Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... 17:31 - Nov 19 with 14058 viewsBloots

.....are a strange bunch.

When we win you don't hear a squeak from them, if we don't win they are all over this forum like a rash.

Why is that?

Out of curiosity, I had a look at a certain posters history:

Beat Burton: 3 posts in the next 24 hours.

Lose to Cardiff: 34 posts.

Beat Preston: 13 posts.

Draw with Hull: 54 posts.

So over this small sample, when we win he/she posts 8 times, when we don't he/she posts 44 times.

Very odd.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 14:06 - Nov 20 with 2376 viewstextbackup

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 14:00 - Nov 20 by artsbossbeard

And this is the weird thing.

Potentially, we could find ourselves at Wembley and winning the play-off final whilst someone unveils a "Mick Out" banner.

Funny enough I was talking about this the other day. I said if we were in the PO final at end of season and went up the joy would obviously be incredible, but not even 10% of the joy I had in 99/00. Going up under MM would feel dirty, like we'd cheated on that lovely football we played under GB

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Very true.... on 14:09 - Nov 20 with 2366 viewsBloots

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 13:56 - Nov 20 by FrimleyBlue

I think personally, we're at a very weird stage as itfc fans.

1 point off 6th, but it just doesn't feel like it.

Every win, keeps us ticking over, but not really doing much (yes i know sounds strange as only 1 point off) but it just doesn't feel like a great season.

Lose and it's potential of mick going, which plenty of people want.

I find following ITFC a strange phenomenon at the moment. Back in Burley's years, top 6 season in season out, wins brought excitement and the closer we got to the top 6 the more excited we got, yet win games now, I find myself thinking 'meh'. I don't know why, is it the lack of trust of getting into top 6 and staying there, is it the potential of a top 6 finish but actually being able to do anything once in them. I honestly couldn't tell ya, i just don't feel much when we win.

I dunno, I may not have described this very well, but im sure you'll get what I mean.

....I find myself laughing at the league table during matches, as we take the lead during another dour performance, and we momentarily move into the play offs.

We aren't playing well, by any stretch, but we are keeping pace.

I guess that's the point really, the ability to enjoy the ridiculousness of it, versus the desire to constantly state that we are crap.

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 14:11 - Nov 20 with 2361 viewsPJH

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 14:06 - Nov 20 by textbackup

Funny enough I was talking about this the other day. I said if we were in the PO final at end of season and went up the joy would obviously be incredible, but not even 10% of the joy I had in 99/00. Going up under MM would feel dirty, like we'd cheated on that lovely football we played under GB

I agree that it would feel a bit dirty going up with MM but not because of him but because some of those celebrating in our end would be those that have, on occasions, treated him and his team very very badly.
It would be very hypocritical of them but there you go.
It would not be possible for my joy to be any more than it was when we went up in 2000 but a portion of my joy would be for MM himself.
Very true.... on 14:12 - Nov 20 with 2360 viewsFrimleyBlue

Very true.... on 14:09 - Nov 20 by Bloots

....I find myself laughing at the league table during matches, as we take the lead during another dour performance, and we momentarily move into the play offs.

We aren't playing well, by any stretch, but we are keeping pace.

I guess that's the point really, the ability to enjoy the ridiculousness of it, versus the desire to constantly state that we are crap.

This is the thing

one of my 1st team managers brings up how we're lucky to have Mick and any other Championship club would want him in charge

I find myself fighting this every time, but to then be reminded you're 1 point off sixth so what are you moaning about.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 14:35 - Nov 20 with 2324 viewstextbackup

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 14:11 - Nov 20 by PJH

I agree that it would feel a bit dirty going up with MM but not because of him but because some of those celebrating in our end would be those that have, on occasions, treated him and his team very very badly.
It would be very hypocritical of them but there you go.
It would not be possible for my joy to be any more than it was when we went up in 2000 but a portion of my joy would be for MM himself.

I take joy in every ipswich goal, because I'm an Ipswich fan. I don't support the manager. That's not a new thing in football. Get over it

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 14:36 - Nov 20 with 2320 viewsartsbossbeard

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 14:05 - Nov 20 by Benters

Pint we dont make it to Wembley.

I'll gladly buy you a pint but you're missing the point I'm making.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 18:28 - Nov 20 with 2260 viewsClausThomsen

I always post more when we lose - there's more to talk about, regardless of my position on the manager.

We beat Burton and Preston who were both hideously out of form which for me hasn't papered over the cracks, but it's 2 wins out of 3 which can't be argued with. The draw at Hull for me was more impressive than those earlier victories considering the opposition.

We're in form, I'll keep quiet. As I did early in the season (after going bonkers after the 6-1 defeat to Charlton). I've completely lost confidence in the manager. Sorry. You are a superior being etc etc
"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 19:18 - Nov 20 with 2235 viewstextbackup

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 18:28 - Nov 20 by ClausThomsen

I always post more when we lose - there's more to talk about, regardless of my position on the manager.

