Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGoldrick 20:11 - Sep 23 with 6763 viewsSmithy

What a joy to see him back playing so well, and more importantly looking like he's enjoying himself. Long may it continue, please God keep him away from injuries.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

McGoldrick on 20:23 - Sep 23 with 5845 viewsStourbridgeblue

He's rapidly moving up my list of favourite ever Town players.

Poll: What do you want on Sunday?

McGoldrick on 21:08 - Sep 23 with 5783 viewsGarv

I've consistently criticised for lack of end product from DM and rubbish finishing (like his blaze against Bolton) but he has started the season in good form which is great to see.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

McGoldrick on 21:09 - Sep 23 with 5775 viewsBlueBadger

McGoldrick on 21:08 - Sep 23 by Garv

I've consistently criticised for lack of end product from DM and rubbish finishing (like his blaze against Bolton) but he has started the season in good form which is great to see.

He's no Paul Taylor, in all fairness.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

McGoldrick on 21:19 - Sep 23 with 5727 viewsGarv

McGoldrick on 21:09 - Sep 23 by BlueBadger

He's no Paul Taylor, in all fairness.

I'm not sure when you would have had the chance to compare them?

McGoldrick on 21:30 - Sep 23 with 5694 viewsBlueBadger

McGoldrick on 21:19 - Sep 23 by Garv

I'm not sure when you would have had the chance to compare them?

If it helps, Mcgoldrick's stats are 32 goals in 117(better than 1 in 4) Town appearances(may not include today's game) compared to Taylor's 1 in 16, if we're being bit doubtful about Mcgoldrick's ability to produce an 'end product'.

(numbers based upon wikipedia numbers so usual disclaimers apply here)
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 21:30]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

McGoldrick on 21:52 - Sep 23 with 5645 viewsITFC1977

I'm sure being fit for once has helped but he actually seems to have gained a good couple of yards of pace this season... even before when doing well he would look sluggish but this season his lack of pace is not so noticeable.. long may it continue
McGoldrick on 22:28 - Sep 23 with 5602 viewsbritbiker

I was in the leeds end and every time mcgoldrick got the ball the leeds fans were in a panic. He is class
McGoldrick on 22:48 - Sep 23 with 5558 viewsITFC_Forever

Class act and so far ahead of the rest of the squad in terms of his ability it's painful.... we miss him so much when he's not available.

Yet some can't see it.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

McGoldrick on 23:19 - Sep 23 with 5490 viewsGarv

McGoldrick on 21:30 - Sep 23 by BlueBadger

If it helps, Mcgoldrick's stats are 32 goals in 117(better than 1 in 4) Town appearances(may not include today's game) compared to Taylor's 1 in 16, if we're being bit doubtful about Mcgoldrick's ability to produce an 'end product'.

My point still stands, not sure what the point of this is.

McGoldrick on 00:23 - Sep 24 with 5419 viewsBlueBadger

McGoldrick on 23:19 - Sep 23 by Garv

My point still stands, not sure what the point of this is.

A better than 1 in 4 goal return is a 'lack of end product'?

That's just cold numbers as well, before you factor in assists, keys passes, etc, etc.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2017 0:23]

McGoldrick on 06:35 - Sep 24 with 5326 viewsITFC_Forever

McGoldrick on 00:23 - Sep 24 by BlueBadger

A better than 1 in 4 goal return is a 'lack of end product'?

That's just cold numbers as well, before you factor in assists, keys passes, etc, etc.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2017 0:23]

Plus all the good play he does in general that doesn't lead to a goal.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

McGoldrick on 08:25 - Sep 24 with 5244 viewsPJH

McGoldrick on 21:52 - Sep 23 by ITFC1977

I'm sure being fit for once has helped but he actually seems to have gained a good couple of yards of pace this season... even before when doing well he would look sluggish but this season his lack of pace is not so noticeable.. long may it continue

He does seem to have rediscovered a bit of pace.
In recent times he has been able to bit a player with skill but then not have the acceleration needed to leave him for dead, now he seems to be able to do that.
He would obviously now seem to be fitter than he probably has been since the first part of the playoff season and hopefully that will continue because a fit McG is a hell of a player at this level.
McGoldrick on 08:33 - Sep 24 with 5233 viewsBluefish

McGoldrick on 22:48 - Sep 23 by ITFC_Forever

Class act and so far ahead of the rest of the squad in terms of his ability it's painful.... we miss him so much when he's not available.

