyed with those who jump in with glee when we lose.
Not saying either end of the scale is a good thing but on a football club supporters website its understandable that when said football club wins the fans may get silly and OTT. To give equal leeway to people being amazingly negative given the slightest downer seems strange.
And yes I understand why people are negative and accept there is a debate to be had, but the incesent, 'Dino Mick is a tw@t, I told you so' types after every loss are just pathetic.
(No subject) on 09:24 - Nov 20 with 3764 viewsartsbossbeard

(No subject) on 19:33 - Nov 19 by textbackup

I definitely think instead of the term "fans" or "they" or "people" that the likes of you should use actual poster names so there's an understanding of who its aimed at. very "mums on facebook" all this cryptic sh1t

also, who really bothers chatting about a win? you're happy, a loss and you want to talk it over with fellow fans. or is that too much to consider
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 19:35]

I don't get this "not chatting about a win" line.

Some are quick to bemoan a Chambers defensive mistake, so conversely, why can't some praise a decent bit of play or a well taken goal to the same extent?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

That wasn't the underlying thread at all..... on 09:30 - Nov 20 with 3750 viewsAxeldalai_lama

That wasn't the underlying thread at all..... on 09:17 - Nov 20 by christiand

Of course not Bloots, I can speak from experience. Yes, I can hold my hands up and say I do get frustrated by the club at times both on and off the pitch. But as soon as I start talking about us tactically or the way we play then I'm instantly branded as a 'moaner'. I'm certainly more than happy to have a discussion with others about the match. But as soon as that nonsense comes out then it becomes irritating.

Depends on context of course.
If it's 5 minutes after the final whistle and people are celebrating and looking at the positives to immediately come in and slate aspects of the match and performance, however well balanced is likely to be met with a little annoyance.
Once the dust has settled fans are more happy to look at the down side I'd say, and if the same people are shouting you down without reason at that point it's unnecessary and stupid. Depends just how picky people are being though, and what exactly they are blaming MM and the team for.
There's a huge difference between..... on 10:27 - Nov 20 with 3717 viewsBloots

That wasn't the underlying thread at all..... on 09:17 - Nov 20 by christiand

...talking about the (undoubted) issues that we have in terms of ability, formation and tactics than just screaming "Mick out!" and making sarcastic comments to every vaguely positive point people make.

I'm not saying that you personally do that, but undoubtedly some people do.

My point is that they have absolutely nothing positive to say, when there are undoubtedly some positives to be taken.

...although you do moan quite a lot.

Praise isn't "cool" anymore..... on 10:30 - Nov 20 with 3714 viewsBloots

(No subject) on 09:24 - Nov 20 by artsbossbeard

Some are quick to bemoan a Chambers defensive mistake, so conversely, why can't some praise a decent bit of play or a well taken goal to the same extent?

....particularly on here.

Look at the grief fans like Rommy have got.

Old Sitters used to get it too.

The people that moan about the lack of atmosphere and attendance at PR are the same people taking the piss out of those that want to create one through their enthusiasm.

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 10:31 - Nov 20 with 3707 viewsnoitan

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 18:08 - Nov 19 by Swansea_Blue

Nah. People take a masochistic pleasure in moaning/venting. Doesn't just apply to football. And it's addictive & contagious.

That is very true. Most of them probably enjoy it.

Curlew

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 11:15 - Nov 20 with 3683 viewstextbackup

(No subject) on 09:24 - Nov 20 by artsbossbeard

What I mean is there is less to chew the fat over, you know that.

Good play is often spoken about by many, but Bloots you etc seem only excited about the negative comments and overlook the pro comments
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 11:17]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

(No subject) on 11:16 - Nov 20 with 3674 viewsartsbossbeard

(No subject) on 11:15 - Nov 20 by textbackup

Good play is often spoken about by many, but Bloots you etc seem only excited about the negative comments and overlook the pro comments

The complete opposite of excited, if I'm being honest.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Your first response after Saturday was..... on 11:21 - Nov 20 with 3666 viewsBloots

(No subject) on 11:15 - Nov 20 by textbackup

..."We are sh*t at defending" and "Sounds like we were awful".

That wasn't the underlying thread at all..... on 11:24 - Nov 20 with 3657 viewstextbackup

That wasn't the underlying thread at all..... on 09:10 - Nov 20 by Bloots

It's not complicated.

It's pointless.

Name this scum that aren't on here after a win

Praise isn't "cool" anymore..... on 12:25 - Nov 20 with 3615 viewsBenters

Praise isn't "cool" anymore..... on 10:30 - Nov 20 by Bloots

....particularly on here.

Look at the grief fans like Rommy have got.

Old Sitters used to get it too.

The people that moan about the lack of atmosphere and attendance at PR are the same people taking the piss out of those that want to create one through their enthusiasm.

lol i love all these superfan mentions.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

QED. (n/t) on 12:28 - Nov 20 with 3608 viewsBloots

Praise isn't "cool" anymore..... on 12:25 - Nov 20 by Benters

lol i love all these superfan mentions.

Your first response after Saturday was..... on 12:34 - Nov 20 with 3600 viewstextbackup

Your first response after Saturday was..... on 11:21 - Nov 20 by Bloots

..."We are sh*t at defending" and "Sounds like we were awful".

We drew. After being 1-0 up Vs a team that are in a bit of a mess. Sorry I wasn't wa.nking over the screen in joy at that.
Had we won and I said those things you might have a valid point.

