Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brenner Woolley is great - Phil, I know you're not busy so please help 00:35 - Sep 24 with 8135 viewsDolly2.0

I want to stick up for Brenner because I'm sick to death of the negative comments against the Radio Suffolk commentator. Fair enough if you don't like his style, but the lies some on here spread about him are ridiculous.

To say he gets more excited when the opposition score is silly nonsense and is just you projecting your sadness onto the commentator. Grow the feck up. Blame the defence. It isn't the commentator's fault.

It's his job to be more excited for big situations (like goals).

He DOESN'T get more excited when we concede. He really doesn't.

He may not be a Town supporter but he clearly has a soft spot for us. He regularly says "us" or "we" when referring to Town during games.

He sometimes even GROANS when things don't go our way. Why don't the haters ever mention/notice that?

I didn't listen today because I was at the game, but I do listen to every away game I'm not at. Brenner is biased TOWARDS Town if anything.

No I'm not Brenner, no I'm not his mum, no I'm not gay for him.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Brenner Woolley is great - Phil, I know you're not busy so please help on 09:33 - Sep 24 with 1804 viewsDolly2.0

Brenner Woolley is great - Phil, I know you're not busy so please help on 06:26 - Sep 24 by Reuser_is_God

A pathetic post.

Does it really matter? FFS

I'm surprised you made it out of nappies mate.

A pathetic-er post.

Does it really matter if I think it really matters FFS?

I'm surprised you made it out of romper suits MATE.

Brenner Woolley is great - Phil, I know you're not busy so please help on 09:36 - Sep 24 with 1799 viewsSwailsey

Brenner Woolley is great - Phil, I know you're not busy so please help on 09:31 - Sep 24 by Colin_Viljoen

How about when he called the audience "the great unwashed" when he thought he was off-air.

In my opinion he does go over the top when the other team scores, he needs to tone it down, after all he's meant to be supporting us!

That was wonderful when he did that!!

Have you heard the callers?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Brenner Woolley is great - Phil, I know you're not busy so please help on 09:41 - Sep 24 with 1787 viewsColin_Viljoen

Brenner Woolley is great - Phil, I know you're not busy so please help on 09:36 - Sep 24 by Swailsey

That was wonderful when he did that!!

Have you heard the callers?

No fortunately as I'm out of the area, my ifollow link cuts-out before the calls. I normally read about them on here lol
Brenner Woolley is great - Phil, I know you're not busy so please help on 09:43 - Sep 24 with 1783 viewsSwailsey

Brenner Woolley is great - Phil, I know you're not busy so please help on 09:41 - Sep 24 by Colin_Viljoen

No fortunately as I'm out of the area, my ifollow link cuts-out before the calls. I normally read about them on here lol

Ha, fair!

Obviously some are fine but I think his comment came after a couple of particularly 'odd' callers over a 2 week period?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Bren and Jerseys in the tree (n/t) on 09:45 - Sep 24 with 1774 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Brenner Woolley is great - Phil, I know you're not busy so please help on 10:05 - Sep 24 with 1744 viewsDolly2.0

Brenner Woolley is great - Phil, I know you're not busy so please help on 09:31 - Sep 24 by Colin_Viljoen

How about when he called the audience "the great unwashed" when he thought he was off-air.

In my opinion he does go over the top when the other team scores, he needs to tone it down, after all he's meant to be supporting us!

No he isn't! Why?

He's a commentator. He's meant to commentate on the game! This is the mistake you and others are making.

Sir Bobby called us zombies.

"I'm not really that bothered about Brenner" on 10:06 - Sep 24 with 1742 viewsDyland

Brenner Woolley is great - Phil, I know you're not busy so please help on 09:05 - Sep 24 by Dolly2.0

What's bizarre about sticking up for a perfectly decent commentator?

I'm not really that bothered about Brenner, it's more that why do people insist on spreading such utter nonsense? That's what's bizarre.

Your OP would suggest otherwise dear boy.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

"I'm not really that bothered about Brenner" on 10:08 - Sep 24 with 1740 viewsDolly2.0

"I'm not really that bothered about Brenner" on 10:06 - Sep 24 by Dyland

Your OP would suggest otherwise dear boy.

Read the second bit of that sentence.

Also, re-read the title of my OP. I think you and others may have missed a bit of tongue-in-cheekness.

Login to get fewer ads

Brenner Woolley is great - Phil, I know you're not busy so please help on 11:11 - Sep 24 with 1691 viewsWarkystache

I know Terry Baxter through shared work I often do with Inspire Suffolk.

I spoke to him a while ago about the current BBC Suffolk commentary and he said that we're very lucky to have it at all. Apparently, cost made the editors at the Beeb want to pull the commentary completely and replace it with a shortened sports result show.

He felt people like Mark Murphy deserved a lot of credit for their refusal to tow the line. When I said something like 'Loved your commentaries Terry, not so keen on Brenner's', he said he preferred BW 'because he gives you the total picture on the pitch'.

He's still in touch with Lee Bracey btw.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024