Yet some can't see it.

Mainly those that like to heard on the radio or twitter

I would say not everyone that wants Mick Out doesn't rate mcgoldrick but everyone that doesn't rate mcgoldrick wants Mick Out

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

on 09:06 - Sep 24 with 5186 views_

McGoldrick on 08:33 - Sep 24 by Bluefish

Mainly those that like to heard on the radio or twitter

I would say not everyone that wants Mick Out doesn't rate mcgoldrick but everyone that doesn't rate mcgoldrick wants Mick Out

McGoldrick on 09:06 - Sep 24 with 5182 viewsWickets

He was pretty good yesterday, i'm not sure why he was subbed TBH, if we were gonna get a third it looked likely to come from him. Nydam good second half looks like a player in the makeing.
McGoldrick on 09:27 - Sep 24 with 5140 viewsBlueBadger

McGoldrick on 06:35 - Sep 24 by ITFC_Forever

Plus all the good play he does in general that doesn't lead to a goal.

It's a bit of an odd one all round, really innit?

McGoldrick on 09:29 - Sep 24 with 5132 viewsBluefish

McGoldrick on 09:06 - Sep 24 by Wickets

He was pretty good yesterday, i'm not sure why he was subbed TBH, if we were gonna get a third it looked likely to come from him. Nydam good second half looks like a player in the makeing.

He had rum his nuts off and we wanted another striker to try something new to get a goal. All 3 players going off yesterday were obvious

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

McGoldrick on 10:09 - Sep 24 with 5091 viewsTerry_Nutkins

McGoldrick on 21:30 - Sep 23 by BlueBadger

Its actually 37 in 134 in all comps . Yesterday made it 33 in 118 league. So a goal every 3.6 games. Many of those are late sub appearances as well when returning from injury.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

McGoldrick on 10:12 - Sep 24 with 5088 viewsDyland

Anyone who consistently criticises McGoldrick for anything he does on the pitch, doesn't know much about, or even like, football.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

McGoldrick on 10:45 - Sep 24 with 5050 viewsBlueBadger

McGoldrick on 08:25 - Sep 24 by PJH

He does seem to have rediscovered a bit of pace.
In recent times he has been able to bit a player with skill but then not have the acceleration needed to leave him for dead, now he seems to be able to do that.
He would obviously now seem to be fitter than he probably has been since the first part of the playoff season and hopefully that will continue because a fit McG is a hell of a player at this level.

He's had his first full pre-season in good knows how many seasons. That's got to be a factor here.

on 10:50 - Sep 24 with 5044 views_

McGoldrick on 10:12 - Sep 24 by Dyland

Anyone who consistently criticises McGoldrick for anything he does on the pitch, doesn't know much about, or even like, football.

McGoldrick on 10:52 - Sep 24 with 5042 viewsDyland

on 10:50 - Sep 24 by _

Of course he's no Zidane. He's playing for a team that's been in the second division for fifteen years :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

McGoldrick on 11:11 - Sep 24 with 5003 viewsPJH

McGoldrick on 10:45 - Sep 24 by BlueBadger

He's had his first full pre-season in good knows how many seasons. That's got to be a factor here.

I am sure that you are right, he is looking fitter and quicker than he has done for ages at the moment.
Please let it continue.
McGoldrick on 11:22 - Sep 24 with 4983 viewsStNeotsBlue

McGoldrick on 09:29 - Sep 24 by Bluefish

He had rum his nuts off and we wanted another striker to try something new to get a goal. All 3 players going off yesterday were obvious

He was the best player on the pitch yesterday, Leeds were petrified every time he got the ball. The substitution was odd.
McGoldrick on 11:25 - Sep 24 with 4980 viewsSuperfrans

He’s the most gifted player we’ve had over the past decade. We’ve been very lucky to have him. He’s worth the ticket price on his own.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024