Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Marriot 22:03 - Sep 23 with 9513 viewsNo9

7 goals this season so far.
Jack Marriot on 22:07 - Sep 23 with 7978 viewsSitfcB

And?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Jack Marriot on 22:09 - Sep 23 with 7964 viewsJ2BLUE

Yea he's no Kieffer Moore.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jack Marriot on 22:18 - Sep 23 with 7937 viewsNo9

Jack Marriot on 22:07 - Sep 23 by SitfcB

And?

Good for the lad, I wish him well- don't you?
Jack Marriot on 22:18 - Sep 23 with 7930 viewsNo9

Jack Marriot on 22:09 - Sep 23 by J2BLUE

Also seems to be doing very well?
Jack Marriot on 22:58 - Sep 23 with 7869 viewsxrayspecs

But no better than what we have, at best.
Jack Marriot on 23:33 - Sep 23 with 7834 viewsWallingford_Boy

In the lower leagues..

RIP Sir Bobby

Jack Marriot on 00:22 - Sep 24 with 7793 viewsBlueBadger

Jack Marriot on 23:33 - Sep 23 by Wallingford_Boy

In the lower leagues..

Which as we all know, in accordance with Rhodes' Law, don't actually count.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Jack Marriot on 01:04 - Sep 24 with 7763 viewsstrikalite

Jack Marriot on 22:09 - Sep 23 by J2BLUE

He's imo better, watched him three times this season, the game against Rotherham(Moore was playing, pretty average)where he scored two quality taken goals and hit both the post and bar he was superb, I walked out of there thinking wtf have you done McCarthy..

The lad can finish, he now looks like he is playing with confidence, that confidence wasn't given to him here, he wasn't given a chance..

Moore has found his level I think, certainly against Peterborough I thought that, though to be fair his headed goal was well taken i must say..
Login to get fewer ads

Jack Marriot on 01:43 - Sep 24 with 7744 viewsDolly2.0

Jack Marriot on 01:04 - Sep 24 by strikalite

He's imo better, watched him three times this season, the game against Rotherham(Moore was playing, pretty average)where he scored two quality taken goals and hit both the post and bar he was superb, I walked out of there thinking wtf have you done McCarthy..

The lad can finish, he now looks like he is playing with confidence, that confidence wasn't given to him here, he wasn't given a chance..

Moore has found his level I think, certainly against Peterborough I thought that, though to be fair his headed goal was well taken i must say..

I'm with you on Marriot. Never saw much of him but I thought he had a bit of something and was worth holding on to.

Not up there with idiot Keane's mistake but a decent player (and several classes above Moore).

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Jack Marriot on 01:45 - Sep 24 with 7740 viewsTractorWood

Never given fair crack at Town.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Jack Marriot on 08:07 - Sep 24 with 7661 viewstractordownsouth

There's no way that Mick can be blamed for this. Except his first spell at Woking, he wasn't scoring regularly at all. Whilst on our books he proved he couldn't cut it in League 2 even. Admittedly he has done so since, but he was given numerous opportunities In the lower divisions and there was nothing to suggest he was good enough to make it then.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

on 08:18 - Sep 24 with 7642 views_

Jack Marriot on 08:07 - Sep 24 by tractordownsouth

There's no way that Mick can be blamed for this. Except his first spell at Woking, he wasn't scoring regularly at all. Whilst on our books he proved he couldn't cut it in League 2 even. Admittedly he has done so since, but he was given numerous opportunities In the lower divisions and there was nothing to suggest he was good enough to make it then.

Jack Marriot on 09:13 - Sep 24 with 7573 viewsJ2BLUE

Jack Marriot on 01:04 - Sep 24 by strikalite

My comment was purely because Moore has scored one more goal, it wasn't a serious comparison.

As always when a player like Marriott comes good there's plenty of revisionism going on. He was excellent for our youth team but he had six loans while he was here and apart from the first one where he scored 8 goals in 7 games he didn't exactly set the world alight in the lower leagues. He was nowhere near the first team here and didn't do anything to deserve a chance IMO. People seem to forget he's had two settled years of development at Luton since he left which will have done him a lot of good. I find it interesting (but not at all surprising to be honest) that people are saying Marriott should have been given a chance and is a decent player but the player we actually own who has scored more goals and is getting rave reviews is constantly dismissed. If Marriott was ours and we'd let Moore go permanently those same people would still be complaining.

Lets see if Marriott can keep his form up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jack Marriot on 09:57 - Sep 24 with 7517 viewsxrayspecs

on 08:18 - Sep 24 by _

One of the coaches I know at Woking thought that their opponents had worked him out during his second spell, he was more of a known quantity and they had better idea how to contain him.