We beat Burton and Preston who were both hideously out of form which for me hasn't papered over the cracks, but it's 2 wins out of 3 which can't be argued with. The draw at Hull for me was more impressive than those earlier victories considering the opposition.

We're in form, I'll keep quiet. As I did early in the season (after going bonkers after the 6-1 defeat to Charlton). I've completely lost confidence in the manager. Sorry. You are a superior being etc etc

Thing is they aren't superior, talking positive of a poxy messageboard is nothing, and I would absolutely bet that during the games us that are anti MM make a hell of a lot more noise pro Ipswich than they do anything else.

Yes some do sing anti MM songs, but aside from that there is passion from the majority. Most will be sat in the seats in upper sections looking down their snouts at us

Login to get fewer ads

That's a wild assumption.... on 20:29 - Nov 20 with 2205 viewsBloots

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 19:18 - Nov 20 by textbackup

Thing is they aren't superior, talking positive of a poxy messageboard is nothing, and I would absolutely bet that during the games us that are anti MM make a hell of a lot more noise pro Ipswich than they do anything else.

Yes some do sing anti MM songs, but aside from that there is passion from the majority. Most will be sat in the seats in upper sections looking down their snouts at us

....that would be like saying that the rabid outers just spend the entire match shouting abuse at the manager rather than supporting the team.

Which obviously doesn't happen.

Your point is valid and reasonable..... on 20:30 - Nov 20 with 2204 viewsBloots

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 18:28 - Nov 20 by ClausThomsen

....but I don't think that any of the less rabid outers think they are superior. at all.

Just a little more balanced and realistic.

Most of us still support the club, no matter what.

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 20:36 - Nov 20 with 2201 viewsOsborneOneNil

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 13:56 - Nov 20 by FrimleyBlue

I think personally, we're at a very weird stage as itfc fans.

1 point off 6th, but it just doesn't feel like it.

Every win, keeps us ticking over, but not really doing much (yes i know sounds strange as only 1 point off) but it just doesn't feel like a great season.

Lose and it's potential of mick going, which plenty of people want.

I find following ITFC a strange phenomenon at the moment. Back in Burley's years, top 6 season in season out, wins brought excitement and the closer we got to the top 6 the more excited we got, yet win games now, I find myself thinking 'meh'. I don't know why, is it the lack of trust of getting into top 6 and staying there, is it the potential of a top 6 finish but actually being able to do anything once in them. I honestly couldn't tell ya, i just don't feel much when we win.

I dunno, I may not have described this very well, but im sure you'll get what I mean.

This is EXACTLY how it feels.....bloody well said.
That's a wild assumption.... on 20:39 - Nov 20 with 2200 viewstextbackup

That's a wild assumption.... on 20:29 - Nov 20 by Bloots

....that would be like saying that the rabid outers just spend the entire match shouting abuse at the manager rather than supporting the team.

Which obviously doesn't happen.

My post is more likely to be true, considering you rarely hear anti MM chants but you do see/hear many 'tits' in the direction of those that get a bit loud during games.

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 06:37 - Nov 21 with 2135 viewsBenters

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 14:35 - Nov 20 by textbackup

I take joy in every ipswich goal, because I'm an Ipswich fan. I don't support the manager. That's not a new thing in football. Get over it

This with bells on.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 06:40 - Nov 21 with 2131 viewsBenters

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 19:18 - Nov 20 by textbackup

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 07:53 - Nov 21 with 2107 viewsTractorWood

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 14:35 - Nov 20 by textbackup

Agree. I just have complete indifference to MM. He gets results, it's not pretty, he's not particularly endearing and he outspokenly, doesn't have a smidge of time for anyone else's opinion, including his own fans. For these reasons we witness a turning on him every time we lose, as he can't generate any goodwill to bank due to his approach and style.

He's done a good job here under the circumstances but his bravado is needlessly divisive to the fan base. Empty ground is proof enough of that.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 10:30 - Nov 21 with 2082 viewsitfcjoe

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 07:53 - Nov 21 by TractorWood

Agree. I just have complete indifference to MM. He gets results, it's not pretty, he's not particularly endearing and he outspokenly, doesn't have a smidge of time for anyone else's opinion, including his own fans. For these reasons we witness a turning on him every time we lose, as he can't generate any goodwill to bank due to his approach and style.

He's done a good job here under the circumstances but his bravado is needlessly divisive to the fan base. Empty ground is proof enough of that.

As someone who thinks on balance Mick is doing a good job, and wants him to succeed, the reaction to the Burton game was the most disappointing to me.

I appreciate the relationship with some fans is broken beyond repair, but we pick up a decent win on the road in bad conditions and he comes out F-ing and blinding about the fanbase.

Any potential goodwill he could have picked up was gone in an instant - I know he gets some stick but he is a professional and should rise above it.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024