Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks 10:15 - Nov 15 with 31673 viewsGlasgowBlue

Haven't seen much discussion on this.

I can't help but feel that if a white Tory MP or candidate had me similar remarks about a black candidate from another party then certain people, I won't name them but we all know who they are, would have been all over this story faster than Michael Fallon's hands over a female journalist.

Just to recap:

Emma Dent Coad, Labour MP for Kensington, called black Tory candidate Shaun Bailey a “token ghetto boy” and “free-loading scumbag” who is “not welcome” in her Kensington constituency.

Some good responses to Ms Coad:

Women’s Equality Party candidate Nimco Ali
“You Emma Dent Coad are a racist and as some who is the sister of a Tory black young man, you disgust me. My brother is a black Tory man and the left have acted like they owned him and I am so angry right now. I got the same BS for standing for WEP. She is a racist and should go.”

Shaun Bailey, the victim of the racist remarks
“I am shocked and saddened by the hate-filled, racist article written by Labour MP Emma Dent-Coad which has surfaced this afternoon. During my time in politics I have dealt with prejudice and attacks from hard-line groups, including the BNP, but not once have I been labelled a ‘token ghetto boy’.

Her use of language, including the caption of ‘keeping it real’, is more akin to that of a white supremacist group than that of an elected politician and she should be ashamed. As someone who was born into a poor family in Ladbroke Grove, I am proud of my charity work helping deprived community groups in the area Ms Dent-Coad now represents.

Ms Dent-Coad has a long history of public intimidation. She should publicly apologise for these latest slurs — not just to me but to the wider black community — and the Labour Party should consider her position.”

Tory MP Kemi Badenoch
“I’m a black conservative. I don’t think every offensive comment is racism, but when I see real prejudice I have to call it out. Emma Dent Coad’s comments were profoundly distressing, and a toxic reminder of the struggle black people face daily in defeating stereotypes. The fact that she made them while an elected councillor is a disgrace. This is why it is still relevant to discuss today. The tragedy is that someone who holds these views is an MP, representing a sizeable black population, make no mistake, this is racism…

An assumption that there’s only one way to be black, and anyone who doesn’t conform is a “coconut” an “Uncle Tom” or a race traitor. It is a poisonous belief and destroys the lives of so many children. I once heard a black boy accuse another of “acting white”. Why? Because he wore glasses and liked reading. Imagine what it’s like being in a classroom where everyone thinks like that?

Where do such attitudes come from? From “Community leaders” like Ms Dent-Coad, who want to tell us what to think and how to behave. They haven’t given us permission to leave our ghettoes, be Conservative or make friends with posh white people. This was Shaun’s crime. This attitude traps many black children within imaginary boundaries they believe they aren’t allowed to cross. They end up living less than the very best lives they can.

I have read Clive Lewis’s awful remarks to Nimko Ali. Patronising and wrong-headed. Denying blacks a basic human right to support a party of their choosing. It’s the attitude I referred to in my conference speech -that you can’t be black and conservative. Emma Dent-Coad did NOT apologise for her offensive remarks, merely for Shaun being upset by them.

My message to young black people everywhere is please, please feel free to be who you want to be. Don’t let Labour’s stereotypes and low expectations hold you back and never let them treat you like black sheep who will always follow them.”

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 18:16 - Nov 20 with 1089 viewsgordon

Regarding the original post, this seems like a reasonable summary:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2017/11/almost-everyone-being-dis
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 18:33 - Nov 20 with 1068 viewsClausThomsen

Are you paid to smear this muck on a football forum?

We're one species - there is no science behind this 'races' concept. The division has been made by politicians, and by perpetuating the *racism issue* you're actually perpetuating the concept.

The concept is the problem, and it's a delicious concept for white males as they're winning the "race".

Drop it. You're a species of ape on an massive orb. The orb has many different living conditions to which your brothers and sisters have adapted over the years. It's not worth dividing yourself from them over.

Is it?
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 18:50 - Nov 20 with 1050 viewsStokieBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 18:33 - Nov 20 by ClausThomsen

Are you paid to smear this muck on a football forum?

We're one species - there is no science behind this 'races' concept. The division has been made by politicians, and by perpetuating the *racism issue* you're actually perpetuating the concept.

The concept is the problem, and it's a delicious concept for white males as they're winning the "race".

Drop it. You're a species of ape on an massive orb. The orb has many different living conditions to which your brothers and sisters have adapted over the years. It's not worth dividing yourself from them over.

Is it?

Pazelle finally emerges from his latest username. Never seen anyone else ever uses the word "orb" in this context.

The whole post is pretty much textbook along with the Manson post earlier.

SB
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 19:08]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024