Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Best team we've played this season' 17:13 - Sep 23 with 4869 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

According to some Leeds fans on twitter

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

'Best team we've played this season' on 17:40 - Sep 23 with 4776 viewsBenters

Great.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

'Best team we've played this season' on 17:43 - Sep 23 with 4760 viewsTractorCam

They must be mistaken, we're anti football remember!!!!!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

'Best team we've played this season' on 17:44 - Sep 23 with 4760 viewspointofblue

I guess this is what some have been saying - do we want to play well (Leeds) and lose or play poorly and win (Bolton)? Really we want to marry together playing well and winning; I think that's possible and it'll be great when it happens.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

'Best team we've played this season' on 17:45 - Sep 23 with 4735 viewsTractorCam

'Best team we've played this season' on 17:44 - Sep 23 by pointofblue

I guess this is what some have been saying - do we want to play well (Leeds) and lose or play poorly and win (Bolton)? Really we want to marry together playing well and winning; I think that's possible and it'll be great when it happens.

Not too fussy then.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

'Best team we've played this season' on 17:50 - Sep 23 with 4679 viewsNarddog

It just shows how successful the brainwashing from Mick has been that those 2 options are considered mutually exclusive.

Of course playing bad = Winning and playing well = losing.... obviously.
'Best team we've played this season' on 17:52 - Sep 23 with 4648 viewspointofblue

'Best team we've played this season' on 17:50 - Sep 23 by Narddog

It just shows how successful the brainwashing from Mick has been that those 2 options are considered mutually exclusive.

Of course playing bad = Winning and playing well = losing.... obviously.

Is it brainwashing when it has happened? Best performance of the season, open, attacking, vibrant football and we've lost. Stody, dull, uninspirational football last week gained us three points.

I think this is how Mick will be considering it anyway. Strengthen up at the back and rely on our attackers to nick a goal or two.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 17:53]

'Best team we've played this season' on 17:55 - Sep 23 with 4607 viewsNarddog

'Best team we've played this season' on 17:52 - Sep 23 by pointofblue

Is it brainwashing when it has happened? Best performance of the season, open, attacking, vibrant football and we've lost. Stody, dull, uninspirational football last week gained us three points.

I think this is how Mick will be considering it anyway. Strengthen up at the back and rely on our attackers to nick a goal or two.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 17:53]

The fact that we’re led to believe Micks way is the only way. Anything other than a grinding, stubborn performance means poor results.
'Best team we've played this season' on 18:01 - Sep 23 with 4545 viewspointofblue

'Best team we've played this season' on 17:55 - Sep 23 by Narddog

The fact that we’re led to believe Micks way is the only way. Anything other than a grinding, stubborn performance means poor results.

But I did say in my original post that I think we can unite the two and it'll be great when it happens.

Login to get fewer ads

'Best team we've played this season' on 18:05 - Sep 23 with 4494 viewsNarddog

'Best team we've played this season' on 18:01 - Sep 23 by pointofblue

But I did say in my original post that I think we can unite the two and it'll be great when it happens.

Wasn’t really aimed at you, just a response to the notion of choosing to play one way or the other and the likely outcome we are told to expect. Probably misplaced in retrospect...
'Best team we've played this season' on 18:07 - Sep 23 with 4471 viewspointofblue

'Best team we've played this season' on 18:05 - Sep 23 by Narddog

Wasn’t really aimed at you, just a response to the notion of choosing to play one way or the other and the likely outcome we are told to expect. Probably misplaced in retrospect...

It will be interesting to see how Mick reacts to this on Tuesday night. He won't have long to plan and Sunderland should be low on confidence... but listening to the iFollow interview he's very unhappy about the goals conceded, not just the third.

'Best team we've played this season' on 18:11 - Sep 23 with 4427 viewsNarddog

'Best team we've played this season' on 18:07 - Sep 23 by pointofblue

It will be interesting to see how Mick reacts to this on Tuesday night. He won't have long to plan and Sunderland should be low on confidence... but listening to the iFollow interview he's very unhappy about the goals conceded, not just the third.

Looking at the press conference quotes he only seems interested in talking about himself.
'Best team we've played this season' on 19:59 - Sep 23 with 4104 viewspeterleeblue

I'm going to sleep on my thoughts.
However I do feel that we are finally onto something this season. It reminded me of when Burley was building his teams in the late 90's.
There was one piece of brilliance from Iorfa who beat 3 players, fed Ward, I think, who swept the ball into McGoldrick who was denied by a last ditch block.
We have some real talent at last and that fills me with hope.
'Best team we've played this season' on 20:09 - Sep 23 with 4055 viewsBlueBrittania

For the first time this season we were both ahead on shot based expected goals and non shot based expected goals, ie overall we were better, just failed to put the ball in the net
'Best team we've played this season' on 20:11 - Sep 23 with 4046 viewsbraveblue

Good to hear. Let's start on the front foot.
'Best team we've played this season' on 20:21 - Sep 23 with 4012 viewsolimar

Its great to hear but, for some context, they have played 8 other teams, 4 of which are in the bottom 6 (theyve played all of the bottom 3). Of the remainder, only 2 of them are in the top half- one of them is 12th, the other one is Preston.
And thats on the basis that those Leeds fans actually went to all of the games.
'Best team we've played this season' on 20:24 - Sep 23 with 3997 viewsolimar

Id rather we played well and won. Then when we lose playing badly we can say that theres something to aim for.
Aspiring to repeat a performance where we lose isnt a great starting point. Though we played well today all the same and MM might well take some food for thought from the formation etc.
'Best team we've played this season' on 20:24 - Sep 23 with 3995 viewsDarth_Koont

'Best team we've played this season' on 19:59 - Sep 23 by peterleeblue

I'm going to sleep on my thoughts.
However I do feel that we are finally onto something this season. It reminded me of when Burley was building his teams in the late 90's.
There was one piece of brilliance from Iorfa who beat 3 players, fed Ward, I think, who swept the ball into McGoldrick who was denied by a last ditch block.
We have some real talent at last and that fills me with hope.

Yes, that was a great move. Credit to the defender sliding in because McG thought he was just about to stroke it past the keeper.

Pronouns: He/Him

'Best team we've played this season' on 20:48 - Sep 23 with 3891 viewstextbackup

'Best team we've played this season' on 18:07 - Sep 23 by pointofblue

in his head u just know he's fuming that we've played well and lost, seems seriously pissed off in interviews...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

'Best team we've played this season' on 21:14 - Sep 23 with 3766 viewsSomethingBlue

'Best team we've played this season' on 20:48 - Sep 23 by textbackup

in his head u just know he's fuming that we've played well and lost, seems seriously pissed off in interviews...

Probably because he wanted us to win, and knows that we might well have done that but for some silly mistakes.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024