Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Milan - bit of hotel advice 16:33 - Sep 23 with 2610 viewstcfc

I know a few on here may have visited Milan in the past. Just managed to get flights for me and the boy to go over in half term and catch the Inter/Sampdoria game and I need a hotel for the night. Nothing elaborate, any recommendations?

Ta
Milan - bit of hotel advice on 17:01 - Sep 23 with 2586 viewsTractorWood

Not a big fan of Milan tbh. I'd stay away from the really central cathedral area and get a trendy, cheap hotel in the studenty area, Navigli I think.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Milan - bit of hotel advice on 17:46 - Sep 23 with 2556 viewsnorth_stand77

Am going myself next weekend.
Staying at ADI Doria Grand Hotel for a couple of nights before moving on. I booked through Secret Escapes but I think it's a reasonable 3star
Milan - bit of hotel advice on 17:58 - Sep 23 with 2548 viewsRozz

Have a look at Air Bnb. I go to Milan every year for the design festival, and although prices are hugely inflated for that period, you can get some very nice and centrally located apartments very cheaply.

Stayed in one around the Milano Centrale Station this year, owned by the restaurant proprietor down stairs. 5 bottles of wine in the fridge, free breakfast in his cafe, and wine in the eve. Apartment was basic, but great for a place to crash.
Milan - bit of hotel advice on 18:16 - Sep 23 with 2539 viewstcfc

Milan - bit of hotel advice on 17:58 - Sep 23 by Rozz

Have a look at Air Bnb. I go to Milan every year for the design festival, and although prices are hugely inflated for that period, you can get some very nice and centrally located apartments very cheaply.

Stayed in one around the Milano Centrale Station this year, owned by the restaurant proprietor down stairs. 5 bottles of wine in the fridge, free breakfast in his cafe, and wine in the eve. Apartment was basic, but great for a place to crash.

Yeah I've had a look on airbnb and that seems the best option. You don't recall the name of that one do you? I think near the station may suit us best.
Milan - bit of hotel advice on 18:44 - Sep 23 with 2516 viewsRozz

Milan - bit of hotel advice on 18:16 - Sep 23 by tcfc

Yeah I've had a look on airbnb and that seems the best option. You don't recall the name of that one do you? I think near the station may suit us best.

I'll have a dig around.

The station isn't the nicest area at night, and directly in front and to either side of the main station building are upwards of 100 people sleeping rough.

A little further out to the San Gregorio district is nice, well located, and some proper Italian places to eat. The monkey cocktail bar is also very good for a drink. You can get a few apartments along that road for a short crawl to bed. We've stayed in Air BnB's around San Gregorio / via Cappellini, and all were superb.
Milan - bit of hotel advice on 19:47 - Sep 23 with 2490 viewstcfc

Milan - bit of hotel advice on 18:44 - Sep 23 by Rozz

I'll have a dig around.

The station isn't the nicest area at night, and directly in front and to either side of the main station building are upwards of 100 people sleeping rough.

A little further out to the San Gregorio district is nice, well located, and some proper Italian places to eat. The monkey cocktail bar is also very good for a drink. You can get a few apartments along that road for a short crawl to bed. We've stayed in Air BnB's around San Gregorio / via Cappellini, and all were superb.

Cheers. Good advice. There'll be a couple of younger kids with us so I'd rather keep away from anything ropey. Was only thinking of there due to ease of getting to and from the airport but we'll only have a rucksack so there's no drama where we go really.
Milan - bit of hotel advice on 21:59 - Sep 23 with 2454 viewsRozz

Milan - bit of hotel advice on 19:47 - Sep 23 by tcfc

Cheers. Good advice. There'll be a couple of younger kids with us so I'd rather keep away from anything ropey. Was only thinking of there due to ease of getting to and from the airport but we'll only have a rucksack so there's no drama where we go really.

Don't get me wrong, last time out I fitted an exhibition in one of the centrale arches, leaving at 12-3am every night. Only had one incident where we were in a large group, but most of the time it's safe if not a little harrowing. Some very different cultures there in some very dire situations.

If you need Centrale for access from the game, just head straight down the main road from there. Plenty of hotels about, but as mentioned you may be better off in Air Bnb for cost. DM me if you need anything else - will have a look for the places we've stayed previously.
Milan - bit of hotel advice on 11:12 - Sep 24 with 2376 viewsTIB

http://www.suitemilano.com/en

Stayed here last September, great central location and apartment was pristine. Wished I'd gone to a game as after seeing the cathedral I felt like Milan didn't have much else to offer.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024