I have seen him a couple of times in recent seasons at Luton and nothing I saw that day said he would come in and imrpove our team. With Waghorn and Garner added to the mix, I think that is even more so the case today.

Jack reminds me a lot of Dean Bowditch - not the style of play - but as one of our youngsters we all thought could make the break through but ultimately not quite good enough. Wish him well.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2017 9:58]
Jack Marriot on 10:12 - Sep 24 with 7487 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Why this comment? Dont get it. He would be 5th choice at Ipswich and rightly so. We have better. Arguably 6th choice if Moore was back although very different. Good player but better he left to have a career. He was never getting in our team. He may make that level at some point.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Jack Marriot on 10:19 - Sep 24 with 7476 viewsWD19

Jack Marriot on 09:57 - Sep 24 by xrayspecs

One of the coaches I know at Woking thought that their opponents had worked him out during his second spell, he was more of a known quantity and they had better idea how to contain him.

I have seen him a couple of times in recent seasons at Luton and nothing I saw that day said he would come in and imrpove our team. With Waghorn and Garner added to the mix, I think that is even more so the case today.

Jack reminds me a lot of Dean Bowditch - not the style of play - but as one of our youngsters we all thought could make the break through but ultimately not quite good enough. Wish him well.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2017 9:58]

Couldn't agree more. Always liked him as a player, but didn't do enough and you can't hang on to players forever hoping it comes good. In all likelihood he wouldn't be the player he is today if he had hung around on our bench in any case.

....and why does Marriott attract x10 of these threads than Conor Hourihane?
Jack Marriot on 10:32 - Sep 24 with 7450 viewsITFCBlues

Jack Marriot on 01:43 - Sep 24 by Dolly2.0

I'm with you on Marriot. Never saw much of him but I thought he had a bit of something and was worth holding on to.

Not up there with idiot Keane's mistake but a decent player (and several classes above Moore).

Rhodes has shown in the last 1-2 years that he's really not that good

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

on 10:36 - Sep 24 with 7441 views_

Jack Marriot on 10:32 - Sep 24 by ITFCBlues

Jack Marriot on 10:46 - Sep 24 with 7431 viewsWD19

on 10:36 - Sep 24 by _

Whilst clearly nobody should be judged on one season, 26 appearances and just 3 goals in 2016/7 is hardly stellar for someone who bases his game on goals and not a lot else. Can see why those wishing to provoke the fan-boys get excited about that.
Jack Marriot on 12:11 - Sep 24 with 7356 viewsITFCBlues

on 10:36 - Sep 24 by _

Ask Sheff We'd and Boro fans what they think about him. Think Wednesday would have been delighted to see the back of him this summer!

Not scoring goals - he offers nothing

Jack Marriot on 12:17 - Sep 24 with 7342 viewsDolly2.0

Yeah, let's just ignore everything else he's done.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Jack Marriot on 12:21 - Sep 24 with 7330 viewsITFCBlues

Jack Marriot on 12:17 - Sep 24 by Dolly2.0

Yeah, let's just ignore everything else he's done.

He's very much living off those couple of good seasons he's had at Blackburn now. If he was that good, why has he never had that chance in the Premiership? You'd presume the scounts and managers don't rate his all round game perhaps?

Jack Marriot on 12:24 - Sep 24 with 7321 viewsBluebell

Really?

2009—2012 Huddersfield Town 124 (73)
2012—2016 Blackburn Rovers 159 (83)
2016—2017 Middlesbrough 24 (6)
2017 → Sheffield Wednesday (loan) 18 (3)
2017— Sheffield Wednesday 1 (0)
Jack Marriot on 12:28 - Sep 24 with 7312 viewsITFCBlues

Jack Marriot on 12:24 - Sep 24 by Bluebell

Really?

2009—2012 Huddersfield Town 124 (73)
2012—2016 Blackburn Rovers 159 (83)
2016—2017 Middlesbrough 24 (6)
2017 → Sheffield Wednesday (loan) 18 (3)
2017— Sheffield Wednesday 1 (0)

As I said, the last 1-2 years. So yeah, really

Jack Marriot on 12:32 - Sep 24 with 7307 viewsBluebell

Jack Marriot on 12:28 - Sep 24 by ITFCBlues

As I said, the last 1-2 years. So yeah, really

When he was playing for Middlesbrough the year they went to the Prem he was hardly getting a game. They had others strikers they preferred over him.

Hence the reason he went on loan to Sheffield Wednesday and was still warming the bench a lot as they had Forestieri as the preferred striker.

I would have him back at Ipswich in a heartbeat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024