Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks 10:15 - Nov 15 with 31924 viewsGlasgowBlue

Haven't seen much discussion on this.

I can't help but feel that if a white Tory MP or candidate had me similar remarks about a black candidate from another party then certain people, I won't name them but we all know who they are, would have been all over this story faster than Michael Fallon's hands over a female journalist.

Just to recap:

Emma Dent Coad, Labour MP for Kensington, called black Tory candidate Shaun Bailey a “token ghetto boy” and “free-loading scumbag” who is “not welcome” in her Kensington constituency.

Some good responses to Ms Coad:

Women’s Equality Party candidate Nimco Ali
“You Emma Dent Coad are a racist and as some who is the sister of a Tory black young man, you disgust me. My brother is a black Tory man and the left have acted like they owned him and I am so angry right now. I got the same BS for standing for WEP. She is a racist and should go.”

Shaun Bailey, the victim of the racist remarks
“I am shocked and saddened by the hate-filled, racist article written by Labour MP Emma Dent-Coad which has surfaced this afternoon. During my time in politics I have dealt with prejudice and attacks from hard-line groups, including the BNP, but not once have I been labelled a ‘token ghetto boy’.

Her use of language, including the caption of ‘keeping it real’, is more akin to that of a white supremacist group than that of an elected politician and she should be ashamed. As someone who was born into a poor family in Ladbroke Grove, I am proud of my charity work helping deprived community groups in the area Ms Dent-Coad now represents.

Ms Dent-Coad has a long history of public intimidation. She should publicly apologise for these latest slurs — not just to me but to the wider black community — and the Labour Party should consider her position.”

Tory MP Kemi Badenoch
“I’m a black conservative. I don’t think every offensive comment is racism, but when I see real prejudice I have to call it out. Emma Dent Coad’s comments were profoundly distressing, and a toxic reminder of the struggle black people face daily in defeating stereotypes. The fact that she made them while an elected councillor is a disgrace. This is why it is still relevant to discuss today. The tragedy is that someone who holds these views is an MP, representing a sizeable black population, make no mistake, this is racism…

An assumption that there’s only one way to be black, and anyone who doesn’t conform is a “coconut” an “Uncle Tom” or a race traitor. It is a poisonous belief and destroys the lives of so many children. I once heard a black boy accuse another of “acting white”. Why? Because he wore glasses and liked reading. Imagine what it’s like being in a classroom where everyone thinks like that?

Where do such attitudes come from? From “Community leaders” like Ms Dent-Coad, who want to tell us what to think and how to behave. They haven’t given us permission to leave our ghettoes, be Conservative or make friends with posh white people. This was Shaun’s crime. This attitude traps many black children within imaginary boundaries they believe they aren’t allowed to cross. They end up living less than the very best lives they can.

I have read Clive Lewis’s awful remarks to Nimko Ali. Patronising and wrong-headed. Denying blacks a basic human right to support a party of their choosing. It’s the attitude I referred to in my conference speech -that you can’t be black and conservative. Emma Dent-Coad did NOT apologise for her offensive remarks, merely for Shaun being upset by them.

My message to young black people everywhere is please, please feel free to be who you want to be. Don’t let Labour’s stereotypes and low expectations hold you back and never let them treat you like black sheep who will always follow them.”

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 14:34 - Nov 15 with 5882 viewsNo9

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 14:08 - Nov 15 by BOjK

"How is that MP representing his voters?"

MPs aren't delegates. They are representatives. MPs stand on a party manifesto and sometimes make it clear that they have personal views that differ in respects from their parties manifesto.

Having been elected by their constituents they vote according to a combination of their manifesto and personal views.

That is how the system is supposed to work, and how it should. Things of course have got ridiculous now we've started to have referenda on every constitutional change, but there you go.

I agree that is how it was intended to work but things have changed a lot since the 80's with vested interests increasing more than at any time since WW2.
Remember Mr Cameron said the next big political scandal would be over lobbying then set up donation system wherby you could get access to your MP by paying for a dinner attendance - in my MP's case £250 per meal X 4 a year.
I understand dinner with Cameron cost £50k other canibet members on a sliding scale.

