Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ball boys/girls 18:02 - Sep 30 with 19714 viewshavinit69

I’m not suggesting for a second that we lost today because of our ball boys/girls but is anyone else getting pissed off with them? I’m sure they think that they are just there to watch the game.

When will the club realise that having slightly older and wiser ball boys will make a difference. When you’re losing, the opposition wastes enough time without us giving them a hand!

It may only be small, but they have an influence on the game.

Rant over.
No one has said we lost because of the ball boys and girls on 22:33 - Oct 1 with 1672 viewsstrikalite

No one has said we lost because of the ball boys and girls on 19:55 - Oct 1 by Swailsey

For sure - but people were making a general comment about the standard of ball girls and boys.

Rather than saying “hey guys, hang on, this is quite close to me”, he came storming in very aggressively - people aren’t yelling at his niece!

I do find it bizarre that there isn’t training for ball peeps though. I didn’t realise it was almost something you could volunteer to do?

Yep ask Pep, like i said earlier in thread, here you go..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4918154/Guardiola-s-tactical-c
Ball boys/girls on 07:51 - Oct 2 with 1613 viewstrncbluearmy

Ball boys/girls on 20:56 - Oct 1 by Yallop

I was a ballboy from 1986 to '90. Would be on our knees ready to run like hell and retrieve the ball when we were chasing a game but as soon as we were winning we'd be sat flat on our back sides ready for a very slow jog.

I remember being told if you kick the ball you'll be sacked!

This is how it should be done

I read the comment that one of them was on their bloody mobile phone,initially I dismissed this as someone taking the pixx and then it was repeated
Was one of them really on their damn phone?

And as for the relative getting all precious, If that was my son or daughter out there I would have been annoyed at their performance.

However it`s not the childs fault, it`s the Club not making clear what is expected and how it`s to be done.

Along with a number of other things it shows how unprofessional ITFC have become,the little things count.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2017 7:52]
Ball boys/girls on 12:28 - Oct 2 with 1564 viewscodiblue

Ball boys/girls on 07:51 - Oct 2 by trncbluearmy

I read the comment that one of them was on their bloody mobile phone,initially I dismissed this as someone taking the pixx and then it was repeated

And as for the relative getting all precious, If that was my son or daughter out there I would have been annoyed at their performance.

However it`s not the childs fault, it`s the Club not making clear what is expected and how it`s to be done.

Along with a number of other things it shows how unprofessional ITFC have become,the little things count.

Apologies if this is mentioned in the middle somewhere but I read the initial post then rushed to reply. I too feel strongly on this.
On Saturday, one girl dropped her phone when retrieving the ball in the second half. Paused to pick it up.
Ridiculous.

Go to Everton and the ball boys are part of the team. Cheered out on to the pitch (or they were when I went). Others have mentioned West Ham.

Ours are poor.

Did we lose because of it? No.

Were we poor last year because or it? No. But it does represent an apparent accepted slackness in the club which was reflected on the pitch last year.
Ball boys/girls on 18:40 - Oct 2 with 1495 viewsDolly2.0

Ball boys/girls on 07:51 - Oct 2 by trncbluearmy

They shouldn't have mobile phones whilst being ballboys/girls.

As others have said, lots of little margins can gain a slight advantage, and any advantage in this league should be grabbed. Even if they're from local clubs rather than just fans that apply, they should be coached properly to follow the game and know when to be quick/take their sweet time.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Ball boys/girls on 13:41 - Oct 3 with 1436 viewsRudyard83

I was a ball boy last year and was winded by a wayward shot that skidded off the turf and into my stomach. Anyway, don't think the ballboys/girls influence games at all, although they were awful on saturday
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024