Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? 08:49 - Oct 4 with 18809 viewsLuk38644

Shook our whole house! People on Twitter from all over Suffolk saying they heard it - I assume it was a sonic boom?
Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 08:51 - Oct 4 with 8899 viewsportmanking

Holy f*ck I thought I was going out of my mind. Yes! I heard it 10 mins ago in Stowmarket. People came out of their houses to see what happened, sound like a bomb had gone off!
Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 08:51 - Oct 4 with 8895 viewsVic

The wife just called me at work to say our whole house (in IP5) had shaken. I'm the other side of town and didn't hear anything.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 08:53 - Oct 4 with 8869 viewshype313

Yep, thought it was a truck place near us

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 08:55 - Oct 4 with 8842 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone got any news sources I can read on it?

They aren't supposed to go super-sonic over the mainland unless for a very good reason I believe?

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 08:56 - Oct 4 with 8835 viewsPhilTWTD

I heard it in IP12.
Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 08:57 - Oct 4 with 8821 viewshype313

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 08:56 - Oct 4 by PhilTWTD

I heard it in IP12.

From what I have read, people heard it from Stowmarket all the way to Saxmundham.

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 08:59 - Oct 4 with 8780 viewsFreddies_Ears

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 08:57 - Oct 4 by hype313

From what I have read, people heard it from Stowmarket all the way to Saxmundham.

Woke Mrs FE up in IP4.
Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 08:59 - Oct 4 with 8775 viewsartsbossbeard

I heard it in IP8 (Copdock area). Didn't seem that loud BUT made me stop what I was doing as it wasn't a "normal" sound.

Any ideas what it was?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:00 - Oct 4 with 8775 viewshype313

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 08:55 - Oct 4 by StokieBlue

Anyone got any news sources I can read on it?

They aren't supposed to go super-sonic over the mainland unless for a very good reason I believe?

SB

The Star is saying the Police believe it was a Sonic Boom.

It was one hell of a bang!

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:00 - Oct 4 with 8768 viewsRjitfc

It was exceptionally loud in Bury St Edmunds.. felt it through the office floor aswell!

Poll: Pick your manager for next season

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:01 - Oct 4 with 8752 viewsVic

Sizewell B gone up I reckon.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:03 - Oct 4 with 8737 viewsLuk38644

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 08:56 - Oct 4 by PhilTWTD

I heard it in IP12.

That's where I am and it sounded like a car crashing into the house!
Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:06 - Oct 4 with 8704 viewsKieran_Knows

I didn't hear it in Marks Tey.

Hope that clears that one up.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:06 - Oct 4 with 8705 viewstheblueginger

Judging by the locations it was heard, most likely an F-15 pilot from Lakenheath who is about to have a tricky morning unless it was an emergency or mechanical issue.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2017 9:20]
Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:07 - Oct 4 with 8709 viewsITFC1983

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:07 - Oct 4 with 8693 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:00 - Oct 4 by hype313

The Star is saying the Police believe it was a Sonic Boom.

It was one hell of a bang!

Someone or something in a hurry then.

Guess more news will come out during the day.

Edit: Just saw the confirmation tweet - someone with some explaining to do at their debrief this morning then.

SB
[Post edited 4 Oct 2017 9:08]

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:13 - Oct 4 with 8622 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Shook windows near Framlingham!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:14 - Oct 4 with 8625 viewsYaffle

Quite a bang by all accounts...

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:16 - Oct 4 with 8598 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Does a sonic boom occur once when the sound barrier is broken or repeatedly along the flight route ?

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:17 - Oct 4 with 8567 viewshype313

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:07 - Oct 4 by StokieBlue

Someone or something in a hurry then.

Guess more news will come out during the day.

Edit: Just saw the confirmation tweet - someone with some explaining to do at their debrief this morning then.

SB
[Post edited 4 Oct 2017 9:08]

Someone's going to get a boll0cking.

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:19 - Oct 4 with 8547 viewsuncle

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:16 - Oct 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Does a sonic boom occur once when the sound barrier is broken or repeatedly along the flight route ?

I think it happens all the time once the plane breaks the sound barrier, as it ploughs through the air.
That's what Dr Karl said on 5 live anyway
Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:20 - Oct 4 with 8523 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Breaking news on sky......motorbike explodes outside Jordanian embassy in Paris....mystery solved!

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:21 - Oct 4 with 8514 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:16 - Oct 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

The pressure wave follows behind the aircraft producing the boom the whole time it's supersonic.

People perceive it as a single boom because you only hear it as the pressure wave passes over you.

SB

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:21 - Oct 4 with 8506 viewstheblueginger

Every time the plane breaks the sound barrier, just less than 800mph
Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:22 - Oct 4 with 8491 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone else in Suffolk hear that loud boom? on 09:19 - Oct 4 by uncle

I think it happens all the time once the plane breaks the sound barrier, as it ploughs through the air.
That's what Dr Karl said on 5 live anyway

That would explain the time differences in reports then, thanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024