I don't believe they had dinner without getting the ear of the MP or from getting their point over, which is what I would have expected had I accepted the invitation.

Again my desire is to see the entire political susytem changed - it won't happen while selected news editiors get private / secret oen on one meetings in No. 10
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 14:39 - Nov 15 with 5874 viewssolemio

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 14:08 - Nov 15 by BOjK

"How is that MP representing his voters?"

MPs aren't delegates. They are representatives. MPs stand on a party manifesto and sometimes make it clear that they have personal views that differ in respects from their parties manifesto.

Having been elected by their constituents they vote according to a combination of their manifesto and personal views.

That is how the system is supposed to work, and how it should. Things of course have got ridiculous now we've started to have referenda on every constitutional change, but there you go.

I was about to make precisely these points. Thanks for saving me the bother!

I blame Harold Wilson for his 1975 (or was it 6?) referendum. It created a precedent for Cameron.
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 14:47 - Nov 15 with 5864 viewsNo9

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 14:39 - Nov 15 by solemio

I was about to make precisely these points. Thanks for saving me the bother!

I blame Harold Wilson for his 1975 (or was it 6?) referendum. It created a precedent for Cameron.

Wilson did it because of the splits in his party
cameron did it for the same reason
The main difference was that Wilson took a back seat & let others get on with it.
Having witnessed what went on at the time ( & voting) I really don't recall the acrimony we are witnessing now with the name calling , lies etc.

An interesting view on the UK joining is given here

http://www.vernoncoleman.com/euillegally.html
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 14:55 - Nov 15 with 5848 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 14:47 - Nov 15 by No9

Wilson did it because of the splits in his party
cameron did it for the same reason
The main difference was that Wilson took a back seat & let others get on with it.
Having witnessed what went on at the time ( & voting) I really don't recall the acrimony we are witnessing now with the name calling , lies etc.

An interesting view on the UK joining is given here

http://www.vernoncoleman.com/euillegally.html

A back seat you say?

http://www.harvard-digital.co.uk/euro/pamphlet.htm#front

Iron Lion Zion

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 15:04 - Nov 15 with 5832 viewsNo9

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 14:55 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

A back seat you say?

http://www.harvard-digital.co.uk/euro/pamphlet.htm#front

In day to day canvassing -

Wilson didn't resign over the EU referendum
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 15:27 - Nov 15 with 5811 viewsBlueBadger

Bloody hell, she seems a classy individual.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 15:51 - Nov 15 with 5791 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 15:27 - Nov 15 by BlueBadger

Bloody hell, she seems a classy individual.

She is rather odd.

"Camoron" “Will none of his homies tell him enuf of the fake bake blud”

It's as if Archer is writing her lines for her.

Iron Lion Zion

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 15:56 - Nov 15 with 5778 viewsArcher4721

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 15:51 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

She is rather odd.

"Camoron" “Will none of his homies tell him enuf of the fake bake blud”

It's as if Archer is writing her lines for her.

Oh dear..... Still obsessed with me I see...

Have a gift from me..

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 16:02]
Login to get fewer ads

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 16:04 - Nov 15 with 5764 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 15:56 - Nov 15 by Archer4721

Have a gift from me..

Deary me. Is that the best you can do?

Iron Lion Zion

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 16:05 - Nov 15 with 5759 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 15:56 - Nov 15 by Archer4721

Have a gift from me..

Another edit because you don't know how to link an image correctly. Arf!

Iron Lion Zion

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 16:39 - Nov 15 with 5728 viewsArcher4721

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 16:04 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

Deary me. Is that the best you can do?

I'll leave the really important stuff to Jeera.

He's really sussed you out.
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 16:41 - Nov 15 with 5725 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 16:39 - Nov 15 by Archer4721

I'll leave the really important stuff to Jeera.

He's really sussed you out.

Somebody is coming across as a little butt hurt today.

Don't let it get you down mate. Tomorrow is a new day.

Iron Lion Zion

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 16:48 - Nov 15 with 5712 viewsArcher4721

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 16:41 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

Somebody is coming across as a little butt hurt today.