And we are sht at defending, each game brings a new balls up resulting in a goal.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 12:36]

(No subject) on 12:44 - Nov 20 with 3584 viewsCrawfordsboot

I’m not sure that there is much point in trying to analyse the whys and wherefore in any great detail.
The reality is that a great many folk lead lives that leave them feeling powerless and unfulfilled. Add to this the unreal life expectations generated by trash culture then its hardly surprising that people strike out and feel empowered to criticise anything and everything as aggressively as possible.

Everyone can be famous. It’s a right innit!
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 12:46]
(No subject) on 12:50 - Nov 20 with 3568 viewstextbackup

(No subject) on 12:44 - Nov 20 by Crawfordsboot

I’m not sure that there is much point in trying to analyse the whys and wherefore in any great detail.
The reality is that a great many folk lead lives that leave them feeling powerless and unfulfilled. Add to this the unreal life expectations generated by trash culture then its hardly surprising that people strike out and feel empowered to criticise anything and everything as aggressively as possible.

Everyone can be famous. It’s a right innit!
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 12:46]

Lol - football fans showing passion shock. (Actually at ITFC that is a rare thing)

(No subject) on 12:55 - Nov 20 with 3562 viewsCrawfordsboot

(No subject) on 12:50 - Nov 20 by textbackup

Lol - football fans showing passion shock. (Actually at ITFC that is a rare thing)

I think perhaps you are confusing passion (to be commended) with irrational naked aggression
(No subject) on 12:56 - Nov 20 with 3563 viewsBenters

(No subject) on 12:50 - Nov 20 by textbackup

The boy from Romford gives it a good go (apparently) as long as the other town fans are not singing Fortuna Dusseldorf,then sadly he gets the right hump

Gentlybentley

Of course you could argue that.... on 12:58 - Nov 20 with 3557 viewsBloots

Your first response after Saturday was..... on 12:34 - Nov 20 by textbackup

We drew. After being 1-0 up Vs a team that are in a bit of a mess. Sorry I wasn't wa.nking over the screen in joy at that.
Had we won and I said those things you might have a valid point.

And we are sht at defending, each game brings a new balls up resulting in a goal.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 12:36]

....we drew after being 2-1 down, despite us being a team that's in a bit of a mess.

Had we lost and you'd have said those things then you might have a valid point.

You see?

The fact is that there wasn't really anyone vvanking over the result from a positive perspective. Quite rightly, because it was nothing more than a decentish point away from home.

The only people vvanking over it were those looking for negatives.

Of course you could argue that.... on 13:33 - Nov 20 with 3538 viewstextbackup

Of course you could argue that.... on 12:58 - Nov 20 by Bloots

....we drew after being 2-1 down, despite us being a team that's in a bit of a mess.

Had we lost and you'd have said those things then you might have a valid point.

You see?

The fact is that there wasn't really anyone vvanking over the result from a positive perspective. Quite rightly, because it was nothing more than a decentish point away from home.

The only people vvanking over it were those looking for negatives.

I feel you look hard enough you'll see I've clearly said a point at hull is decent.

There's a huge difference between..... on 13:44 - Nov 20 with 3516 viewschristiand

There's a huge difference between..... on 10:27 - Nov 20 by Bloots

...talking about the (undoubted) issues that we have in terms of ability, formation and tactics than just screaming "Mick out!" and making sarcastic comments to every vaguely positive point people make.

I'm not saying that you personally do that, but undoubtedly some people do.

My point is that they have absolutely nothing positive to say, when there are undoubtedly some positives to be taken.

...although you do moan quite a lot.

Can I not ask Bloots, do you not think you are moaning now with how you are making your point or is that completely different?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 13:56 - Nov 20 with 3502 viewsFrimleyBlue

I think personally, we're at a very weird stage as itfc fans.

1 point off 6th, but it just doesn't feel like it.

Every win, keeps us ticking over, but not really doing much (yes i know sounds strange as only 1 point off) but it just doesn't feel like a great season.

Lose and it's potential of mick going, which plenty of people want.

I find following ITFC a strange phenomenon at the moment. Back in Burley's years, top 6 season in season out, wins brought excitement and the closer we got to the top 6 the more excited we got, yet win games now, I find myself thinking 'meh'. I don't know why, is it the lack of trust of getting into top 6 and staying there, is it the potential of a top 6 finish but actually being able to do anything once in them. I honestly couldn't tell ya, i just don't feel much when we win.

I dunno, I may not have described this very well, but im sure you'll get what I mean.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 14:00 - Nov 20 with 3486 viewsartsbossbeard

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 13:56 - Nov 20 by FrimleyBlue

I think personally, we're at a very weird stage as itfc fans.

1 point off 6th, but it just doesn't feel like it.

Every win, keeps us ticking over, but not really doing much (yes i know sounds strange as only 1 point off) but it just doesn't feel like a great season.

Lose and it's potential of mick going, which plenty of people want.

I find following ITFC a strange phenomenon at the moment. Back in Burley's years, top 6 season in season out, wins brought excitement and the closer we got to the top 6 the more excited we got, yet win games now, I find myself thinking 'meh'. I don't know why, is it the lack of trust of getting into top 6 and staying there, is it the potential of a top 6 finish but actually being able to do anything once in them. I honestly couldn't tell ya, i just don't feel much when we win.

I dunno, I may not have described this very well, but im sure you'll get what I mean.

And this is the weird thing.

Potentially, we could find ourselves at Wembley and winning the play-off final whilst someone unveils a "Mick Out" banner.

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 14:05 - Nov 20 with 3478 viewsBenters

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 14:00 - Nov 20 by artsbossbeard

And this is the weird thing.

Potentially, we could find ourselves at Wembley and winning the play-off final whilst someone unveils a "Mick Out" banner.

Pint we dont make it to Wembley.

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024