Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funny old lot on here. 06:48 - Sep 24 with 21161 viewsBenters

I said when i went to QPR i woud rather see a exciting 3.2 or 4.3 loss than a boring 1.1 draw,it was all are you mad ? you would rather see us lose than gain 1 point?

What happens yesterday? we go to Leeds lose 3.2 and everybody is high fiving saying it was great to see!

Like i said funny old lot.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Funny old lot on here. on 06:58 - Sep 24 with 10587 viewsBackToRussia

Common mistake that people make is assuming everyone else who isn't them is part of some united group rather than individuals with disparate opinions.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Funny old lot on here. on 07:12 - Sep 24 with 10563 viewsBenters

Funny old lot on here. on 06:58 - Sep 24 by BackToRussia

Common mistake that people make is assuming everyone else who isn't them is part of some united group rather than individuals with disparate opinions.

Nice one Cyril.

Gentlybentley

Funny old lot on here. on 07:44 - Sep 24 with 10519 viewsGlasgowBlue

Pointswise, I’d rather see us grind out a boring 0-0 draw than lose a game. However, if we are going to lose then I’d rather we went down fighting like yesterday, playing good football, knowing that if we play like that every week then we will win more games than we lose and have a decent shot at a top six place.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Funny old lot on here. on 07:49 - Sep 24 with 10502 viewstiptreeblue

Funny old lot on here. on 07:44 - Sep 24 by GlasgowBlue

Pointswise, I’d rather see us grind out a boring 0-0 draw than lose a game. However, if we are going to lose then I’d rather we went down fighting like yesterday, playing good football, knowing that if we play like that every week then we will win more games than we lose and have a decent shot at a top six place.

And if (and it`s a big if) we keep playing football which it sounds like we did yesterday, i will be tempted to go again. hopefully we do because i would love to have that feeling of anticipation again
Funny old lot on here. on 07:49 - Sep 24 with 10498 viewsBenters

So i was right then !

Gentlybentley

Funny old lot on here. on 08:02 - Sep 24 with 10470 viewsm14_blue

And yet, despite saying you wouldn't mind seeing an exciting 3-2 defeat where we had a go, you've spent all the time since the game being negative and sniping at anything vaguely positive.

And now you seem to be accusing everyone else of being hypocritical. It really is a funny lot on here.

We played well and were a bit unlucky to lose away at a good side, no one's getting the confetti out but most are encouraged, I don't understand why you're so determined not to be.
Funny old lot on here. on 08:27 - Sep 24 with 10397 viewsFtnfwest

Funny old lot on here. on 07:49 - Sep 24 by tiptreeblue

And if (and it`s a big if) we keep playing football which it sounds like we did yesterday, i will be tempted to go again. hopefully we do because i would love to have that feeling of anticipation again

Let's hope so but we'll also need to keep meeting teams like Leeds who were excellent for 20 minutes but afterwards frankly awful
Funny old lot on here. on 08:35 - Sep 24 with 10365 viewsBenters

Funny old lot on here. on 07:49 - Sep 24 by tiptreeblue

I will meet you in Mannings Jamhead !

Cheap ale and all that.

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

Funny old lot on here. on 08:47 - Sep 24 with 10328 viewstiptreeblue

Funny old lot on here. on 08:35 - Sep 24 by Benters

I will meet you in Mannings Jamhead !

Cheap ale and all that.

sounds like a good idea mate
Funny old lot on here. on 08:48 - Sep 24 with 10321 viewsBenters

Funny old lot on here. on 08:47 - Sep 24 by tiptreeblue

sounds like a good idea mate

They alwys play crap when i go .

Gentlybentley

Funny old lot on here. on 08:58 - Sep 24 with 10299 viewsblue_oyster

Points over performance every time. That's why there's statues of Sir Alf Ramsay and Sir Bobby Robson outside of the ground.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Funny old lot on here. on 09:07 - Sep 24 with 10267 viewsm14_blue

Funny old lot on here. on 08:58 - Sep 24 by blue_oyster

Points over performance every time. That's why there's statues of Sir Alf Ramsay and Sir Bobby Robson outside of the ground.

But that's a completely false dichotomy.

Most of the time good performances will result in good results. Part of the reason people are happy with what they saw yesterday is that if we reproduce that performance regularly then we'll win lots of games.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2017 9:12]
on 09:11 - Sep 24 with 10255 views_

Funny old lot on here. on 09:07 - Sep 24 by m14_blue

Most of the time good performances will result in good results. Part of the reason people are happy with what they saw yesterday is that if we reproduce that performance regularly then we'll win lots of games.

