Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks 10:15 - Nov 15 with 31681 viewsGlasgowBlue

Haven't seen much discussion on this.

I can't help but feel that if a white Tory MP or candidate had me similar remarks about a black candidate from another party then certain people, I won't name them but we all know who they are, would have been all over this story faster than Michael Fallon's hands over a female journalist.

Just to recap:

Emma Dent Coad, Labour MP for Kensington, called black Tory candidate Shaun Bailey a “token ghetto boy” and “free-loading scumbag” who is “not welcome” in her Kensington constituency.

Some good responses to Ms Coad:

Women’s Equality Party candidate Nimco Ali
“You Emma Dent Coad are a racist and as some who is the sister of a Tory black young man, you disgust me. My brother is a black Tory man and the left have acted like they owned him and I am so angry right now. I got the same BS for standing for WEP. She is a racist and should go.”

Shaun Bailey, the victim of the racist remarks
“I am shocked and saddened by the hate-filled, racist article written by Labour MP Emma Dent-Coad which has surfaced this afternoon. During my time in politics I have dealt with prejudice and attacks from hard-line groups, including the BNP, but not once have I been labelled a ‘token ghetto boy’.

Her use of language, including the caption of ‘keeping it real’, is more akin to that of a white supremacist group than that of an elected politician and she should be ashamed. As someone who was born into a poor family in Ladbroke Grove, I am proud of my charity work helping deprived community groups in the area Ms Dent-Coad now represents.

Ms Dent-Coad has a long history of public intimidation. She should publicly apologise for these latest slurs — not just to me but to the wider black community — and the Labour Party should consider her position.”

Tory MP Kemi Badenoch
“I’m a black conservative. I don’t think every offensive comment is racism, but when I see real prejudice I have to call it out. Emma Dent Coad’s comments were profoundly distressing, and a toxic reminder of the struggle black people face daily in defeating stereotypes. The fact that she made them while an elected councillor is a disgrace. This is why it is still relevant to discuss today. The tragedy is that someone who holds these views is an MP, representing a sizeable black population, make no mistake, this is racism…

An assumption that there’s only one way to be black, and anyone who doesn’t conform is a “coconut” an “Uncle Tom” or a race traitor. It is a poisonous belief and destroys the lives of so many children. I once heard a black boy accuse another of “acting white”. Why? Because he wore glasses and liked reading. Imagine what it’s like being in a classroom where everyone thinks like that?

Where do such attitudes come from? From “Community leaders” like Ms Dent-Coad, who want to tell us what to think and how to behave. They haven’t given us permission to leave our ghettoes, be Conservative or make friends with posh white people. This was Shaun’s crime. This attitude traps many black children within imaginary boundaries they believe they aren’t allowed to cross. They end up living less than the very best lives they can.

I have read Clive Lewis’s awful remarks to Nimko Ali. Patronising and wrong-headed. Denying blacks a basic human right to support a party of their choosing. It’s the attitude I referred to in my conference speech -that you can’t be black and conservative. Emma Dent-Coad did NOT apologise for her offensive remarks, merely for Shaun being upset by them.

My message to young black people everywhere is please, please feel free to be who you want to be. Don’t let Labour’s stereotypes and low expectations hold you back and never let them treat you like black sheep who will always follow them.”

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:54 - Nov 15 with 4639 viewsLuk38644

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:39 - Nov 15 by Archer4721

See there you go again making up stuff and blatantly lying and you wonder why so many on here detest you.

I said "Yes she should have whip removed or some punishment." Is that "bending over backwards to try and justify racist abuse"

This affliction you have is deeply troubling, so please go and get some help.It really is worrying.

You're always the first person to criticise anyone on this board that is to the right of politics when these nasty racist bigots rear their ugly heads yet when one does it from your party or someone mentions rife antisemitism on the left, you seemingly try and justify it. Can't we all just accept that racism is racism no matter who it's from and it's all disgusting and abhorrent?
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:56 - Nov 15 with 4629 viewsBenters

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:54 - Nov 15 by Luk38644

You're always the first person to criticise anyone on this board that is to the right of politics when these nasty racist bigots rear their ugly heads yet when one does it from your party or someone mentions rife antisemitism on the left, you seemingly try and justify it. Can't we all just accept that racism is racism no matter who it's from and it's all disgusting and abhorrent?

Well said Lukey .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 18:00 - Nov 15 with 4619 viewsvapour_trail

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:54 - Nov 15 by Luk38644

Two words for you my boy.

Nigel. Farage.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 18:06 - Nov 15 with 4612 viewsLuk38644

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 18:00 - Nov 15 by vapour_trail

Nigel. Farage.

Why is that at all relevant? I don't blindly follow him and agree with everything he does/says. I called him an idiot for supporting Trump last year and I've disagreed with alot of what he has said in the past. I've also said that, as of the latest GE, I don't actually affiliate with any party anymore. I know I'm to the right of centre but I'm not a Tory and certainly not a 'Ukipper' anymore.

Let's not get off topic with 'whataboutery'
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 18:08]
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 18:23 - Nov 15 with 4584 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 18:06 - Nov 15 by Luk38644

Why is that at all relevant? I don't blindly follow him and agree with everything he does/says. I called him an idiot for supporting Trump last year and I've disagreed with alot of what he has said in the past. I've also said that, as of the latest GE, I don't actually affiliate with any party anymore. I know I'm to the right of centre but I'm not a Tory and certainly not a 'Ukipper' anymore.

Let's not get off topic with 'whataboutery'
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 18:08]

Whataboutary! Haven't heard that phrase used in ages.

Its like the good old days of TWTD again.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 18:25 - Nov 15 with 4575 viewsNewcyBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 18:23 - Nov 15 by The_Romford_Blue

No, it isn’t.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 18:34 - Nov 15 with 4562 viewsSpruceMoose

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 18:00 - Nov 15 by vapour_trail

Nigel. Farage.