Don't let it get you down mate. Tomorrow is a new day.

Somebody is coming across as a hypocrite again today.

Wasn't it just the other day you were preaching on here about posters calling out other posters? Yet you continually do it all the time.

My advice..See a Doctor.
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 16:56 - Nov 15 with 5694 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 16:48 - Nov 15 by Archer4721

Somebody is coming across as a hypocrite again today.

Wasn't it just the other day you were preaching on here about posters calling out other posters? Yet you continually do it all the time.

My advice..See a Doctor.

Posters calling out other posters "who aren't even involved in the thread" if you wan't the exact quote.

You, my friend, have been all over this thread. Unfortunately not in a very dignified manner.

Iron Lion Zion

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:14 - Nov 15 with 5674 viewsBlueBadger

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:39 - Nov 15 by Archer4721

You have to bear in mind , It's claimed Bailey had already called the place a "Ghetto"

'But the other boys were doing it as well' is not in any way a justification.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:17 - Nov 15 with 5665 viewsNewcyBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:14 - Nov 15 by BlueBadger

He’s more interested in squabbling with Glassers than addressing points raised.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:18 - Nov 15 with 5662 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:14 - Nov 15 by BlueBadger

Dr Dre has used the "N" word in relation to himself, his friends and other people of his colour.

I'm sure he would be perfectly happy if Archer was to walk up to him and use the same description.

Of course Mr Bailey has denied using the word "ghetto" but Archer has been bending over backwards to try and justify racist abuse.

Iron Lion Zion

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:24 - Nov 15 with 5653 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:22 - Nov 15 by StokieBlue

Lowhouse posted a few things yesterday including the doodle she did of a stickman hanging from the Tory logo which she decided to post on the internet.

Clearly she's a rather abhorrent individual. I do agree some on here would have been salivating at the prospect of bashing a Tory but in this case I am not sure it's a Labour specific issue - she's just not a very nice person.

Lovely.

SB

Lowhouse is a woman !
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 17:25]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:30 - Nov 15 with 5639 viewsStokieBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:24 - Nov 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Lowhouse is a woman !
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 17:25]

Clearly not what my first sentence says :).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:39 - Nov 15 with 5629 viewsArcher4721

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:18 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

Dr Dre has used the "N" word in relation to himself, his friends and other people of his colour.

I'm sure he would be perfectly happy if Archer was to walk up to him and use the same description.

Of course Mr Bailey has denied using the word "ghetto" but Archer has been bending over backwards to try and justify racist abuse.

See there you go again making up stuff and blatantly lying and you wonder why so many on here detest you.

I said "Yes she should have whip removed or some punishment." Is that "bending over backwards to try and justify racist abuse"

This affliction you have is deeply troubling, so please go and get some help.It really is worrying.
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:43 - Nov 15 with 5619 viewsBenters

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:39 - Nov 15 by Archer4721

See there you go again making up stuff and blatantly lying and you wonder why so many on here detest you.

I said "Yes she should have whip removed or some punishment." Is that "bending over backwards to try and justify racist abuse"

This affliction you have is deeply troubling, so please go and get some help.It really is worrying.

I dont 'detest' Glassers,i dont go a lot on you to be honest.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:50 - Nov 15 with 5603 viewsArcher4721

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:43 - Nov 15 by Benters

Hardly surprising and that's made my day.

Many thanks.
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:52 - Nov 15 with 5598 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:39 - Nov 15 by Archer4721

So you saying that Mr Bailey had used the word first, which he has denied btw, wasn't an attempt by you to justify her words? Funny how I wasn't the only person who came to that conclusion.

You say I should go and get help yet you are the person getting very angry and talking about detesting a total stranger on the internet.

Now then, deep breath, count to ten and exhale "it's only the internet. It's only the internet".

Iron Lion Zion

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:52 - Nov 15 with 5595 viewsBenters

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:50 - Nov 15 by Archer4721

Hardly surprising and that's made my day.

Many thanks.

But you really know why though dont you.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:52 - Nov 15 with 5594 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 17:43 - Nov 15 by Benters

Arf!

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024