Funny old lot on here. on 09:14 - Sep 24 with 10235 viewsDolly2.0

These nuances will be beyond Benters.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Funny old lot on here. on 09:15 - Sep 24 with 10234 viewsm14_blue

on 09:11 - Sep 24 by _

I agree with that analysis of our performance but think most of the complaints have been about our perceived negative approach and not 'having a go'.

There'll always be a few idiots who expect us to play like Man City but I think most would have been happy with what we produced yesterday.
Any silly way to shoehorn your agenda into a thread eh? on 09:19 - Sep 24 with 10214 viewsDyland

No one is high fiveing each other Benters.

Sounds like we played well and long may that continue, but personally I'm gutted we dropped points. Deflated today as always the day after a loss.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Funny old lot on here. on 09:27 - Sep 24 with 10183 viewschristiand

This is my own theory Benters, my expectations were low for yesterday, I wasn't expecting us to get anything from the game, but the team played well and gave Leeds a real fright, which was very satisfying and heartening. The QPR game, in my eyes, was certainly winnable; we seem to be too concerned about them, what they can do and what players they have - similar to Bolton last week. Perhaps when the expectation is higher we go into our shells, when the expectation is low then the shackles come off and we go for it a little more?

I would like us to be more expansive(like yesterday), but as MM said previously he is pragmatic and I think when we are expected to win that's when that comes rushing to the surface and we play like we did last week. If it's game we need and are expected to win that's when we become less effective as losing becomes a real concern.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2017 9:40]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Funny old lot on here. on 09:29 - Sep 24 with 10171 viewshype313

That fact that we gave the table toppers a run for their money surely is a positive, would never have happened the last two years.

3 points or a point would have been lovely, but it did show we have a never say die attitude which is pleasing and bar Barts mistake it would have been a point.

I'm not pointing the finger at Bart BTW, he has saved us on more than one occasion in the past.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Funny old lot on here. on 09:31 - Sep 24 with 10151 viewsSwailsey

You're wasting your time.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Funny old lot on here. on 09:45 - Sep 24 with 10097 viewschristiand

Funny old lot on here. on 09:29 - Sep 24 by hype313

That fact that we gave the table toppers a run for their money surely is a positive, would never have happened the last two years.

3 points or a point would have been lovely, but it did show we have a never say die attitude which is pleasing and bar Barts mistake it would have been a point.

I'm not pointing the finger at Bart BTW, he has saved us on more than one occasion in the past.

You can't. I think some expect keepers not to make mistakes full stop, which is an impossibility. I was reading an article written by Peter Shilton recently he said: 'All keepers make mistakes, but the good ones make the fewest.'

Yes, Bart made a mistake, but when he does we all recognise it because it is not something we expect to see from him. That's the main difference between him and Gerken. He'll be back firing on all cylinders on Tuesday night, these things happen.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Funny old lot on here. on 10:00 - Sep 24 with 10065 viewsCurrie10

I was thinking EXACTLY the same benters earlier today.

We've lost a game, and have calm / rational posts. Infact, we've still only had 33 posts on the game - by now after a defeat we're usually on page 5 / 6 - Mick is definitely a dinosaur, someone is a scapegoat etc ;)

Also, after the Bolton win this place was in utter meltdown! We won the game for heavens sake!!

I still would much rather get anything from the game, be it 0-0 than be " entertained " for 90 minutes if we lose - them minutes being entertained will amount to zilch come May.

I get why people are a bit more upbeat though - away at a side doing very well and we gave them a hell of a fright - perhaps should have drawn.

Keep the front pair fit for the season, get some defenders back, Adeyemi certainly adds legs/ frees up Skuse. Get Celina's head right / starting games and we have the makings of a good season I'd say....
Funny old lot on here. on 10:00 - Sep 24 with 10058 viewsblue_oyster

Funny old lot on here. on 09:07 - Sep 24 by m14_blue

But we're not producing good performances regularly, so there's your false dichotomy.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Funny old lot on here. on 10:14 - Sep 24 with 10032 viewsm14_blue

Funny old lot on here. on 10:00 - Sep 24 by blue_oyster

But we're not producing good performances regularly, so there's your false dichotomy.

Not yet.....

Generally teams that play well get better results though don't they?

Otherwise Palace would be top of the prem.
Badabing (n/t) on 10:15 - Sep 24 with 10028 viewsDyland

Aha, did you go to the QPR game perchance? on 10:16 - Sep 24 with 10028 viewsDyland

Funny old lot on here. on 08:48 - Sep 24 by Benters

They alwys play crap when i go .

Not sure if you've said or not.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024