Arf!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 06:00 - Nov 16 with 4476 viewsBenters

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 18:23 - Nov 15 by The_Romford_Blue

Its really not sadly.

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 06:25 - Nov 16 with 4471 viewsTLA

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 18:25 - Nov 15 by NewcyBlue

No, it isn’t.

That's got me thinking about what the golden days of TWTD are/were.

I've been reading the site (and posting a little) for close to 20 years - it's strange how much of a part it can play to people.
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 06:39 - Nov 16 with 4466 viewsBenters

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 06:25 - Nov 16 by TLA

That's got me thinking about what the golden days of TWTD are/were.

I've been reading the site (and posting a little) for close to 20 years - it's strange how much of a part it can play to people.

It was better then.

No its all PC gorn mad and the Offended Police rule the place.

Gentlybentley

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 08:19 - Nov 16 with 4431 viewssolemio

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 06:39 - Nov 16 by Benters

It was better then.

I mourn the loss of intellectuals such as Newmarket_Blue.
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 09:18 - Nov 16 with 4407 viewsBlueBadger

It was better then.

Back in those days you could call a nazi a nazi and not have a load of snowflakes whining and crying because you'd pointed out that not only is their mate a nazi, he's having the cheek to wear a poppy whilst hanging around with said nazis.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 09:48 - Nov 16 with 4387 viewsBlueBadger

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 08:19 - Nov 16 by solemio

I mourn the loss of intellectuals such as Newmarket_Blue.

Newmie was dreadful troll with a limited range of argument once he'd exhausted all the sh*t he'd simply made up but he looks like an intellectual titan akin to a gene splicing of Plato, Da Vinci, Curie and Hawking compared to some of our current crop.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:28 - Nov 16 with 4360 viewsblueislander

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 09:48 - Nov 16 by BlueBadger

Newmie was dreadful troll with a limited range of argument once he'd exhausted all the sh*t he'd simply made up but he looks like an intellectual titan akin to a gene splicing of Plato, Da Vinci, Curie and Hawking compared to some of our current crop.

The early Britboy Langers era was TWTD at its finest. Around the same time were the Malcy rants about suing the club for not making his Haverhill Supporters Club the official one. TWTD!
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:54 - Nov 16 with 4346 viewsStokieBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:28 - Nov 16 by blueislander

The early Britboy Langers era was TWTD at its finest. Around the same time were the Malcy rants about suing the club for not making his Haverhill Supporters Club the official one. TWTD!

Don't forget that Joe Royle ruined his wedding.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 11:17 - Nov 16 with 4326 viewsRyorry

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 09:48 - Nov 16 by BlueBadger

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 11:25 - Nov 16 with 4320 viewsSuperfrans

It was better then.

Oh, for the good old days, when you could be racist, sexist and homophobic, without any objections.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 11:27 - Nov 16 with 4317 viewsblueislander

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:54 - Nov 16 by StokieBlue

Don't forget that Joe Royle ruined his wedding.

SB

A true TWTD legend.
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 11:28 - Nov 16 with 4314 viewsjaykay

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:56 - Nov 15 by Benters

Well said Lukey .

are you agreeing with his last sentence .

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 11:32 - Nov 16 with 4302 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 11:25 - Nov 16 by Superfrans

Oh, for the good old days, when you could be racist, sexist and homophobic, without any objections.

Is your comment aimed at the person named in the OP? I think she's only been racist. Not homophobic or sexist.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 11:37 - Nov 16 with 4296 viewsJ2BLUE

It was better then.

The offended police being people who don't let disgusting views go unchallenged and accept 'end of' and 'balls' as valid arguments?

Deep down you must know you never actually respond to any points. You either downvote and avoid or completely ignore them.

The sad thing is you now have a little group where you can all echo each other and pat each other on the back while ironically calling people snowflakes when you all get annoyed any time anyone dares disagree with you. Then throw in a buzz phrase like 'PC gone mad', a really convenient dismissal so you don't have to answer any points raised.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 13:08 - Nov 16 with 4250 viewsBenters

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 11:37 - Nov 16 by J2BLUE

The offended police being people who don't let disgusting views go unchallenged and accept 'end of' and 'balls' as valid arguments?

Deep down you must know you never actually respond to any points. You either downvote and avoid or completely ignore them.

The sad thing is you now have a little group where you can all echo each other and pat each other on the back while ironically calling people snowflakes when you all get annoyed any time anyone dares disagree with you. Then throw in a buzz phrase like 'PC gone mad', a really convenient dismissal so you don't have to answer any points raised.

Oh good the daily dig in the ribs from J2!

I dont have a little group and ive never used the term 'snowflake'.

Try to enjoy your life a bit more dear.

Gentlybentley

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 13:19 - Nov 16 with 4232 viewsSpruceMoose

It was better then.

My favourite period was during the five minutes you flounced off like a spoilt toddler!

Ah, those truly were the days.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 13:19 - Nov 16 with 4230 viewsJ2BLUE

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 13:08 - Nov 16 by Benters

Oh good the daily dig in the ribs from J2!

I dont have a little group and ive never used the term 'snowflake'.

Try to enjoy your life a bit more dear.

This is the first time you've ever responded. You haven't answered a single point and you've repeated the odd bit line about my life.

Standard.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 13:24 - Nov 16 with 4219 viewsSpruceMoose

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 13:19 - Nov 16 by J2BLUE

This is the first time you've ever responded. You haven't answered a single point and you've repeated the odd bit line about my life.

Standard.

He's a poisonous toad, if ever there was one. Always quick with the insults, then loves playing the victim card when he gets a bit of pushback. Tragic really.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024